PDA

View Full Version : New Pot - Waage Model K4757

MGySgt
01-19-2008, 08:24 PM
I getting ready to ordered a new pot - Waage Model K4757.

I think there is a few that have them here on the board - Any comments on them?

Drew

wills
01-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Not sure the model number, i am pleased with mine, and they are well thought of by competative BPCR shooters.

Slowpoke
01-19-2008, 09:46 PM
I have had mine for about a year now, no complaints.

The extra diameter is sure nice.

It has a nice wide lip that works well for pre heating ingots.

I read on one of the BP forums that they use a Robert Shaw thermostat and when they go bad, a OEM replacement is around $80.

good luck

powderburnerr
01-20-2008, 05:30 PM
I have two of them , one is 6 years old and the other is 5. both hold temp right at 5 degrees. I calabrated them so they correspond with the handle numbers and they both run within 5 degrees of each other , I use one to melt sprus and one to ladel out of. when the light goes out on the one I transfer lead to the other , this works real good when I am in the casting mood. ....Dean

Jon K
01-20-2008, 05:47 PM
I sure like mine, temp holds ..............what else can I say.

Jon

longhorn
01-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Reliable piece of equipment for 3+ years now. Holds temperature very steady. I'd buy another in an instant.

MGySgt
01-21-2008, 02:32 AM
Order goes out tomorow - they sure are a lot cheaper then the Black and Orange dipping pot!

But I did get about 17 years out of it. I am going to re-wire it and re-insulate it as soon as I find some insulation for it.

Drew

legend
01-21-2008, 03:02 PM
any addy or link to find this? thanks
legend

MGySgt
01-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Legend here is the URL:

http://www.waage.com/

However, they don't really list the pots we use. The K4757 is not on their Web Page. Use the E-mail link on their home page and tell Marc what you are looking for. I am sure that they have what you want.

Drew

zipdog
01-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Drew, if you don't mind my asking, what did that Waage pot set you back?

Rusty

Jon K
01-28-2008, 07:16 PM
zipdog,

Current price $140 delivered to your front door.

Jon

montana_charlie
01-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Any comments on them?
Nothing first hand, but...

That is a very popular pot among the annointed on the Shiloh forum. It usually gets nothing but the highest recommendations. However, lately there have more than a couple of posts from guys who are disappointed in the durability of the thermostat.

Some (at least one) have had it burn out in as little as a year of use....and (apparently) when the manufacturer was contacted, the advice was to buy a new pot rather than replace the thermostat. I think the price of a new control was said to be $80.

That said, I would still like to have one...even a used K4757 that needs a new thermostat.

CM

MGySgt
01-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Drew, if you don't mind my asking, what did that Waage pot set you back?

Rusty

Rusty - here is what they sent back to my inquiry:

The value of the K4757 is $125.00 + $16.00 shipping and handling to your location.
visa/mc accepted for your convenience 800-922-4365

They quoted 10 business days for delivery, I think it was more like 5. Came in on Friday and I spent the weekend casting with it.

The lip is wide enough to preheat the 1 LB ignots and the temp stays constant. I THINK it is a little slower to come up to temp then my Lyman. I wil check that AFTER if fix the Lyman Mag Dipper.

When you consider the Lyman Mag 20 is $230+ and the RCBS is even more, I think it is a bargin.

CM - we will see how long it lasts. I will put the Lyman Mag 20 Dipper on the shelf after I fix it.

Drew

Slowpoke
01-28-2008, 11:53 PM
If you want you can adjust the thermostat to match the dial setting.

Pull the dial knob off and in the center you will see a little slotted screw (might need a flash light), if memory serves you turn it counter clockwise to raise the temp.

I did mine as soon as I got it, I check it at least once every time I use it and it has stayed with in 10* of the dial setting I was using at the time.

good casting

MGySgt
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks Slowpoke - I might give it a try.

So far I really like the new pot - I don't think it is any better then my Lyman Mag Dipper (20 pound pot) - just different.

It takes up less room then my Lyman does and we can always use more room on our bench!

Drew

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
01-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Does Waage make a bottom pour version?

Thanks,

Dave

georgewxxx
01-31-2008, 12:11 AM
No, Strictly dipper. The one used for melting lead and making boolits isn't on their web pages. It's best to just call and ask. Buddy has had one for two years and he says he'd never go back to a SAECO, LEE or LYMAN again. Remember it's a 25 lb pot and it's made for commercial use.....Geo

Idaho Sharpshooter
02-10-2008, 01:41 AM
great music, piss poor catalog. I clicked on the solder pots, and they do not even show a 50-60lb production pot. Yes, I make big heavy bullets for my 550 and 577 Gibbs wildcats.

Rich

Jon K
02-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Rich,

You have to call and ask for info, their main product line is industial application and looks like lead pots for casting is a side line.
They are good people to deal with.

Jon

TAWILDCATT
02-15-2008, 10:31 PM
I wonder if they make the lyman and RCBS pots.I know the old lyman and saeco pots were the same make.:coffee:[smilie=1::Fire:

MGySgt
02-15-2008, 10:35 PM
I wonder if they make the lyman and RCBS pots.I know the old lyman and saeco pots were the same make.:coffee:[smilie=1::Fire:

Not even close - so I would doubt it.

Drew