PDA

View Full Version : Clarification please. Castboolits........

WILCO
07-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Has been sold? True or false?

waksupi
07-08-2014, 11:43 PM
No.....

MT Gianni
07-09-2014, 12:09 AM
No, 45Nut, Ken asked for the new owner to take over with no change of money or favors. No1 did not seek out or initiate this in any way. however Ken is no longer the owner.

9w1911
07-09-2014, 12:20 AM
I dont even see why its relevant anyway, a man can choose to do what he pleases with his business.

jmort
07-09-2014, 12:45 AM
I think an announcement would have been in order. Many of us who support this site would have liked to have known about the change in real time, but it was no secret. If nothing else, a thank you to Ken and a welcome mat for No. 1. As to the terms of the deal that is not my/our business.

Sweetpea
07-09-2014, 12:47 AM
I dont even see why its relevant anyway, a man can choose to do what he pleases with his business.

I think there has been some confusion, as there didn't seem to be any sort of announcement with information about a change...

Catshooter
07-09-2014, 01:22 AM
So this is how I find out that my bid for the site of a whole pile of live chickens is rejected? Oh man. The humanity. :)

Well congratulations No. 1. This is the best site for learning about casting. Number two is way down the ladder. Thanks Ken for keeping it this way.

Cat

xacex
07-09-2014, 01:43 AM
So this is how I find out that my bid for the site of a whole pile of live chickens is rejected? Oh man. The humanity. :)

Well congratulations No. 1. This is the best site for learning about casting. Number two is way down the ladder. Thanks Ken for keeping it this way.

Cat

I will take your chickens and up the ante 1 goat. Really,with the change at the helm I think we are still in good hands.

smokeywolf
07-09-2014, 02:27 AM
I noticed several weeks ago that 45Nut had relinquished responsibility for the site and was warned by one of the "old timers" that the new regime might have an agenda in place which included chasing the more experienced (and perhaps more crotchety) members away or off of the CB site. From an apparent lessening of posts by some of the "old guard" it seems that like most rumors, this one, although not provable beyond a shadow of a doubt, was apparently based on a grain of truth.

smokeywolf

MBTcustom
07-09-2014, 02:45 AM
I noticed several weeks ago that 45Nut had relinquished responsibility for the site and was warned by one of the "old timers" that the new regime might have an agenda in place which included chasing the more experienced (and perhaps more crotchety) members away or off of the CB site. From an apparent lessening of posts by some of the "old guard" it seems that like most rumors, this one, although not provable beyond a shadow of a doubt, was apparently based on a grain of truth.

smokeywolf

Hogwash.
If there were any apparent truth to this I would call a spade a spade, and I call hogwash.

smokeywolf
07-09-2014, 03:02 AM
Tim,
Although I have seen a noticeable decrease in posts from those I would refer to as "the old guard", I honestly hope the input I've received is wrong.

smokeywolf

searcher4851
07-09-2014, 08:45 AM
I'm not exactly "in the know" or a member of the inner circle around here, but I knew about the change in leadership a while ago. Might be because I spend a whole lot more time reading here than I do commenting, as evidenced by my low post count. The biggest change I've noticed is some of the moderators have changed, but I reckon that has happened before, and will happen again in the future, and some of the prolific posters have either moved on, gone dormant, or gone over.

45 2.1
07-09-2014, 09:19 AM

smokeywolf

Hogwash.
If there were any apparent truth to this I would call a spade a spade, and I call hogwash.

Damage control at its finest............ Really guys, goodsteel is rather a young member here with little time under his belt. He does have access to a couple of the "old guard", but he hardly speaks for the rest of us in any manner. The transition is still going on and quite a few of use are just watching to see what goes on before deciding. It certainly doesn't help when old guard members say they're leaving then have banned appear under their handle or have a lot of second guessing going on from the mods in posts...... now does it.

MBTcustom
07-09-2014, 09:51 AM
You know, if you go and look at someones posts you can really get a feel for why they are here and if they are contributing to the site.
You don't have to be a Mod to do this. Just click on their profile and you will see a tab: "find recent posts".
If you scan back through their post history, you might find that some members who used to be huge contributors have devolved into something much less.
Unfortunately, the rules are not bent for members who have been here for a long time. If your mission in life has become the desire to scrap with people in the Pit, or start fights in the main areas out of boredom, and you never seem to help anybody get on their feet casting, nor do you have the humility to listen and learn, then you might find that "all of Staff is against you" and "This place just doesn't have the same feel anymore" or you may even decide to fall on your sword in public in one last dramatic horrah.

Tell me, if this were your forum, would you have any respect for someone like that? Would their past contributions cut much ice when they act like that?
Hmmmmmm.
Cast boolits is like so many things in life, you get back what you put in. If you sow discord and hard feelings and arrogance, then you will reap the same.
If you do your best to make people welcome and teach them, then you will be welcome, and you will find things to keep your mind working and excited about this sport.

I'm sorry to see people stomp off in a huff, and I wish that wouldn't happen. However, I don't blame the site.
I can tell you that I have been in Staff under both 45Nut and NO.1 and I see no difference in how the membership is handled, except several changes to how the Pit is dealt with. If you never go in the Pit, you probably don't see much change.
However, if the "Old Guard" spent a lot of time there, they might not appreciate the subtle change in how policy is being enforced. Sorry, the Pit is the Pit and the rules are clearly spelled out in the header.

Besides, I submit to you that we are not here to talk about political and religious issues (although it is nice to vent once in a while). We are here to advance the cast boolit sport, to help new casters get going in the right direction (in spite of YouTube) and to make sure that we bring as much to the table as the previous generations did.
Are we succeeding? Not nearly as much as I would like. I don't think we will either unless we quit trying so hard to make our own voice heard, and spend more time listening to the ones teaching and learning.

dragon813gt
07-09-2014, 09:57 AM
:popcorn:
This should be fun to watch ;)

Bullshop
07-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Excuse me, I am a relative new-b here and just so that I can show the proper respect how can I identify an "OLD GUARD" ?
Is it something that is voted on by members like the golden boolit award or is it self appointed? Are there minimum requirements to make the cut like on the swapping and selling forum or is it like available to anyone ? Do you like have to have lots of money to donate or like be really smart and articulate and post on lots of topics that have nothing to do with boolits? Becoming "OLD GUARD" seems so secretive like some secret sect that has to wear a silly hat at their meetings and through process has to weed out rifraf from becoming a member. Maybe it requires a divine spiritual gift or something sacred or you can never have the stuff? I don't know or cant understand but I have noticed that sometimes I agree with folks here and sometimes I don't and I don't see any connection with how long they have been a member or how many posts they have. I have also noticed that outside of CB dealing with folks some of which I have known for a long time and some I hardly know at all that sometimes I agree with them and sometimes I don't. Aint that something now, this sight is just like real life! I can stay and argue trivialities or I can drop out any time and go shooting. If I am remotely civil I can jump back in anytime and resume pushing my view, the right one on the general populous new and old guard.
OK now that I have tapped out a few lines I have forgotten what the subject was but I guess it don't matter cuz I think about every thread I have followed has ended up the same way.
OH yea so when can I get the distinctive "old guard" platinum boolit added to my avatar?

