PDA

View Full Version : Eagle??

Guesser
07-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Was handed a set of dies. unused. in a nice box with all brochures, warranty card, etc. They are Eagle Products Co., division of Bergandi Mfg. Co., South El Monte, Ca. I've been buying, using and trading reloading dies since 1957 and have never seen this brand. Is it good? When was it in production from ? to ?. This set of dies are 358 Winchester.

ReloaderFred
07-16-2014, 07:59 PM
I've got a set of Eagle dies in my extra die box, and they appear to be of good quality. I don't have any information on when they were in business, but the dies I've seen, and owned, were good dies.

Hope this helps.

Fred

gwpercle
07-16-2014, 08:14 PM
They are listed in the 1970 and 1972 Handloader's Digest and appear to be quite nice. They have a special internal surface finish that prevents rust and works with die lube to prevent stuck cases . Finish is guaranteed against peeling or flaking. A set sold for $15.00. RCBS
dies also sold for $15.00 . I know they also made powder measures and a press and probably other reloading tools. I'm still using a Eagle Cobra Press and like it a lot.
Don't know when they started or ended manufacturing but my older Handloader's Digest or at my office. Made in USA so can't be too bad.
Gary

Maven
07-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Had a set in 6.5 x 55mm not too long ago. They were of excellent quality: ~.001" runout after FL sizing. That was as good as, if not better than the Hornady New Dimension die set (same cal., of course) of more recent manufacture.

EDG
07-17-2014, 02:03 PM
I have a set in 6mm and will buy more sets when I can find them.
The sizer is either larger inside or is very smooth and hard because sizing is really easy with mine.
I have 4 or 5 other 6mm Rem sizers and the Eagle sizer is by far the best.

pworley1
07-17-2014, 07:45 PM
The Eagle dies I have are all great quality dies.

mtnman31
07-17-2014, 11:36 PM
I have a couple Eagle bullet pullers. The puller is a die that uses a fingered collet that can cover a range of bullet sizes. You run the cartridge into the die, tap the collet down onto the bullet and then draw the cartridge down pulling the bullet and leaving the bullet and collect in the die. Then just lift the collet out and dump the bullet. It works fairly well for lightly crimped bullets but can't quite grip the ones that are heavily crimped or sealed like some milsurp stuff. I actually made a couple extra collects for it. I made them in a few sizes I needed and beefed them up a little.

Rich/WIS
07-19-2014, 10:50 PM
Have a set in 30/06, neck sizer die and a no crimp seating die. Haven't used either one yet but they appear to be very well made.