PDA

View Full Version : Ran into poor R-P 30-30 brass

ohland
07-04-2014, 11:46 AM
A 32-40 was whining at the door, begging to be let in. Had to feed it, so I opened the box of reformed 30-30 cases, and started to prep the primer pockets. Geez Louise, I had to get out the cordless drill to make headway. Got through that. Uniformed the flash holes, most of them were good (or had already been prepped) but ONE case had a humongous burr or whatever and I could NOT get enough Moxie on my K&M Uniformer to even turn... Once again, thanks to the power of electricity, the case was prepped.

Some boolits came with it, but they are PB, not my cup o' tea. Have to get a .321 sizing die and a set of Lee 32-40 dies. Methinks a great deal of the present owner's problems were lack of proper sizing. Perchance the boolits are undersized as well.... Plan for (Canadian) World Domination is to use Black Powder and 160-ish grain boolits and have another fun gun. Found some Swiss pattern buttplates, and the palm rest I bought was never used as intended. BUT this should go well on a Low Wall... IF it shoots.

:coffeecom