PDA

View Full Version : Bair powder measure

Wayne Smith
01-19-2008, 03:54 PM
I just got, via eBay, a nice little Bair pistol powder measure. It was a bonus, I wanted the Pacific measure and this came with it. It has the #25 cylinder in it. Do any of you gentlemen know of a source for more cylinders? Cross compatability with another manufacturer. Did someone buy Bair and might they still be making stuff?

Unfortunately a google search turned up mostly eBay items. No real help.

Swagerman
01-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Get thee to a machinist and have the metal Meister use your #25 to make other cylinders of the volume you want to throw powder.

Trying to locate out of production equipment is definitely difficult, as you learned doing an internet search.

Jim

Swagerman
01-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Get thee to a machinest and have the metal meister use your #25 to make other cylinders of the volume you want to throw powder.

Are these cylinders made of bronze or brass???

Trying to locate out of production equipment is deffinetly dificult, as you learned doing an internet search.

Jim

Wayne Smith
01-21-2008, 09:21 AM
It appears to be brass. If I go that route I'll have someone make blanks and drill the recesses myself.

TAWILDCATT
01-25-2008, 11:39 PM
their long out of business.I know as I did business after they closed but lawyer was selling parts.have them made as posted.I did yrs ago with the pacific. my club has two bair presses we have used for 30 + yrs. :coffee:--[smilie=1: