PDA

View Full Version : Pay Attention

fastfire
07-11-2014, 01:18 PM
I was going to post in the PIT (other topics) but some do not visit there.

Watch... as a Hong Kong movie theatre asks its patrons to leave their mobile phones switched 'on' during the movie. Congrats to VW for this creative, effective object lesson!! There were more that 1.5 millions views in the first 3 days!!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JHixeIr_6BM?rel=0&autoplay=1&iv_load_policy=3  

Beagle333
07-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Very effective!

Gar
07-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Excellent !

gunshot98
07-11-2014, 02:51 PM
WOW!!!!!!! Effective.

dakotashooter2
07-11-2014, 02:59 PM
That is brilliant..........

MaryB
07-12-2014, 12:48 AM
That works! Kid I broadsided at 40mph was texting his GF when he did a slow and go at the stop sign. Hope he learned a lesson from it

Bzcraig
07-12-2014, 12:56 AM
Absolutely brilliant! That is more a PSA (public service announcement) than commercial and should be aired as such.

DeputyDog25
07-12-2014, 01:33 AM
We need that over here for our people to see, that was absolutely spot on. Bravo

MrWolf
07-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Very impressive way to show what happens when you are distracted.

gray wolf
07-12-2014, 09:47 AM
I guess I have to live without this bit of news.

Freightman
07-12-2014, 10:11 AM
reaching for that cup of coffee, sandwich, cigarette, tending the kids, ect. any distraction at 75 is not good.

MBTcustom
07-12-2014, 10:19 AM
I guess I have to live without this bit of news.

gray wolf, what happened is:
a whole crowd of people go into a movie theater to watch a show.
They sit down with their popcorn and drinks and the previews start rolling.
The screen shows a person (first person view) get into a nice car, start the engine, turn on the radio, and begin a nice country drive at a pretty fast speed down a deserted road with trees on either side. It's a nice sunny summer day.
The show continues for several seconds and people begin to get bored and to look down and such.
Meanwhile a person in the sound booth presses a button on a computer screen, and everyone's phone begin's to ring.
Naturally, people look at their phone's to see who's calling.
Sceeeeeeeeeeech Booooom!
Everyone looks up and sees that the car is wrecked, there is airbag dust floating in the air, and the windshield is broken out.
The silence is deafening. You can hear a pin drop as everyone is trying to process WTHeck just happened.
The screen fades away to a warning that cell phone use is the leading cause of death while driving. A reminder to keep your eyes on the road.
Then the "Volkswagen" symbol and "Das Auto"

A very effective video presentation IMHO

mold maker
07-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Should be forcibly shown on all cell phones and I pads. Excellent !!!!!

waynem34
07-12-2014, 02:18 PM
It would'nt do any good, people are tide to that damn phone ,morning, noon, and night.Texting is the worst.Should be like a DWI.I hope we can change this. I dont like losing rights to do what I like, when I feel like it,But damn a drunk is usally watching the road he just cant react fast enough.Its a shame we have ,this, along with everything else to deal with.Maybe a disable app would work if the phone is moving then no texting.

MaryB
07-13-2014, 12:36 AM
Texting while driving is illegal in MN

osteodoc08
07-13-2014, 01:02 AM
Texting while driving is illegal in MN

GA too but unsure how they prosecute/determine if this were the cause for unsafe siring and a regular traffic stop. Post mortem they can pull records, but on the fly, got pulled over, IDK.

Another er good one was one from NZ about speed and accidents as a public service announcement. Guy looks, doesn't see car and pulls out to see car last minute. Everything freezes. Two drivers get out and the one is pleading to other driver to not get hit. Kids in the car. Other driver apologizes and says there's nothing he can do. He was going too fast. They get in cars and bam. I'll see if I can find it.

osteodoc08
07-13-2014, 01:06 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bvLaTupw-hk

Another one that makes you go hmm. This one made me tear up a little as I could only imagine being in that father's shoes being a parent myself.