View Full Version : Arizona. Chinook valley...electrician jobs

hithard
07-16-2014, 08:55 PM
Anyone have input on finding work in this area. I have lots of refineryand commercial experience

Artful
07-16-2014, 11:15 PM
I never heard of chinook valley in Arizona - what town/city is that by?

DoubleAdobe
07-17-2014, 12:34 AM
Bet you mean Chino Valley, north of Prescott.

marlin39a
07-17-2014, 08:34 AM
I too never heard of Chinook Valley. I do live next to Chino Valley and travel through it daily. No refinery there. There are at best low wage jobs.

Artful
07-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Yeah - Ruger plant is about the only industrial thing up there as I remember.

hithard
07-17-2014, 03:17 PM
Yes. Chino valley. Sorry for the confusion. How about recommendations. Need the four seasons.

Jr.
07-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Ruger is the best you've got there. Went to a seminar with some of their electricians, some really cool guys and they say they have x amount of credits they are given per year on the firearms there. Mostly automated machinery run off of PLC systems but that still means motors and control systems to maintain. Wouldn't be a bad gig if you could get your foot in the door.

bangerjim
07-17-2014, 06:10 PM
The company I own covers AZ/NM/NV for industrial business and I know the industrial markets VERY well. There is just nothing around Prescott (except Ruger) like you are used to. AZ has no refineries or heavy industries! The closest oil refinery (small) is in Farmington NM.

We are a light/clean industry state whose main things are semiconductor and related, primary metals, power, and municipal. There are a lot of big power plants up north that use coal, but with Obummer's EPA waging war on coal, who knows? The copper mines/smelters are basically in the center and east of the state, with one FMI plant in Bagdad. Phoenix and Tucson are the big centers if you are looking for jobs in the tech industries.

Good luck finding something you will like in the Prescott area. Just not a whole lot to pick from. You may want 4 seasons, but you gotta live where there is work you want/like!!!!!

bangerjim

Artful
07-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Or buy a place for the weekends up north and work in phx m-f, sort of get your paycheck and seasons too.