PDA

View Full Version : 22/45 frame?

45fan
07-19-2014, 07:55 PM
Well I seemed to have damaged my Ruger MK3 22/45 frame. The hammer pin hole is cracked and a little elongated. My guess is I forced it when I got frustrated during reassembly. Anybody know where I may be able to get a replacement frame? It is the polymer frame without the removable grip panels. Just want a stock replacement a quick search on line all I find is aftermarket upgrade frames and those are way more than I paid for the gun itself. Thanks all.

Ickisrulz
07-19-2014, 08:14 PM
I'd bet if you mailed it back to Ruger they'd fix it for no charge.

Tackleberry41
07-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Wonder how many wont take their Ruger 22s apart due to the frustration of putting it back together? I have taken mine apart many times, still curse when putting it back together. I know there is a kit to fix it, but somebody at Ruger really should have it explained that guns have to be taken apart.

Only after market frame I have seen is the Volquertson, which is of course more than just going and buying a new gun. Would like to upgrade mine to the newer style where you can change the grips. Then could use the same Hogue wrap around as is on my 1911.

Geezer in NH
07-21-2014, 08:15 PM
I'd bet if you mailed it back to Ruger they'd fix it for no charge. And get back they same **** they made in the first place.

Finster101
07-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Standard 1911 grips will not fit. Don't ask me how I know.

Intel6
07-24-2014, 09:52 AM
You need to find one of those people replacing their frame with one of the aftermarket versions and buy theirs. Maybe offer to pay someone for theirs so they know how mush they have to go towards one of those new frames? Since Ruger puts the serial number on the upper on the pistols the lower is not an FFL part and can be mailed directly. I have seen people selling them so they are out there. The problem is that since the frames interchange someone could buy one of the 22/45 frames and turn their MKIII pistol into a 22/45.

rockshooter
07-29-2014, 11:40 PM
I'd fill the hole with JB weld or slow-set epoxy and redrill
Loren