Doc Highwall
07-09-2014, 09:59 AM
I come here to learn and hopefully teach!

MBTcustom
07-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Excuse me, I am a relative new-b here and just so that I can show the proper respect how can I identify an "OLD GUARD" ?
Is it something that is voted on by members like the golden boolit award or is it self appointed? Are there minimum requirements to make the cut like on the swapping and selling forum or is it like available to anyone ? Do you like have to have lots of money to donate or like be really smart and articulate and post on lots of topics that have nothing to do with boolits? Becoming "OLD GUARD" seems so secretive like some secret sect that has to wear a silly hat at their meetings and through process has to weed out rifraf from becoming a member. Maybe it requires a divine spiritual gift or something sacred or you can never have the stuff? I don't know or cant understand but I have noticed that sometimes I agree with folks here and sometimes I don't and I don't see any connection with how long they have been a member or how many posts they have. I have also noticed that outside of CB dealing with folks some of which I have known for a long time and some I hardly know at all that sometimes I agree with them and sometimes I don't. Aint that something now, this sight is just like real life! I can stay and argue trivialities or I can drop out any time and go shooting. If I am remotely civil I can jump back in anytime and resume pushing my view, the right one on the general populous new and old guard.
OK now that I have tapped out a few lines I have forgotten what the subject was but I guess it don't matter cuz I think about every thread I have followed has ended up the same way.
OH yea so when can I get the distinctive "old guard" platinum boolit added to my avatar?

Ive been trying to figure that out myself. Now im really worried because I rather considered you one of them (no offense).
So if you don't know, I guess I never will!
Last time I stared deeply into my groups, I found no enlightenment.

oneokie
07-09-2014, 10:21 AM
FYI,
Just because someone has been here since day 1 or before, they have lots of posts, something in their background earns themselves special treatment, they are wrong. Everyone is treated fairly as long as they adhere to the Terms of Service that everyone has to agree to when they join.

If they cannot understand that egos and attitudes should be left at the door when entering here, they really should consider finding another place to frequent.

No_1
07-09-2014, 02:10 PM
The site was turned over to me so I could continue what Ken has started. There was no announcement made because it was determined that the site was about casting boolits not about ownership. There was no money exchanged, only a promise that I would continue to run the site in the manner Ken intended and ensure I find a suitable replacement for myself when it was time for me to move on. Like owning a fine gun, I am only the current custodian of this fine place.

We still allow Ken benefit auctions and all funds will continue to go to Ken. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Robert

starmac
07-09-2014, 02:29 PM
A couple months ago when a longtime member (old guard I guess) announced he was quitting and was then banned. This was a member I liked, so I went through his last few months of posts. Out of a couple hundred posts, you could count the ones that were not in the pit on your fingers, even if you were a retired roughneck, missing a few fingers. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see what had happened.

doc1876
07-09-2014, 03:22 PM
I am very new here, I have met a few really great guys (not face to face) and I think if they were going to get rid of the "old crochity" guys, they would have never let me in in the first place, cause I am one of the meanest and grouchiest ones I know. So with that being the case, every one should be just fine.......Btw, thanks for the teachings, you guys have been great.

waksupi
07-09-2014, 03:30 PM
If some gets banned here, don't expect to see the posts that made it happen to be visible. You also never see the private messages sent to staff members, some of which are absolutely over the edge, with foaming mouth rabidity. Any one who gets booted from here has earned it!

jmort
07-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Glad thread was reopened. Transparency is a good thing

MBTcustom
07-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Just to clarify when I said this:

Unfortunately, the rules are not bent for members who have been here for a long time. If your mission in life has become the desire to scrap with people in the Pit, or start fights in the main areas out of boredom, and you never seem to help anybody get on their feet casting, nor do you have the humility to listen and learn, then you might find that "all of Staff is against you" and "This place just doesn't have the same feel anymore" or you may even decide to fall on your sword in public in one last dramatic horrah.

I was making direct quotes from members who have voiced their opinions. Its true that they said it. What they said is not true.
We do not gang up on anyone, and we are here to serve.

Also, I apologize for closing this thread. There have been so many that have turned into an epic gripe session, and the direction it has gone has nothing to do with the question the OP asked.

bangerjim
07-09-2014, 04:07 PM
I joined this fine group in April 2013. I have been "messing around" with guns and ammo for much longer than that. So I guess I am an "olde-newbee"! I do not worry about the number of posts I have......I just realized I crossed the 3K mark the other day! Most of those, I trust, were seen as providing guidance, knowledge and life experience to help others avoid the slings and arrows of our hobby.

Anyway, this is an excellent place, the best I have found, to share info, teach, AND learn. All at the convenience of your PC/iPhone/iPad. Can't beat that. I grew up in a "look it up in a book in the library" era.....the dark ages compared to today's instant access to just about any fact.

Posts..........they are just like "executive orders", so much in the news today.............it is not really the number of posts or the length of time being a member, but the content and value of those contributions in educating others out there. I have always said: "the day I quit learning is the day they nail the lid on my coffin!"

I hope to continue providing AND gaining knowledge on our craft thru conversations with others and participation in lively discussions in the forums. I am an engineer by trade..............but an educator at heart.

It is sad that some are leaving for reasons unknown and are taking volumes of know-how with them. Times change, we all change. Life is short.....suddenly you turn around........and your are not there anymore! (Charles Dickens)

Good shooting!

bangerjim

Hamish
07-09-2014, 04:26 PM
I will take your chickens and up the ante 1 goat. Really,with the change at the helm I think we are still in good hands.

Ahem,,,,,,

I will see your bid and raise you a brace of the finest long haired albino racing hamsters seen in many a year.

No_1
07-09-2014, 04:28 PM
If some gets banned here, don't expect to see the posts that made it happen to be visible. You also never see the private messages sent to staff members, some of which are absolutely over the edge, with foaming mouth rabidity. Any one who gets booted from here has earned it!

So very true.

