PDA

View Full Version : 6.8mm SPC barrel reattached, found the MicroSight....

ohland
07-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Won more than I lost today (not sure what happened). While choosing the boolits to be cast, I chose the 285448 and 200gr 358430 (just a few). I then checked to see if all my molds were in the MTM ammo cans, checked the plastic mold boxes... same box with a TC-FP was the MicroSight... Get the 'tater salad, we is going to church!

Diddled around, stuck on the 6.8 SPC barrel. Got an old-school 3-9x scope identified, not sure if the adjustments are a handful of twisted metal, or if it will adjust. Snuffling about for some rings.

All the 6.8 SPC SSA small primer brass is somewhere... Snap, difficult to load cases I don't have... Got @ 20 280468 S boolits to lube....

BUT... FedEx delivered on time again, and the 32-40 project will continue. Gas checks came in as well.

ohland
07-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Old man called in from the road and he remembered where he put the SPC brass. It is so new and shiny.... Now to figure out some Unique loads for the 280468 S boolits that I sized to .278 this morning.

Note to all, a loob heater is sorta like atomic energy, it can be used for good or evil. Left it on a bit too long, and I had loob balling up under the gas check. Let it cool, and the boolits snapped out of the H&I with fairly clean bases. I want to cast again if it don't rain, and do up more 280468, the bases were so nice....

:2 drunk buddies: