PDA

View Full Version : USFA value?

Tatume
07-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Hello Folks,

I'm looking at a late model 5-1/2" USFA Rodeo in 45 Colt. It is in excellent condition, no scratches or holster wear, fired very little. It was made in the USA, and is one of the last guns before USFA stopped making revolvers. Do any of you know what the gun should be worth?

Thanks, Tom

jmort
07-18-2014, 11:30 AM
They are good guns. Are there any on Gun Broker? That is one way to gauge the market.

Love Life
07-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Depending on condition $800.00 to well north of $1,000.00. Lowball at $750 and work up if you are buying. If selling on Gbroker, start it at $800.00

MaineJim
07-20-2014, 03:00 AM
Last time I saw them being sold new they were about 550 bucks,now I see them on gun broker for triple that amount.Price on USFA guns is skyrocketing it seems.

TXGunNut
07-20-2014, 10:01 AM
Just another gun we should have bought when they were cheap. When they came out there was a bit of misinformation floating around that discouraged me from buying one-and this was before we all did our research on the internet.

Tatume
07-20-2014, 10:12 AM
When they first came out the parts were made in Italy and the guns were assembled in the U.S. These guns are not of the same quality as the later guns, that were made at USFA entirely in the U.S. The U.S. made guns are strong enough for 44 Rem Mag, although they were never chambered for the cartridge. Tolerances on the U.S. made guns are tight, and quality throughout is high.

There's a lot of speculation about why USFA quit producing revolvers. The most common explanation that I've heard is that the owner was well to do, and was only in it as a hobby. He lost interest. But hey, what do I know?

pmer
07-20-2014, 10:58 PM
At one time I had a two Rodeos, a Uberti and a American USFA. I could easily tell the USFA was of much greater quality. Very nice trigger, shot to point of aim and cast boolit freindly. I stumbled over a nice used USFA after I bought the Uberti and ended up selling the Uberti because I didn't want two. It's not that the Uberti is that bad, I think you can get plenty of good use from one. But its hard to pass a good deal on something as nice as the original.

Love Life
07-21-2014, 12:27 AM
I bought a Turnbull model for $1230.00. Sold it 6 months later for over $1600.00

MtGun44
07-21-2014, 08:40 PM
I have several USFAs. High quality guns, for sure. Clearly the USFA
owner is insane. Have you seen that stupid "thing" he is making
now? It is supposedly a .22 pistol but looks like some weird stock
attachment for an AR. Most ungainly and ugly thing I have ever seen.

Bill

TXGunNut
07-21-2014, 11:02 PM

Bill

Yes, truly an odd piece of...equipment. Some folks wonder what he was thinking, I don't want to know.

pmer
07-22-2014, 12:14 AM
If I were in the owner's shoes; the only way I would've stopped making those SAAs was if Colt had some sort of way to pull the plug. Like a Colt name sake protection agreement.

Love Life
07-22-2014, 12:58 AM

Bill

The owner of USFA had an order list longer than a stretch Escalade, but shut it all down to build garbage.

Another great benefit of when USFA was in production was that it absolutely forced the price of Colt SAA revolvers to drop quite a bit. I often wonder if the owners of the Pony cut a side deal with the Owner of USFA.

My USFA was every bit as finely fitted as my Freedom Arms. It was timed perfectly. After hundreds of hammer cocks, there was absolutely no sign of turn line. Just an exquisite revolver.

The story of USFA will go down in the history books under the chapter "Retards in the Firearms business" which will be followed by "Why can't Colt make money?".