Tar Heel
07-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Did anybody cast any bullets today? Ditch the Pit, and the other useless forums which serve no purpose. This is supposed to be a bullet casting site fellas.

Freightman
07-09-2014, 04:30 PM
I am old no doubt on that, a guard no i was a tackle, seriously though I have not posted as much as i use to as said all I have to say, run out of knowledge I guess. It still is the site I go to in fact the others are boring. I don't express my political views except at the polls, religion is a dangerous subject, more wars have started over religion than any other subject. As far as the bans I have no idea nor do I care the owner and his trusted moderators are the gate keepers, this is there rules we all agreed to and they are the enforcers of the rules, I been here awhile and have never been warned, and if I do break the rules I need to be man enough to stand the consequences. We do not live in a vacuum our actions will effect someone ether positive or negative.

Tar Heel
07-09-2014, 04:42 PM
How do I get 3 bullets next to my name? That would be too cool.

MBTcustom
07-09-2014, 04:45 PM
How do I get 3 bullets next to my name? That would be too cool.

Easy! Just make 3000 posts.
Hopefully you have something meaningful to say while you are at it, but that's how it's done.

Tar Heel
07-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Oh man....everyone is online right now. Guess I'm done for.

Tar Heel
07-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Easy! Just make 3000 posts.
Hopefully you have something meaningful to say while you are at it, but that's how it's done.

Come on...400 quality posts should count! :-)

MBTcustom
07-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Come on...400 quality posts should count! :-)

Yep. It sure does. Your almost nearly but not quite hardly halfway to your first boolit.

No_1
07-09-2014, 04:51 PM
How about some statistics?

Help http://castboolits.gunloads.com/cpstyles/vBulletin_3_Default/cp_help.gif (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/gboolitad/stats.php?do=top#)

Newest member to the forums
[Chris-MA] (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/gboolitad/user.php?do=edit&u=37047)

Record online users
1396 (02-01-2013 07:48 PM)

Top poster
[Bret4207 - 20012] (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/gboolitad/user.php?do=edit&u=154)

Most replied to thread
[Todays random facebook photo] (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?149553-Todays-random-facebook-photo)

Most viewed thread
[Sad bear story] (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?175718-Sad-bear-story)

Most popular forum
[Cast Boolits] (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Cast-Boolits)

111 New threads today.
17 New registrations.

MBTcustom
07-09-2014, 05:04 PM
How about some statistics?

Help http://castboolits.gunloads.com/cpstyles/vBulletin_3_Default/cp_help.gif (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/gboolitad/stats.php?do=top#)

Newest member to the forums
[Chris-MA] (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/gboolitad/user.php?do=edit&u=37047)

Record online users
1396 (02-01-2013 07:48 PM)

Top poster
[Bret4207 - 20012] (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/gboolitad/user.php?do=edit&u=154)

Most replied to thread
[Todays random facebook photo] (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?149553-Todays-random-facebook-photo)

Most viewed thread
[Sad bear story] (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?175718-Sad-bear-story)

Most popular forum
[Cast Boolits] (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Cast-Boolits)

111 New threads today.
17 New registrations.

Lets see, what I take from this is:
1. Welcome to Chris-MA
2. February 2013 was a busy month for castboolits.com
3. Bret reeeeeeeaaaaaaly liked the pit.
4. Woodnimphs rock.
5. Poor bear.
6. Cast boolits forum is awesome.

aspangler
07-09-2014, 05:14 PM
This is a little off topic but since NO.1 is watching this thread, here goes. A good friend of mine, an old school gunsmith and reloader and cast shooter joined this site a while back. The other night he tried to post something and it said that he was not allowed to post. He is registered and can log in but can only read and not post. Any ideas? If you need his login name it is j.pat. Sorry for the off topic. Great site and great people.

oneokie
07-09-2014, 05:24 PM
This is a little off topic but since NO.1 is watching this thread, here goes. A good friend of mine, an old school gunsmith and reloader and cast shooter joined this site a while back. The other night he tried to post something and it said that he was not allowed to post. He is registered and can log in but can only read and not post. Any ideas? If you need his login name it is j.pat. Sorry for the off topic. Great site and great people.

He needs to check his email spam folder for an email from Castboolits and respond.

smokeywolf
07-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Just back here from post #11.

There is a definite change in the forum and time will tell if it is for the better.

One thing that I would not want to see is goodsteel's word to be doubted nor his good intentions questioned. Tim has high ideals and a reputation and history that speaks volumes for his good character.

smokeywolf

Alvarez Kelly
07-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Just back here from post #11.

There is a definite change in the forum and time will tell if it is for the better.

One thing that I would not want to see is goodsteel's word to be doubted nor his good intentions questioned. Tim has high ideals and a reputation and history that speaks volumes for his good character.

smokeywolf

THIS is gospel. Thanks Tim.

Boyscout
07-09-2014, 05:53 PM
I've been pretty passionate a time or two in the pit but started backing off only because I believe We the People are being seriously and intentionally overwhelmed to the point of burning out and giving up. I have taken the bait too many times. It is probably best to chose my battles more wisely and speak only when I have something I feel is important. I have to remind myself that Everyone is entitled to an educated opinion.When I respond to a Cast Bullet post, it seems it is just a question or "that has been my experience too" kind of response. My experience on Facebook has shown that most are just in it to share pictures and inane feel good quotes. I have been the near victim of a couple of viral assasinations by aquaintances who are on the progressive side of the fence and didn't care much for it.

No_1
07-09-2014, 06:00 PM

If he cannot get in using Nolan's suggestion please PM me a contact phone number for your friend and I will fix him right up.

Rattlesnake Charlie
07-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Castboolits is still the best site I've found on the art and science of boolit casting.

fatelk
07-09-2014, 09:14 PM
It is sad that some are leaving for reasons unknown and are taking volumes of know-how with them. Times change, we all change. Life is short.....suddenly you turn around........and your are not there anymore!

I agree. Things change, people come and go, life goes on. Forums change too, as they grow and mature. I expect it would not be easy to have been here from the beginning to start something special, and have it change over time as it grows. I expect there would be a sense that something was lost. Not that it's not still special, and good, but I'm sure it's quite different.

Sometimes people leave because their lives change. I don't have near as much time for guns and reloading as I used to; different time of life, different responsibilities. I may not shoot for months at a time. I always get a kick out of the threads where folks compare and calculate if they have a big enough lead stash to last the rest of their lives, by calculating how many rounds they expect to shoot per week multiplied by their estimated life expectancy. There's no way I could calculate that because I might go years without shooting, or might go to the range all the time as my kids get older. Who Knows?

