PDA

View Full Version : Mag Spark works great!

Nobade
07-20-2014, 05:45 PM
I had never tried a Mag Spark 209 adapter before, always thought it seemed pretty hokey. But with the current price and availability of musket caps, I thought I'd give it a try in my Miroku 1863 repro. Other than it being very hard to get the Winchester primers out of it after they were fired, which the instructions warn not to use, it was great. The musket has never shot so accurately, holding 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yds, and it stayed very clean on the outside. Plus it's about 1/3rd of the price to shoot using 209 primers compared to caps. I think I'll keep it, just wish there was enough clearance around the nipple on the Sharps rifle to use it with that too.

-Nobade

Themoose
07-20-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm sold on Mag Spark as well... Roger Johnson suggested that I give them a try and they work very well for me...I use them in TC Hawken parts gun with 45 1:28 Green Mtn barrel for paperpatching with BH209...They will spoil you...

johnson1942
07-20-2014, 07:56 PM
i have several side locks and they all have magsparks. buy a almost minature pliers. you can order one off of the internet. as small a pliers as you can get. it will help remove the used 209 primer. also some one on cast bollits sugested that when you screw the cap on back off the cap about 1/2 turn. that just a little and that alows the primer to stick out of the nipple just a fraction. that is helpful in getting ahold of it with the small pliers. also when i put the primer in the nipple before i put the cap on i wet the threads with some saliva. that alows the cap to come off with ease. you right the moose, paperpatching, blackhorn 209 powder and the magspark nipple will spoil you.