PDA

View Full Version : 225 win in a carcano??

nekshot
07-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Ok, hears the deal. I bought this carcano many moons ago because I have a 35 caliber barrel that threads on it. I am presently on a 35 cal binge and getting bored of them. I was digging around in my junk and found this action with a full bag of new brass and I looked up and my eyes were fixed on a couple boxes of 225 win dies and neck sizing dies from an estate sale. I wondered what a 6.5 carcano would look like coming out of a 225 size die. About 10 minutes later I had my answer, at 2.065 col just a wee bit long in the neck! Now I am thinking a 22 cal barrel for this as the preassures are close to the same and these carcano's triggers really slick up as this one has I could end up with a cute little gun. What twist do I need if I want to shoot heavy(55-70 gr) material?

nekshot
07-07-2014, 05:26 PM
ok, next time you hear from me on this it will be with the finished rifle. I have the barrel on the way and I am going to also use the 35 barrel for a 35 remmy on it. I will make a case for both barrels, boolits and stock and reciever. I love a plan now we bring it together!

texassako
07-08-2014, 11:57 AM
I am interested in seeing how it turns out. I just took delivery of a cheap .35 caliber barrel yesterday. It is going on a clean 91/24 sporter I was given, one of those missing the fast part of the gain twist barrel. Free action and stock, $40 barrel, and a reamer rental makes for a really cheap .35 Remington bolt gun. I have 3 more donor guns that were free to me.

DCM
07-12-2014, 02:52 AM
Very interested in how it works out.
I might be re-barreling a 7.35 in the future.