PDA

View Full Version : Flea Market find

inspector_17
07-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Went to local flea market and found this bar solder. Weighs little less than 1.5 lbs got it for $5.

Found a few more possible pewter pieces, but not confident enough to buy though, plus sellers would not haggle. Had they been willing to talk would have picked up a few. One vendor had lead soldiers, (cookie mold) weighed about 3-4 lbs said he wanted $5 per. Said if he didn't sell there he would put them on CL and get rid of them that way. He said he wasn't going to dicker with the price, he had a scrap dealer he knew where he had sold 600lbs of Pb and got $1000 for it. Laughed at him and told him to take all his lead there because no scrap dealer I knew or heard of would ever pay that price.

EDG
07-07-2014, 10:51 AM
There are a lot of yarns and liars at flea markets.

Beesdad
07-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Love to hear all the flea market stories .. You did good --- let them keep their $1.66/lb. Pb...

Hardcast416taylor
07-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Got a friend, YES I do have a friend, that claims to be a "picker". I gave him, felt sorry for him really, a quite nice old Remington L C Smith model upright typewriter to sell on his table at a flea market. These machines are bringing close to $200 for a serious buyer. He traded it to the market manager for his table rent - $35! I haven`t felt sorry for him since that trading fiasco.Robert

RogerDat
07-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Should have offered to sell him a few hundred lbs. of scrap lead at say $1.40 a lb. then he can make a quick profit flipping it to that scrap dealer that will give him $1.66 /lb. Wonder how quick he would have jumped on that deal.