PDA

View Full Version : Smoker at 225˚ Pic of new Chargriller

Shiloh
07-13-2014, 05:01 PM
My next smoker is going to be electric. Until then, one has to manage your charcoal grill.
I put these accessory temp gauges on to keep both sides balanced as best as possible.
I have baffles on the inside, and about 10 briquettes on the far left. Using chunks of cherry wood tray for smoke.
I have St Louis Style ribs today.

Shiloh

TXGunNut
07-13-2014, 09:00 PM
Sweet! I don't think an electric will ever replace a traditional smoker for me, just a nice option for certain situations.

crawfobj
07-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Chargriller makes very nice stuff for the price. Very well designed and my experience with several models has been great.

Shiloh
07-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Chargrillers, while definitely not one of the higher quality grill/smokers, can be tweaked. I sealed mine with fiberglass P gasket, and a rail for baffle plates to lay on. The better units have thicker steel, and are sealed better.

That being said, There have been no complaints about the finished product off of mine.

Shiloh

MaryB
07-14-2014, 09:45 PM
I started with a Brinkman Smoke N Pit Pro, little welding, some gasket, move the smoke stack below grate level and it worked well. Was just to small and the firebox end was always to hot.

attrapereves
07-16-2014, 07:05 PM
It looks like your grill has a little grin. .___.

MaryB
07-16-2014, 10:28 PM
Get a piece of aluminum roof flashing 12 inches wide. Roll it in a tube then slip it inside the smoke stack and let the end rest on the cooking grate... you will be amazed at what it does for temp control Good link with pics of the mods for those http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDAQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deejayssmokepit.net%2FDownloa ds_files%2FCharGrilleMods.pdf&ei=yjTHU-vxHoGnyASKwYHoBw&usg=AFQjCNF_eaC8JBaLmG7p0TljQ-FlF2jkug&sig2=Q3k4vV2zF33ya3-gyV1jtg&bvm=bv.71198958,d.aWw&cad=rja

My next smoker is going to be electric. Until then, one has to manage your charcoal grill.
I put these accessory temp gauges on to keep both sides balanced as best as possible.
I have baffles on the inside, and about 10 briquettes on the far left. Using chunks of cherry wood tray for smoke.
I have St Louis Style ribs today.

Shiloh

Shiloh
07-17-2014, 08:21 AM
I have an angle-adjustable dryer vent stuffed in there. Couldn't get 3" dryer hose over the flange, and 4" is just to big. Your're right. Seems to have helped.

Shiloh