PDA

View Full Version : Tubular brass powder flask broke.

Willyp
07-22-2014, 09:38 AM
The return spring,on the nozzle broke. Is there anywhere to buy one or is it just as cheap to buy a whole new flask?

JWFilips
07-22-2014, 10:03 AM
Track of the Wolf should have those springs Not very expensive

triggerhappy243
07-25-2014, 02:09 AM
contact cva direct. that is where i got mine..... free

fryboy
07-25-2014, 06:03 AM
also dixiegunworks.com usually has some kind of selection

bedbugbilly
07-27-2014, 08:41 AM
There are two different designs of that type of flask. I have one from CVA that has the traditional style (as was used on original powder flasks) and I'm assuming that is what you have? If so - as suggested, TOW or Dixie or CVA directly should be able to fix you up and it will be cheaper than buying a new flask.

The other style has a push button with a coil spring type valve - I don't recall who made the one I have. If you have that type and the coil spring "gave up" - check with a hardware store or n auto supply store to see what they have in a small coil spring that will work.

I'm guessing though that you have the "original style" flat curved spring.

For years, I never liked this style of flask - I preferred the traditional style flask but I was usually loading from a pouch. I ran across one of the tube flasks somewhere and picked it up as it was only a couple of dollars. I think I got it at a flea market. After using it, I got another one. I like them for loading from a bench. Easy to use, fit my hand well and sits up nice on a loading bench.

smilin jack
08-03-2014, 01:10 AM
I've done business with The Gun Works in Springfield Oregon many times. Here is their web address.
http://www.thegunworks.com/GunIndex.cfm?next=who
They have a huge on-line catalog and make custom rifles etc.