PDA

View Full Version : Crosman 2240

plmitch
07-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Anyone here have any experience with the Crosman 2240? Are they worth the money?

GARD72977
07-09-2014, 03:53 PM
I have buddy that I shoot with and he loves them. I would get one for the custom shop.

dtknowles
07-09-2014, 04:41 PM
I got one 10 years ago, I think it is great. Mine is a carbine with a cheap .22 scope on it. It is not a target rifle but for the price it is a bargain and shoots pretty good. If I did not already have this one I would buy one today. I would like it to have a suppressor, that would be extra cool.

Tim

Tracy
07-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Absolutely. The 2240 is the best deal you will ever find if you just want a good co2 pellet pistol and do not plan to modify it. Made in USA and works great.
If you have plans to modify it (add carbine stock, steel breech, longer barrel etc.) then I highly recommend that you check out the Crosman custom shop. You can do a virtual build on the website, then add your build to the cart, pay for it and wait for the Brown Truck of Happiness to deliver it. The 2300 and 2400 Custom Shop guns are the same thing as a 2240 with factory upgrade parts, but much cheaper than buying the parts separately.

plmitch
08-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Well I picked up one last weekend and I've got to say its a great little shooter. Well balanced and smooth to use. Seem well worth thd price spent.

tnpaw
08-10-2014, 09:26 PM
The wife and I have three! Two from Custom Shop! And one I got for Christmas two years ago! Lot of Mods to that one! All three very accurate! Lots of fun shooting paint balls off of golf tee's at 25-30 yards! Did I say we like to bounce small cans and see how far away we can get them before we run out of air! I have several tins of H&N pellets! But mine will shoot the Cheap Daisy pellets just fine out to 40-45 yards to hit swing targets and cans! Only draw back to the Daisy's is they are dirty as **** and have to clean barrel more often! No problem, when accuracy drops off I just pull a couples of patches thru and go back to shooting! If real serious, the H&N come out and the game is on! Did I say I like my Crosman's , in 2240,2400KT,1377,&1322! They all shoot good! My RWS's hardly come out the safe anymore! Sorry to be so long winded!...paw

plmitch
08-20-2014, 10:55 PM
I've noticed that the cheaper priced pellets work best in this pistol. Daisy pointed. Great little shooter. Goes through co2 quick.

troyboy
08-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Great kit gun. I got one just because of this. The mods available are only limited by your abilities or pocket book.

second chance
09-19-2014, 09:55 AM
2240's are the 10/22's of the airgun world! Vast aftermarket parts and modifications are available, and cheap!

Newtire
11-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Well I picked up one last weekend and I've got to say its a great little shooter. Well balanced and smooth to use. Seem well worth thd price spent.
Hi plmitch.

Hope things are going OK with you down there in the Bay Area. Just bought one of those at Walmart online (their prices are lots cheaper online than in the stores and you can have them deliver to the stores free. I know they have a big store just after the Dixon Landing exit heading South towards San Jose. They have a number of Wally World's up here in the Boise area too. I bought one of those and am tricking it out for a gun the wife can learn to shoot with. At this time, I have a steel breech kit coming in and have made the adjustable hammer spring mod that the guy shows on Youtube. I sent for a longer barrel and will send out the valve to have it modified. Real fun projects. This all started up again with a $2.00 yardsale 1377C and I'm spending alot more than that to get this thing up to par. I modified the valve and pump rod piston spacing so that it seems to pump more air per stroke and hold more. the chrony will tell. These things are addicting.

Newtire
11-21-2014, 07:57 PM
I finally got my $2 pistol shooting. It took a few more parts than I thought but I saved some on modifying the valve myself. I was thinking that when I get rich and famous, I will get a lathe to do stuff like this on but for now, my Dremel will have to do. This pumper pistol is the Crosman 1377.

With the modified valve and shimming behind the piston so it fits around the valve better resulted in being able to shoot thru both sides of a steel peach can (gives me a good excuse to buy more peaches right...). There's hardly anything left of the pellet-a regular lead Crosman domed pellet.

The 2240 goes thru one side of the can with the pellets with a bb imbedded into the front part (made by Gamo) and all I did to it was put a longer barrel on it and made a hammer spring adjuster for it. I've been reading alot lately on these things and it's a pretty absorbing topic. So, one of the guys in our coffee group is forcing me into buying a shoulder stock for another $24 and I'm going to try my luck with modifying the valve on this one also.

This is something my better half said she would like to shoot, so camping trips/outings will be more fun from now on I'm thinking. A nice way to introduce her into the world of shooting.