As for the pit; I don't know why some folks gripe about it and want it gone so much. Then again I don't go there but every once in a great while, so it really doesn't bother me. I kind of like that there is a place for that kind of stuff. Like the disclaimer says...

bangerjim
07-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Did anybody cast any bullets today? Ditch the Pit, and the other useless forums which serve no purpose. This is supposed to be a bullet casting site fellas.

YES!!!!!!!!!! Dropped 400 .357 NLG boolits and PC'd them, then sized to .358 for my 38SPL loading. And that was in 99 degree with 60 degree DP! The evap in front of my shop still works!

Now time to do some plinkin'............!

banger

Beagle333
07-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Did you ASBBDT em, Banger? Or ESPC?

gray wolf
07-09-2014, 10:33 PM
I have just about let the pit go to the way side, It can be a trap of sorts. In that I mean if you have a certain personality eventually it will get you in an augment, and many times one that you didn't really need.

As for news ? I am way on top of what is going on in our world, and trust me the pit will not serve as a whats up/ whats going on right now. I have seen many post that folks have made only to have them shouted down by the I can yell louder than you crowd. Who needs it ? I don't, fact is when I did venture there all it did was take time away from what our forum is all about.

The forum as I see it has gotten back to some resemblance of what it was in a short time since the last blow.
Lets hope it continues, I believe it will. But it only will if everyone helps.
I think #1 has made some necessary changes in areas that needed a little change, I could be wrong, I hope I am correct.

Sam

WILCO
07-09-2014, 11:59 PM
Ditch the Pit, and the other useless forums which serve no purpose.

What is useless to you, is of great value to others. The pit is not the issue here, lack of self moderation is.

WILCO
07-10-2014, 12:00 AM
The site was turned over to me so I could continue what Ken has started. There was no announcement made because it was determined that the site was about casting boolits not about ownership. There was no money exchanged, only a promise that I would continue to run the site in the manner Ken intended and ensure I find a suitable replacement for myself when it was time for me to move on. Like owning a fine gun, I am only the current custodian of this fine place.

We still allow Ken benefit auctions and all funds will continue to go to Ken. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Robert

Thanks for the information Robert. Best wishes to Ken.

MaryB
07-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Didn't cast any today but I sent 100 down range... (all my wrist would handle)

bangerjim
07-10-2014, 12:34 AM
Did you ASBBDT em, Banger? Or ESPC?

This batch.......I DT'd 'em in blue I got from Smoke. Worked great! Used those small Zip-Lok round screw-on lid containers....about 70 at a time with black BB's....and they turned out very good. That powder sticks to EVERYTHING!

Next I am going to try mixing it with HF red, yellow and white to get some different "speckled" colors. Found DT only separates the powder and coats the boolits blue and leaves the other powders behind!!!!!! ESPC will spray mixed powders....even matte black mixes. Done it B4 with great success.

banger

Buckshot
07-10-2014, 05:58 AM
...............I read the first page of all this stuff and then just went to the last page, scrolled down and will make this post which I hope is understandable. It really does not matter WHO owns the board because the OWNER is not getting paid to own it. Ken laid down his responsibility for it because he's not been a part of it for quite some time due to physical issues. Neither have I for that matter.

I'm really a nobody so far as the board is concerned. Neither are any of the other moderators. Not one of the Mods gets a dime for what they do, and I can tell you I stand in awe for what these guys do, and the amount of time they spend signed in here to do it.

In the early days of the board I worked at a job where I worked from 1800 to 0600 by myself and spent a considerable amount of time here. Mainly I made posts for no other reason then to give other folks something to post TO. I was simply generating BS to increase activity, and thereby increase traffic. Not that I was disinterested in what folks had to say but activity and thereby MEMBERSHIP and posts would increase. All we at the time, just like right now wanted was to create a place where people who were interested in cast lead would find a happy home. Before I was laid off of my job in Dec of 2007 I had 8,000 posts :-)

I think we succeeded quite well. I have no issues with the Cast Bullet Association, and I am a member to this day and get their magazine, but it was only a couple years and we had exceeded their membership by a huge amount. Many of the people here post on their website and are also members, but I do believe that something rather unique was created here. Part of that had to do with the old "Shooters.com" board. Before it disappeared, for quite some time it was closed to new members as the folks who owned it were no longer supporting it. In essence we were simply talking to ourselves.

There is a saying and I heard of it first having to do with churches. We all like to have our comfy little group but it is a simple fact that if you are not growing, you're dying. We were dying at Shooters.com and the best thing they ever did was to simply make the board disappear. We all scattered like a covey of quail but after a bit Ken created a board supported by AIMOO. They went by the wayside as being unresponsive to our growth, and cared less about issues we had, so Ken hooked up with Willy and Cast Boolits became a part of Gunboards.com.

From that point it has become history and is what we all enjoy now. I do kind of feel like a papa but there is no one here who is more important then the newest member that's wanting to know, "All about cast lead". I know that it might be kind of irksome when someone wanting to know something asks the basics, and we have eleventy thousand 'stickies' all over the board that will answer their question. Yet it is kind of hurtfull to me (and maybe others) when I see someone simply say, "Read the stickies", like
you're a dumb SOB for not doing that on your own.

I'm reminded a bit of the early days of this board when I was more active as a mod that I'd get a complaint from a newer member about how he'd made a post, but after a couple replies everyone would be talking about some old Case tractor their grand dad had! :-) I'd have to explain that it wasn't personal, but that these guys have been together a long time, and have KNOWN each other for years, and that drifting off topic was no big deal and to not take it personal.

It is still that kind of place, and I'm very thankful that it is. However we, ALL OF US have to be mindfull of each other and how our posts come across to each other. Some of you have been moderators here at some time, or on other boards. It is an absolutely THANKLESS job. There is NO ONE here who is paid a freaking penny for spending HOURS fielding PM'S or e-mails. I no longer have a job where I'm paid for 12 hours to do nothing except fool around on the web. People have lamented about where the "Old hands have gone". Things change. Life changes and LIVES change. I no longer spend hours on the board. It sure doesn't mean I don't care about it. Folks have mentioned older members they don't see any more. It's pretty much that interests have changed, life has changed, or people simply don't have the old 'Burn' they once did. It's not that they don't care. I have a 4 year old grand daughter that we have every Sunday. I have a business that consumes a considerable amount of my time making stuff for other people let alone things I'd like to make for myself.

