PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Small Parts

alexanderkidd
07-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Anyone know a source for RCBS small parts for presses? Things like springs, detent ball, primer plungers, that kind of thing...

I have part #s, but can't find anywhere on the RCBS site to order them; MidwayUSA doesn't seem to carry the smaller parts..

Smoke4320
07-07-2014, 12:40 PM
just call RCBS they will give them to you

alexanderkidd
07-07-2014, 12:41 PM
just call RCBS they will give them to you

I did, waiting on a call back.

Also used the web form for 'Contact Us', it says I should have a reply in a few days.

Johnny_V
07-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Last time I called RCBS, it took them 2 days to get back to me.....

alexanderkidd
07-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Last time I called RCBS, it took them 2 days to get back to me.....

Hence my trying to see if there's another source...

Bayou52
07-07-2014, 01:53 PM
I've always been able to connect with a customer service rep on the phone. In my experience, I do better speaking with someone live rather than by email.....

texassako
07-07-2014, 01:55 PM
The last time I called RCBS last year wanting a few small parts they just sent them to me free of charge; so it may be worth waiting for a call back.

Jim_P
08-05-2014, 10:00 PM
I've had two occasions now to ask RCBS for parts.

The first for my 30+ year old Rock Chucker press. I needed a replacement for the pivot pin for the priming lever and also asked about a replacement for the handle. My handle was the original with the plastic sleeve and not the ball end. Yup, I've had it that long!

Both sent free to me. Including shipping. I mean a whole new handle! Not just the ball end, but the shaft as well! Oh, they included the pivot pin too.

I bought a new Pro Melt furnace and it was missing the Fulcrum and a couple of screws (many people will tell you I'm missing more than one screw...). Got on the web page and told them my dilemma. Stuff was in the mail the next day. Again (and while it should be) free.

Forget calling. Get on the web page and send them a message. It'll be taken care of the next day. No waiting. If you got the part number, it's even easier. I will always buy RCBS because of their service and guarantee.

Just be polite. No need to blame them for something that may have been beyond their control or a simple mistake.

str8wal
08-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Forget calling. Get on the web page and send them a message. It'll be taken care of the next day. No waiting. If you got the part number, it's even easier. I will always buy RCBS because of their service and guarantee.

This has been my experience as well. Not with press parts so much, but with die parts. Last time I was just asking which seating stem I should order for a pointed 45 caliber bullet and the reply I got was "one is on the way - call it warranty service".

What's not to love ;-)

VHoward
08-06-2014, 12:36 AM
I contacted them about a new primer seating rod for the bench mounted priming tool. I explained to them in my email that I had mangled it myself and it was not defective equipment. I asked how much a replacement was and I got a reply the next day that the replacement was in the mail to me at no charge. So warranty replacement for something I damaged through no fault of theirs is A#1 customer service in my book. Why I have no problem paying a little more for RCBS equipment. I still shop around looking for the best price.

Just be sure to include you name, address and phone number when you email them. Cuts down on the time they have to ask for it.

Lead Fred
08-06-2014, 03:28 AM
RCBS has sent me many small parts over the years.
I have spares for eveything

troyboy
08-06-2014, 08:49 PM
They have always sent out small parts free of charge to me as well. They will call back, be patient.

FLHTC
08-06-2014, 09:24 PM
I always email them. I get the part number off the page that allows you to download the manuals http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/Parts_Book.pdf , then i email them the part number with a request for the price http://www.rcbs.com/general/ask.aspx. They always reply with a request of their own for me to verify my name and address. A week later the stuff is at my door

alexanderkidd
08-07-2014, 08:21 AM
They did finally get me a couple of shipments of parts to fix the press, no charge. Also helped me re-time the press over the phone which was appreciated.

Good customer service, although it would have been nice to have received some email confirmations and/or had a way to check the status of my request online.

Bayou52
08-07-2014, 09:37 AM
They did finally get me a couple of shipments of parts to fix the press, no charge. Also helped me re-time the press over the phone which was appreciated.

Good customer service, although it would have been nice to have received some email confirmations and/or had a way to check the status of my request online.

In my experience, the earlier you call RCBS in the morning, the more likely you'll get right through to a CSR.........

Bayou52