PDA

View Full Version : Bystrom Powder Measure

tred1956
07-02-2014, 08:54 PM
HI,
Have a chance to buy a Bystrom Powder measure, but I am not familiar with them at all. Any info or opinion, good or bad would be appreciated. Also curious what would be a fair price?
Thanks
Doug

Mk42gunner
07-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Doug,

Never heard of a Bystrom, at least I don't remember if I did. Is this a normal reloading powder measure, or is it one of the higher end units such as the Harrell that is commonly used for benchrest?

As for pricing, I would look at comparable units at one of the online suppliers like Midsouth or Midway, and go from there. The last Lyman 55 I bought used I paid $7.50, mainly because nobody else at the auction knew what it was.

Robert

GP100man
07-02-2014, 10:33 PM
I think it`s a close copy of the old Herters model 40.

Does it have a drum with what looks like a micro dial ???

tred1956
07-03-2014, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the replies. He did not have a picture of it and it has already sold.
Thanks again,
Doug

salpal48
07-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Bystrom, RF Wells and herters in the past have share a good relation ship. All 3 pm's are basically the same. all are excellent . I have 2 and are very good.. a price you can live with . well $40.00 or under. . Condition is everything. If the tube is clear and no breaks on the screw line. , It will be worth it. Most tube have turned yellow with age and the screw holes have broken the tube. but all are still serviceable. They usually will never go bad or need parts. all the screw can be replaced @ any local hardware store.
I also use a Bystrom and well press which is also the same
Hope this helps
Sal