The fact remains that this board continues to grow. You old timers need to pick up the slack and continue to make this place a board we can all be proud of. I for one wish there was no 'Pit'. It is simply a time eater for the moderators here. The amount of JUNK that gets reported into Staff is simply mind boggling, and I take my hat off to the moderators here who deal with that nonsense. You might not like it but if it were up to me I'd do away with it. It serves no real purpose other then to create problems. The board was created to deal with the science and theory of shooting the cast lead slug, and no other reason. Everything else is simply a waste of time so far as I'm concerned.

I'd enjoy the board for what it is, and contribute what you feel is worthwhile. If you have a problem with someone, put them on your 'Ignore list' and keep on keeping on. Remember that the printed word (or what is on your computer screen) is but a sad substitute for talking to someone face to face. If some post rubs you the wrong way remember you get no voice inflection, no body language, no visual input at all as to it's intent. Give the poster the benefit of the doubt, and if you're posting a reply remember it works both ways. Make the effort to be courteous and cut the person a bit of slack. In all respects, be the bigger person as there is no prize given for putting someone else down, and your actions and attitude may just cause you to be the looser in the end.

..............Buckshot

Tar Heel
07-10-2014, 08:57 AM
What is useless to you, is of great value to others. The pit is not the issue here, lack of self moderation is.

There are other venues for mindless drivel and diarrhea mouth. Facebook is a good one. Let's use our space here for casting subject matter and not bog down the server with adjunct topics that have no relationship to the stated purpose of the forum.

Tar Heel
07-10-2014, 08:59 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!! Dropped 400 .357 NLG boolits and PC'd them, then sized to .358 for my 38SPL loading. And that was in 99 degree with 60 degree DP! The evap in front of my shop still works!

Now time to do some plinkin'............!

banger

YEA!!!! A bullet caster! I dropped about 500 RB's each for the 44's and the 36's.

Tar Heel
07-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Didn't cast any today but I sent 100 down range... (all my wrist would handle)

Casting in this heat is an adventure! Even time at the range is well thought out huh? Early morning and late afternoons work best but the thunderstorms move in during the afternoon.

Tar Heel
07-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Castboolits is still the best site I've found on the art and science of boolit casting.

Add magic to the mix and you have bullet casters! Art - Science - Magic

WILCO
07-10-2014, 09:05 AM
There are other venues for mindless drivel and diarrhea mouth. Facebook is a good one. Let's use our space here for casting subject matter and not bog down the server with adjunct topics that have no relationship to the stated purpose of the forum.

Pb2au
07-10-2014, 09:07 AM
Excellent post Buckshot.
Thank you very much for your contribution, as well as all of the others. I really do appreciate it sir.

Tar Heel
07-10-2014, 09:10 AM

Tar Heel
07-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Hey...I'm up to 450 posts now. That's fifty shy of halfway to my first bullet chevron!

oneokie
07-10-2014, 09:13 AM

Another FYI;

If you do not care for the pit, and can't ignore it, send me a PM stating such and settings can be changed to where you will not be able to access it.

Tar Heel
07-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Another FYI;

If you do not care for the pit, and can't ignore it, send me a PM stating such and settings can be changed to where you will not be able to access it.

Now there is a suggestion! Can you allow users to choose their forums of choice and not show the others? All I want to see are new & unread posts related to casting, loading, and shooting when I log on.

Freightman
07-10-2014, 09:19 AM
...............i read the first page of all this stuff and then just went to the last page, scrolled down and will make this post which i hope is understandable. It really does not matter who owns the board because the owner is not getting paid to own it. Ken laid down his responsibility for it because he's not been a part of it for quite some time due to physical issues. Neither have i for that matter.

I'm really a nobody so far as the board is concerned. Neither are any of the other moderators. Not one of the mods gets a dime for what they do, and i can tell you i stand in awe for what these guys do, and the amount of time they spend signed in here to do it.

In the early days of the board i worked at a job where i worked from 1800 to 0600 by myself and spent a considerable amount of time here. Mainly i made posts for no other reason then to give other folks something to post to. I was simply generating bs to increase activity, and thereby increase traffic. Not that i was disinterested in what folks had to say but activity and thereby membership and posts would increase. All we at the time, just like right now wanted was to create a place where people who were interested in cast lead would find a happy home. Before i was laid off of my job in dec of 2007 i had 8,000 posts :-)

i think we succeeded quite well. I have no issues with the cast bullet association, and i am a member to this day and get their magazine, but it was only a couple years and we had exceeded their membership by a huge amount. Many of the people here post on their website and are also members, but i do believe that something rather unique was created here. Part of that had to do with the old "shooters.com" board. Before it disappeared, for quite some time it was closed to new members as the folks who owned it were no longer supporting it. In essence we were simply talking to ourselves.

There is a saying and i heard of it first having to do with churches. We all like to have our comfy little group but it is a simple fact that if you are not growing, you're dying. We were dying at shooters.com and the best thing they ever did was to simply make the board disappear. We all scattered like a covey of quail but after a bit ken created a board supported by aimoo. They went by the wayside as being unresponsive to our growth, and cared less about issues we had, so ken hooked up with willy and cast boolits became a part of gunboards.com.

From that point it has become history and is what we all enjoy now. I do kind of feel like a papa but there is no one here who is more important then the newest member that's wanting to know, "all about cast lead". I know that it might be kind of irksome when someone wanting to know something asks the basics, and we have eleventy thousand 'stickies' all over the board that will answer their question. Yet it is kind of hurtfull to me (and maybe others) when i see someone simply say, "read the stickies", like
you're a dumb sob for not doing that on your own.

I'm reminded a bit of the early days of this board when i was more active as a mod that i'd get a complaint from a newer member about how he'd made a post, but after a couple replies everyone would be talking about some old case tractor their grand dad had! :-) i'd have to explain that it wasn't personal, but that these guys have been together a long time, and have known each other for years, and that drifting off topic was no big deal and to not take it personal.

It is still that kind of place, and i'm very thankful that it is. However we, all of us have to be mindfull of each other and how our posts come across to each other. Some of you have been moderators here at some time, or on other boards. It is an absolutely thankless job. There is no one here who is paid a freaking penny for spending hours fielding pm's or e-mails. I no longer have a job where i'm paid for 12 hours to do nothing except fool around on the web. People have lamented about where the "old hands have gone". Things change. Life changes and lives change. I no longer spend hours on the board. It sure doesn't mean i don't care about it. Folks have mentioned older members they don't see any more. It's pretty much that interests have changed, life has changed, or people simply don't have the old 'burn' they once did. It's not that they don't care. I have a 4 year old grand daughter that we have every sunday. I have a business that consumes a considerable amount of my time making stuff for other people let alone things i'd like to make for myself.

