PDA

View Full Version : Can Not Access CASTPICS. Anyone else?

jonp
07-16-2014, 09:41 AM
For a couple of weeks I have been unable to access castpics. I get the following error message:

Failed to connect to sundog5_LoadData at mysql1.hostica.com. Error: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file

Anyone know what this means

Mk42gunner
07-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Seems to work okay with my abysmally slow dial-up connection.

I saw that new content had been added, maybe try clearing your cookies?

I am the about the last person I would take computer advice from, I really don't know much about these things; especially since my computer that had XP on it died.

Robert

IraqVet1982
07-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Www.castpics.net is working fine for me

AlaskanGuy
07-16-2014, 12:35 PM
I cant access cast pics load data either. I get the same thing with my Ipad so maybe it is a mobile device issue with the database... I will try it on my computer as well...

Failed to connect to sundog5_LoadData at mysql1.hostica.com. Error: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file

s mac
07-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Doesn't work for me, hasn't for some time.

AlaskanGuy
07-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Here is the link to try... cast pics itself is working ok.. it is just the load data module that is broke for me... I am using the laptop for this post after trying the mobile device above.... doesnt work for either....

AG

gtgeorge
07-16-2014, 12:41 PM
It's the load database lookup feature that requires a DB connection at
http://www.castpics.net/project2/CastDatalist.php

C. Latch
07-16-2014, 12:52 PM
It's been broke for a month or so.

CPL Lou
07-16-2014, 01:10 PM
No luck here either.

CPL Lou

JWFilips
07-16-2014, 01:22 PM
This has stopped working Since mid May. I believe Sundog5 is the owner of the site. He has to update the setting for the call to the database server. I tried to contact the link for the website owner back in May however the e-mail address bounces.
Sure wish this could be fixed

Rattlesnake Charlie
07-16-2014, 01:28 PM
I just went to www.castpics.net, and I could navigate to any part, even the load data.

JWFilips
07-16-2014, 01:34 PM
I just went to www.castpics.net (http://www.castpics.net), and I could navigate to any part, even the load data.
You can search the Load Database & bring up all the hundreds of loads?

brtelec
07-16-2014, 02:36 PM
The above link works fine for me and I can navigate the entire site. I tried it with Internet Explorer and with FireFox and have no problem.

wiljen
07-16-2014, 03:05 PM
The whole site is being rewritten and will have a new version up shortly. I have not fixed the old version as I have been working on the new.

s mac
07-16-2014, 04:10 PM
Thanks for your efforts wiljen.

jonp
07-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Thanks wiljen. No one had posted about it and i was worried i had done something to my comp...again

DrBill33
10-08-2014, 07:57 PM
I received the same response. I await the new site!

wiljen
10-31-2014, 12:39 PM
Took longer than hoped but new site is up.

bedbugbilly
10-31-2014, 01:17 PM
I was able to get to the new site but I was looking for the information on the Ideal/Lyman 310 tools and can't seem to find it on the new site? Am I missing something? Or is it not going to contain that anymore? thanks.

C. Latch
10-31-2014, 01:58 PM
I was able to get to the new site but I was looking for the information on the Ideal/Lyman 310 tools and can't seem to find it on the new site? Am I missing something? Or is it not going to contain that anymore? thanks.

http://castpics.net/dpl/index.php/the-library/the-lyman-310-tool

The way they have it set up now, you have to click on 'the bench'.

Once that page loads, the 'the bench' tab is a different color, and THEN you can hover over it and a pull-down menu appears that includes the link you want.

I am betting this is a coding glitch and will be gone in a week!

bedbugbilly
11-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Thank you!

Jim

wiljen
11-01-2014, 06:54 PM
I am betting this is a coding glitch and will be gone in a week!

How about a day - should be set to always show the sub-menus now.

jonp
11-02-2014, 06:42 PM
ok, well the old site had the castpics and several other links on the bottom of the screen. I don't see any down there now and can't find the castpics at all??

SWANEEDB
11-02-2014, 08:47 PM
ok, well the old site had the castpics and several other links on the bottom of the screen. I don't see any down there now and can't find the castpics at all??

I think we are all in the same boat, have tried--no luck.

Shooter6br
11-02-2014, 08:49 PM
"New and Improved?"

wiljen
11-03-2014, 03:13 PM
hey that is a link on Castboolits you are fussing about - you can always open a browser and head over to http://castpics.net or now that it is combined http://www.RRonline.org from the reloader's reference side of things.

C. Latch
11-03-2014, 03:19 PM
How about a day - should be set to always show the sub-menus now.

Awesome.