PDA

View Full Version : fires in Washington State

quilbilly
07-19-2014, 01:38 PM
As you watch the news of the catastrophic fires in Northcentral Washington State, besides burning 100 homes so far, they have already destroyed the winter range of approximately 75,000 mule deer and several thousand white tails. Next winter will be an ugly one. Twenty years ago when only one of these fires occurred, they state offered several thousand extra doe tags to improve the survival and recovery of the remaining deer.

Three44s
07-19-2014, 07:10 PM
We used to log ......... we used to graze.

We got super intelligent and now we just "blaze"!

After all the fires ........ they will study ....... and then decide we need to spend less on fire fighting.

Logging mature trees and grazing off excess grass growth is preferable to fire fighter funerals and burned up towns and ranches and forests.

Three 44s

Mike in TX
07-19-2014, 07:29 PM
My cousin's son is on his way to help fight these fires. I hope that all firefighters are safe in this fight.

Three44s
07-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Mike in TX,

Everytime I see new smoke, I stop and say a little prayer for those responders.

Best regards

Three 44s

MaryB
07-19-2014, 10:19 PM
Can smell the smoke here in MN from those fires. Skies are hazy. I pray for the families that have lost everything and for the firefighters putting their lives on the line. Last I heard they were bring in the national guard and some big bomber tankers.

quilbilly
07-19-2014, 10:53 PM
My cousin's son is on his way to help fight these fires. I hope that all firefighters are safe in this fight.
I am with you on that.

Shuz
07-20-2014, 07:36 PM
The Carlton complex, only one of the many fires burning, is now approaching 300,000 acres, and is still 0 % contained and is the largest wildfire ever experienced in recent times in Washington state. I live about 150 miles airline from these fires and our air quality is in the "unhealthy" range. That is nothing tho compared to the hundreds of homes lost, and people displaced. Please pray for all folks involved.--Shuz

ELFEGO BACA
07-21-2014, 02:16 AM
Smoke still in the air in idaho

MaryB
07-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Smoke and haze here still, on top of the pollen triggering a bad allergy attack for me. I pray for the guys on the ground and the chopper and plane pilots to be safe.

waksupi
07-22-2014, 12:10 AM
It got pretty smokey here, especially Saturday. This was our camp on Saturday morning, by afternoon, you couldn't see the mountain in the background.

quilbilly
07-22-2014, 01:05 PM
So far there have been no casualties among the firefighters but one retired marine died of a heart attack successfully defending his home. Pray for his family and Semper fi to the hero.