The fact remains that this board continues to grow. You old timers need to pick up the slack and continue to make this place a board we can all be proud of. I for one wish there was no 'pit'. It is simply a time eater for the moderators here. The amount of junk that gets reported into staff is simply mind boggling, and i take my hat off to the moderators here who deal with that nonsense. You might not like it but if it were up to me i'd do away with it. It serves no real purpose other then to create problems. The board was created to deal with the science and theory of shooting the cast lead slug, and no other reason. Everything else is simply a waste of time so far as i'm concerned.

I'd enjoy the board for what it is, and contribute what you feel is worthwhile. If you have a problem with someone, put them on your 'ignore list' and keep on keeping on. Remember that the printed word (or what is on your computer screen) is but a sad substitute for talking to someone face to face. If some post rubs you the wrong way remember you get no voice inflection, no body language, no visual input at all as to it's intent. Give the poster the benefit of the doubt, and if you're posting a reply remember it works both ways. Make the effort to be courteous and cut the person a bit of slack. In all respects, be the bigger person as there is no prize given for putting someone else down, and your actions and attitude may just cause you to be the looser in the end.

..............buckshot
amen!

Moonie
07-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Hey...I'm up to 450 posts now. That's fifty shy of halfway to my first bullet chevron!

It really seems to happen all of a sudden, this is my 3001'th post, seems like I just arrived here.

I love this forum, haven't been a member as long as some, and I may not have contributed as much as others, but this place feels like home to me.

I do visit the pit on occasion however it is just for the jokes, oh, and the random facebook photo :)

WILCO
07-10-2014, 09:21 AM

Congrats! See, I just padded my post count! It really is that easy. [smilie=s:

WILCO
07-10-2014, 09:23 AM
I love this forum, haven't been a member as long as some..........

In a few months, it'll be seven years for me. [smilie=p:

sbowers
07-10-2014, 09:24 AM
...............I read the first page of all this stuff and then just went to the last page, scrolled down and will make this post which I hope is understandable. It really does not matter WHO owns the board because the OWNER is not getting paid to own it. Ken laid down his responsibility for it because he's not been a part of it for quite some time due to physical issues. Neither have I for that matter.

I'm really a nobody so far as the board is concerned. Neither are any of the other moderators. Not one of the Mods gets a dime for what they do, and I can tell you I stand in awe for what these guys do, and the amount of time they spend signed in here to do it.

In the early days of the board I worked at a job where I worked from 1800 to 0600 by myself and spent a considerable amount of time here. Mainly I made posts for no other reason then to give other folks something to post TO. I was simply generating BS to increase activity, and thereby increase traffic. Not that I was disinterested in what folks had to say but activity and thereby MEMBERSHIP and posts would increase. All we at the time, just like right now wanted was to create a place where people who were interested in cast lead would find a happy home. Before I was laid off of my job in Dec of 2007 I had 8,000 posts :-)

I think we succeeded quite well. I have no issues with the Cast Bullet Association, and I am a member to this day and get their magazine, but it was only a couple years and we had exceeded their membership by a huge amount. Many of the people here post on their website and are also members, but I do believe that something rather unique was created here. Part of that had to do with the old "Shooters.com" board. Before it disappeared, for quite some time it was closed to new members as the folks who owned it were no longer supporting it. In essence we were simply talking to ourselves.

There is a saying and I heard of it first having to do with churches. We all like to have our comfy little group but it is a simple fact that if you are not growing, you're dying. We were dying at Shooters.com and the best thing they ever did was to simply make the board disappear. We all scattered like a covey of quail but after a bit Ken created a board supported by AIMOO. They went by the wayside as being unresponsive to our growth, and cared less about issues we had, so Ken hooked up with Willy and Cast Boolits became a part of Gunboards.com.

From that point it has become history and is what we all enjoy now. I do kind of feel like a papa but there is no one here who is more important then the newest member that's wanting to know, "All about cast lead". I know that it might be kind of irksome when someone wanting to know something asks the basics, and we have eleventy thousand 'stickies' all over the board that will answer their question. Yet it is kind of hurtfull to me (and maybe others) when I see someone simply say, "Read the stickies", like

I'm reminded a bit of the early days of this board when I was more active as a mod that I'd get a complaint from a newer member about how he'd made a post, but after a couple replies everyone would be talking about some old Case tractor their grand dad had! :-) I'd have to explain that it wasn't personal, but that these guys have been together a long time, and have KNOWN each other for years, and that drifting off topic was no big deal and to not take it personal.

It is still that kind of place, and I'm very thankful that it is. However we, ALL OF US have to be mindfull of each other and how our posts come across to each other. Some of you have been moderators here at some time, or on other boards. It is an absolutely THANKLESS job. There is NO ONE here who is paid a freaking penny for spending HOURS fielding PM'S or e-mails. I no longer have a job where I'm paid for 12 hours to do nothing except fool around on the web. People have lamented about where the "Old hands have gone". Things change. Life changes and LIVES change. I no longer spend hours on the board. It sure doesn't mean I don't care about it. Folks have mentioned older members they don't see any more. It's pretty much that interests have changed, life has changed, or people simply don't have the old 'Burn' they once did. It's not that they don't care. I have a 4 year old grand daughter that we have every Sunday. I have a business that consumes a considerable amount of my time making stuff for other people let alone things I'd like to make for myself.

The fact remains that this board continues to grow. You old timers need to pick up the slack and continue to make this place a board we can all be proud of. I for one wish there was no 'Pit'. It is simply a time eater for the moderators here. The amount of JUNK that gets reported into Staff is simply mind boggling, and I take my hat off to the moderators here who deal with that nonsense. You might not like it but if it were up to me I'd do away with it. It serves no real purpose other then to create problems. The board was created to deal with the science and theory of shooting the cast lead slug, and no other reason. Everything else is simply a waste of time so far as I'm concerned.

I'd enjoy the board for what it is, and contribute what you feel is worthwhile. If you have a problem with someone, put them on your 'Ignore list' and keep on keeping on. Remember that the printed word (or what is on your computer screen) is but a sad substitute for talking to someone face to face. If some post rubs you the wrong way remember you get no voice inflection, no body language, no visual input at all as to it's intent. Give the poster the benefit of the doubt, and if you're posting a reply remember it works both ways. Make the effort to be courteous and cut the person a bit of slack. In all respects, be the bigger person as there is no prize given for putting someone else down, and your actions and attitude may just cause you to be the looser in the end.

