View Full Version : need a hand using Reloaders Reference program on win 8.1

meicalnissyen
07-06-2014, 11:58 AM
greets,
first post, wish it wasn't so lame.
mods, move as needed please

This prog was alot of work, I wonder if it will have issues on 64bit,
I did a bit of searching, but found nothing on this topic
hopefully someone has already trudged thru this path and can point me in the right direction

I DL the exe file and ran it (after scanning of course)
it installed fine but throws dialog boxes " C:\ test1\coredata.mdb is not a valid path "

I'm on win 8.1

don't need a bunch of hand holding, but a point in the right direction.

unless it just won't run on 8.1

Thanks!

Eyesa Horg
01-22-2015, 06:02 PM
I'm having the same issue with Vista, also need to know where to put the .xls files after unzipping the download.

Much Obliged,
Eyesa

Bohica793
01-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Unfortunately, the location of the required database files is hardcoded in the application. When you run the installer, it will prompt you that it will install the program into C:\Program Files (x86)\Reloaders Reference. Change this to C:\Test1. This will fix the biggest issue. You will probably get a message box when you execute the program saying "Selected collating sequence.....". This can be ignored.

Eyesa Horg
01-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Unfortunately, the location of the required database files is hardcoded in the application. When you run the installer, it will prompt you that it will install the program into C:\Program Files (x86)\Reloaders Reference. Change this to C:\Test1. This will fix the biggest issue. You will probably get a message box when you execute the program saying "Selected collating sequence.....". This can be ignored.

Thank you Bohica--- I'll give it a try. Do I also put all the downloadable manuals etc. into the same file?

Bohica793
01-22-2015, 10:47 PM
Thank you Bohica--- I'll give it a try. Do I also put all the downloadable manuals etc. into the same file?

Yes you do. Let me know how it works out.

big bore 99
01-22-2015, 10:50 PM
I had some problems too with it. I'm not very computer literate though. Figure, I'll just stick with the hard copy manuals.

Eyesa Horg
01-25-2015, 02:16 PM
Yes you do. Let me know how it works out.

Much Obliged Bohica--It works like a champ now. Didn't have to change the permissions either. That was an easy fix.

Eyesa

prs
01-25-2015, 07:28 PM
And 10 is on the horizon.

prs

Bohica793
01-25-2015, 08:00 PM
And 10 is on the horizon.

prs

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz