PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

The Dove
07-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Miracle Whip or Mayo? That is the question....... My wife and I have been married for 21 years and we always have bought and used Miracle Whip. She and I never have had a discussion bout it in all these years. Well, after I saw some posts on here I asked her why we use Miracle whip instead of mayo. Her reply was because I like MW better and because my mom used it........ Imagine dat! Well, I got to thinkin about it and my mom use MW too....... Just curious bout y'all.......

The Dove

Outpost75
07-15-2014, 05:37 PM
The advantage of Miracle Whip is that if you are mixing salad ahead to take on a picnic, it keeps better, but if you want the best flavor, use Duke's mayonaise, unless you make your own!

chsparkman
07-15-2014, 05:46 PM
I grew up using MW so I got sick of it. It's mayo all the way now. MW is still good for deviled eggs though.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Mayo....Hands down, in fact, if a dish was made with MW, I generally avoid it.

flyingmonkey35
07-15-2014, 06:51 PM
If i rember right MW has some horseradish in it to give that tanginess.

i like em both but it depends on the sandwich.

reloader28
07-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Mayo has no flavor. If anything, to me, it just tastes like oil.
MW all the way for me, but the wife has to use mayo.

MaryB
07-16-2014, 03:47 AM
MW for everything but one salad... my 7 layer salad keeps much better made with mayo. No clue why.

gwpercle
07-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Mayo, that's what I grew up eating.
A friend, same age, MW that's what he grew up eating.
I don't have a problem with slathering either on a sandwich, nor am I bound to any brand, will eat Blue Plate, Hellman's , Duke's, home made (my mom would whip up a batch now and then) or MW with the same amount of gusto!
My wife claims I have few taste buds but the truth is I am just not "picky ". Mom fixed stuff you had the choice of eating it or going to bed hungry. I enjoy eating. I don't enjoy going to bed hungry....I enjoy everything, except brussel sprouts, mom fixed way to many of them bad boy's. I ate them but I didn't enjoy them!
Gary

Hamish
07-16-2014, 04:21 PM
Neither one is worth a hoot as a a Tumble Lube,,,,,,,,,

Smoke4320
07-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Neither one is worth a hoot as a a Tumble Lube,,,,,,,,,
But if you do you have to patch with a lettuce wrap

PS its Dukes Mayo for me !

Rattlesnake Charlie
07-16-2014, 04:50 PM
I figured out there was some controversy about "sandwich spread" while still in grade school. Dad like Miracle Whip and Mom's mom always used real mayo. Fortunately, instead of my usual life-long-blundering, I asked my mom about it. She explained it just as I listed it, and said she used MW because Dad liked it. That was my first lesson in politics. I wished all life's lesson's were so painless.