..............Buckshot

This about as good as it gets when it comes to explaining what and how a forum should work and I think everyone should take the time to read this post and absorb the knowledge that this man has imparted. Great post "BUCKSHOT".
Steve

shredder
07-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Buckshot, you really pulled the curtains back for me. I sure enjoy your point of view on these things. I guess it just comes down to how much we all want to share and be a part of it. For me I hope the spirit of learning and sharing in a civil respectful manner never goes away. With good folk like you around it seems like we are in very good shape!

Tar Heel
07-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Congrats! See, I just padded my post count! It really is that easy. [smilie=s::drinks:

Tar Heel
07-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Another FYI;

Thanks for the suggestion. After a review of available forums & sub forums will you please remove me from:

* General

- Our Town (Remove)
- Outdoorsman (Remove)

* Group Buys (Remove)

* Buying Selling Trading
- Team Bullets Swap & Sell (Remove)
- Benefits (Remove)
- Pay Forward (Remove)

* The Pit (Remove)

As you can see, I do everything above board. I do not see the need for a PM. Hopefully this will help remove all the unwanted posts from my "unread posts" list at login.

oneokie
07-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. After a review of available forums & sub forums will you please remove me from:

* General
- Our Town (Remove)
- Outdoorsman (Remove)

* Group Buys (Remove)

* Buying Selling Trading
- Team Bullets Swap & Sell (Remove)
- Benefits (Remove)
- Pay Forward (Remove)

* The Pit (Remove)

As you can see, I do everything above board. I do not see the need for a PM. Hopefully this will help remove all the unwanted posts from my "unread posts" list at login.

Please check to see if I got everything to your satisfaction.

searcher4851
07-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Interesting that he reads about the possibility, posts several posts on this thread, and yet wants it to be removed from his view.
No judgment, I just thought it was interesting.

The real reason for my post is to thank Buckshot for the history lesson about my favorite site. Thank you sir.
I'd also like to thank Robert for introducing himself to us. Thank you sir.

fryboy
07-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Interesting that he reads about the possibility, posts several posts on this thread, and yet wants it to be removed from his view.
No judgment, I just thought it was interesting.

The real reason for my post is to thank Buckshot for the history lesson about my favorite site. Thank you sir.

i have to admit it made me wonder if he could even see the reply :bigsmyl2:

jmort
07-10-2014, 10:56 AM
Never understood how a member could be unable to avoid threads, posts, forums, and other members that somehow disturb or annoy. It is nice that a moderator is willing to block unwanted content for those who are in need of such attention. Fortunately, I was gifted by my Maker with the ability to ignore/avoid threads/posts/members on as need basis. As for The Pit, it is so popular for a reason, firearms, and most everything in life have been politicized. Again, I will never understand how a member could simply not go there, and ignore it entirely, and then feel compelled to cry and whine about its existence.

No_1
07-10-2014, 11:04 AM

Your welcome. I have been here some time but like others I don't post much.

youngmman
07-10-2014, 11:28 AM
I haven't been here nearly as long as some but have been casting since the mid-eighties and loading since the late 60's. I haven't posted much but hopefully when I have they have been useful. I know that most of the posts I read from others broadened my depth of knowledge, so thanks to all for that.

M-Tecs
07-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Never understood how a member could be unable to avoid threads, posts, forums, and other members that somehow disturb or annoy. It is nice that a moderator is willing to block unwanted content for those who are in need of such attention. Fortunately, I was gifted by my Maker with the ability to ignore/avoid threads/posts/members on as need basis. As for The Pit, it is so popular for a reason, firearms, and most everything in life have been politicized. Again, I will never understand how a member could simply not go there, and ignore it entirely, and then feel compelled to cry and whine about its existence.

Very well stated Sir!!!!!!!!!!!

gray wolf
07-10-2014, 12:13 PM
You can remove me from pit access also, Not because of an inability to choose for myself, or crying, or wining, or being cut short by my creator or any other reason that may come to mind . But simply as a statement.

Rattlesnake Charlie
07-10-2014, 12:23 PM
I enjoy the freedom to select any forum I wish to visit. There are many that I do not visit, just because of my interests.

Freedom. I like it. And, I like this site. Sometimes I see uncivil and nonconstructive comments, and sometimes even flaming. I like having the choice to continue reading or simply exit the forum/thread. Freedom.

I think I'll go make a post about my recent test firing of some .45-70 loads.

M-Tecs
07-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Personally I believe the Pit is why the rest of the forum is as civil as it is. Most of the disturbing or annoying posts are limited to the Pit were they can be easily ignored if you so desire. Some of the other sites don't have anything like the Pit and the hate and discontent runs rampant throughout the forum.

Smoke4320
07-10-2014, 05:10 PM

Cat

so I guess my bid of 74 jars of fire ants was also rejected.. The inhumanity of it all :) :)

Will have to release them in a county commissioners lawn now

GLL
07-10-2014, 05:15 PM

If some post rubs you the wrong way remember you get no voice inflection, no body language, no visual input at all as to it's intent. Give the poster the benefit of the doubt, and if you're posting a reply remember it works both ways. Make the effort to be courteous and cut the person a bit of slack. In all respects, be the bigger person as there is no prize given for putting someone else down, and your actions and attitude may just cause you to be the looser in the end.

..............Buckshot

Words to live by !
Thank you Rick.

Jerry

OBIII
07-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Buckshot, thank you so much for the history lesson.
Jmortimer, excellent point and post.
Tar-heel, guess you won't be seeing this.
Yes, I am somewhat of a newbie, and yes, this site is about "casting boolits", and yes, I have learned a great deal from here. Hopefully I have made some contributions of my own that members found useful. This site Rocks!
As far as the Pit goes, would you rather discuss/debate an issue with someone you have knowledge of, or would you just like to jump into someone's face whom you do not know? You do NOT have to view the Pit, or Our Town, or any other topic that you are not concerned about or interested in. So why complain? Casting Boolits IS the primary thrust of this forum, so why do we allow the discussion of J-words? I would much rather give my 2 cents on an issue with people that I know, than in the midst of a group of strangers.
I guess my whole point to this is, the forum is what the Members and Mods make of it. I have been slammed a couple of times, but do not pursue the issue, as that is either their opinion or they misunderstood my post. We need to FOCUS on the sharing of knowledge, in any category, rather than finding fault and no redeeming qualities to anyone's statements. My personal peeve is people who do not vote, for whatever reason. I'm sure that all members have their own personal peeves. but as far as the forum goes, the sharing of knowledge is what it is all about. Nuff said. The majority of other posters have made comments that contribute to the to the body of information available here.

