PDA

View Full Version : The Lord was looking out for my folks...

Sweetpea
07-15-2014, 10:53 PM
My folks are retired, Dad is DAV.

The last few years, they have been living out of their travel trailer, helping out where they can.

Last summer, and this summer, they have spent volunteering at an independent church camp in the mountains several hours from here.

Their 26' trailer was quite cramped for living out of, and they found a brand new 34' trailer that would work much better for them.

When they picked it up on Saturday, they made it less than 10 miles before they had a big wreck and jacknifed the rig.

Not sure if they will be totalled or not, but quite a bit of damage. The best I can figure, when the guy at the trailer place hooked it up, he wrapped the light/brake cable around the jack a few times, which left it tight. The folks made a sharp turn, which disconnected the cable.

They got on the interstate, right in an area that goes downhill, around a curve, and known for bad winds. Trailer got squirrelly, Dad tried to use just the trailer brakes to straighten it out. When that didn't work, he tried to use the truck, and the trailer went for a pass...

Anyways, I went to get them, and all their stuff, they are fine, working back at the camp for the week, with a rental car.

Things can be replaced, I'm not looking to lose my folks anytime soon.

God is good!

Remmy4477
07-16-2014, 12:16 AM
Blessed day! Glad their OK!!!

Bzcraig
07-16-2014, 12:20 AM
That sounds pretty scary. Thank you Jesus for the hedge of protection!

RED333
07-16-2014, 06:38 AM
Thank you Lord for another day, so glad things went some what well.

AlaskanGuy
07-16-2014, 01:14 PM
The Lord uses times like that to show his will... :)

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Life is fragile, Glad your folks are OK.
The Lord must have been the co-pilot in your Dad's truck.

w5pv
07-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Their work is blessed by the Lord.

Bo1
07-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Praise GOD for his mercy.. Glad your folks are OK.
Bo