Semper Fi!

OB

bstone5
07-10-2014, 06:54 PM
I joined to read and learn more about casting bullets. Along the way I have purchased some equipment, automated a Master Caster I purchased second hand. This a good place to learn a I have got a lot of help from them members. I like this place.

i even got into powder coating cast bullets. I hope to live long enough to help others.

Elkins45
07-10-2014, 07:03 PM

I don't drink. There's a retail wine outlet just down the road from me. I have managed to drive past it almost every day for years now without going inside and looking at the wine bottles.

i didn't ask the county government to put up a wall so I can't see it as I drive by.

leeggen
07-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Several weeks ago I noticed a post that he was overwelmed with emails and he was going to take a vacation. Before that I notyiced that #1 was working on getting the sight up and running with a new server supplier. Nothing has changed as far as I can tell. I think the change in CEO has went very well. He has not tried to hide anything from us as to the problems he was haveing getting the new system back to normal. Some here even thank him for his effert. What him and 45 have as bussiness transaction is not my bussiness.
I do have one question for the people here----Wilco ask about the change in ownership, a simple question, but all of a sudden we are back to the pit! Why do we always start off with a thread and all of a sudden we are in to the pit again??? Wilco you ask a simple question and got a lot of off thread chat, not your fault it seem to just happen. Some of the members have a chat sight that is quite private and that is up to them not me to go there. If you look at some of the old threads on here you will see disagreements olso, so big deal. Even friends don't always agree.
Thank you 45 for your time and effort to the sight. Thank you #1 for your quick change in severs and the sight up and running staying on casting and shooting.
CD

oneokie
07-10-2014, 08:10 PM
More FYI;

45nut, in his infinite wisdom created the "Pit" so that there was a specific area for members to discuss Political, Religous, and Off Topic things so that they were not culttering up the Our Town forum.
His doing that relieved the Staff of the burdensome task of watching that forum like a birddog or hawk, your choice, for threads that served no useful purpose in that particular forum.

In fact, the pit requires less moderating than any other forum on this site, despite the number of threads started, and posts made there in 1 days time.

Keep in mind that we are all guests here, act accordingly.

leeggen
07-10-2014, 08:36 PM
I understand about the forming of the pit, and I am sure you moderaters are happy for the releif. I do not envy you gentleman and or ladies for your responsiblity to keep an even tempermant on here. I have noticed or a few threads that they were cleaned up, and I have also noticed that there is more talk about casting and loading and shooting of cast again. Things are looking up and more interesting on the threads.
Thanks guys!!!
I have about 200 rounds of 40S&W to shoot this week but grandkids arrived so we will shoot BB's and pellits. Just as much fun with them.(ages 4 and 5)
CD

mikeym1a
07-10-2014, 11:29 PM
I have noticed a slight change in the site the past 6 or so months. But, things seem to be settling down. I come here to learn. Maybe contribute a little to the the newer members, if I can. So many here that know more than me. I hope everyone stays around and continues to help educate me. Thanks to all. mikey

hornsurgeon
07-10-2014, 11:52 PM

Cat

haven't I taught you guys anything yet????

live chickens are not legal tender on this site.

crazy mark
07-11-2014, 12:13 AM
I was on the old shooters site and wandered over here when I realized this was where most had gone. There was an site between shooters and this site. I don't post that much. Old wives tales I love to bust. My favorite is the 311413 (I bad) can't be shot accurately over 1600 FPS. I hit 2200 FPS with 3" groups at 100 yds out of my scoped 49/56. Now in my Bolt action 30-30's I can't go over 1750 fps until it goes crazy. If I don't like a post I ignore it. Thanks to the owner and mods for all they do.

TXGunNut
07-11-2014, 01:12 AM
Pit? Pretty sure I could find it if I wanted to. Too many places I'd rather go first and simply don't have time. I'd like to continue my pointless post by once again thanking the mods, past and present. I can't imagine Buckshot posting something that wasn't interesting and helpful, his earlier post was very well written and informative.
And back to the OP, thanks for starting a thread that cleared up something that needed it. I'm grateful to Robert for picking up the reins and taking on what probably seems to be a tough and thankless job at times.

Taylor
07-11-2014, 07:26 AM
I found this site by shear luck.I started reloading when a friend gave me some reloading equipment.At that point,it made sense to me to make my own bullets.Most likely I would have not succeeded without Cast Boolits. Me? I need this forum and all the friend's I have made here.

So we have something new,(ownership).No doubt it will work out for the good.Not knowing the site was being sold,my fault,as I had been busy with retirement and making trips to visit family while I had some extra money.As far as the Pit,I rarely go there,not because I agree or disagree with someone.But,it's like the 6 o'clock news,I just get P.O'd hearing what is happening to our country,and I feel helpless in wanting to do something.Oh,I vote! Same with the chat room,except I plain just can't keep up.

In closing,well...if it bothers you,don't look at it,don't touch it.Someone else may like it.

fatelk
07-12-2014, 12:51 AM
Thanks to the owner and mods for all they do.

+1 to that.

Concerning the pit; I assume that the issue is the "Politics & Religion" part of the pit, and not the "Humor and Off Topic"? Or is it the whole Pit that is the trouble?

I visit the humor/off topic part of the pit on occasion, and I really can't see why anyone would have an issue with it. Maybe I'm missing something.

Hickory
07-12-2014, 01:25 AM
For me, the pit is like an outhouse, I need to take a dump to cleanse my system from time to time.
And politics is like that outhouse, a lot of dirty messy stuff accumulates there.
We as concerned citizens & voters need to clean it out every two years.
I guess that's why some here don't like going to the pit, they don't like the smell and they are not concerned with the cleaning up the mess in the DC outhouse.

crazy mark
07-13-2014, 02:00 AM
handloads.com was another site. Joined: October 27 2002
Online Status: Offline I was there using a different name.
Found it still in my favorites. Many posters that were here and some that still are.

swheeler
07-13-2014, 08:03 PM

..............Buckshot

Couldn't have been said better! As always a gentleman, Ric you should get into politics:) I know, I didn't have to say that, sorry.

MT Gianni
07-13-2014, 09:51 PM
+1 to that.

Concerning the pit; I assume that the issue is the "Politics & Religion" part of the pit, and not the "Humor and Off Topic"? Or is it the whole Pit that is the trouble?

I visit the humor/off topic part of the pit on occasion, and I really can't see why anyone would have an issue with it. Maybe I'm missing something.
Another example of the fine job the moderators do to make sure there is usually nothing offensive there. Humor and off topic often requires almost a full time mod.