PDA

View Full Version : .22 pellets

plmitch
06-25-2014, 01:50 PM
Is there a good place to get .22 pellets? Found one can locally but mostly .177 around here. Need more for my granddaughters.

joesig
06-25-2014, 02:21 PM
I just bought some pellets from http://www.pyramydair.com/

Believe it or not, Amazon isn't a bad place to look either.

dtknowles
06-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Locally I can get them from Walmart, Academy, and Dick's.

Tim

dtknowles
06-25-2014, 04:24 PM
I believe that Pyramidair has buy 3 get one free deal.

Tim

ghh3rd
06-25-2014, 06:50 PM
Walmart here in Tampa has had them lately.

2AMMD
06-25-2014, 07:01 PM
Ther are also www.airgundepot.com and www.airgunsofarizona.com. They seem to have a large selection.

TCLouis
06-25-2014, 11:43 PM
This is a perfect reason why a real location is needed on ones posted info.

Then folks can answer with something that is possibly local.

It is hard to make a suggestion when one has no idea where in the world, let alone a state or country

Otherwise it will have to be some mail order location.

joesig
06-26-2014, 02:04 AM
this is a perfect reason why a real location is needed on ones posted info.

Then folks can answer with something that is possibly local.

It is hard to make a suggestion when one has no idea where in the world, let alone a state or country

otherwise it will have to be some mail order location.

amen!

Ickisrulz
06-26-2014, 01:18 PM
Research the best pellet for your particular gun and then order from Amazon or somewhere else online. Don't waste your gas driving around.

C.F.Plinker
06-26-2014, 02:43 PM
I was at my local Bass Pro. They had Crosman and two types of RWS among others. The RWS were $14.99 for 250.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
06-26-2014, 07:45 PM
I agree with the votes to order online. I'm finding I buy more and more things online rather than waste my time and very expensive petroleum just to go to a store that has limited choice.

With the availability of choice from the internet, I can get better quality pellets, a better selection, a wide choice of calibers and have it all delivered to my door for less than what it costs me to drive to the store and buy it.

Not only that, but I don't have to put up with the rabble that inhabit large retail stores on a daily basis. I get to enjoy the peace of my home and family instead.

Good choices have been posted with good internet options. Avail yourself of them and free yourself from the horrors of wally world visits.

wellfedirishman
06-27-2014, 11:34 PM
My Benjamin Nitro Piston Titan loves these Daisys, and they are cheap:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R1AT9C/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_dp_1

Order 8 tins (4000 pellets) for free shipping.

plmitch
07-02-2014, 05:48 PM
My Benjamin Nitro Piston Titan loves these Daisys, and they are cheap:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R1AT9C/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_dp_1

Order 8 tins (4000 pellets) for free shipping.

Good tip there. Got some on order waiting for them. Thanks

Multigunner
07-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Wow prices have certainly gone up.Its been many years since I bought .22 pellets.I was preparing to bring the old S&W 78g out of mothballs but found I had mislaid my remaining .22 pellets.I was sure I had a couple of tins left.I still have thousands of .177 pellets I stockpiled many years ago, though I fire off a few dozens of these now and then.I also stocked up on CO2 cylinders while I was at it.

GARD72977
07-04-2014, 02:59 PM
I just found $144 worth at Pyramid air. I used the buy 3 get one free and the 10% off with free shipping.

W.R.Buchanan
07-07-2014, 11:27 PM
I stopped buying cheap pellets along time ago when I found out about Beemans. This was in 1975 (still have the catalog!)and at the time they were the only place that had good quality pellets. WE were amazed how much better a cheap little Diana 17 shot with good pellets and burned them like firewood shooting from our back porch on the Colorado River in Bullhead City AZ. WE took turns shooting at one of those little red garage door pull down knobs hanging from a railing on our dock about 20 yards from the back porch. I won $100 one payday hitting that thing 25 times in a row! I later lost that and another $100 playing Cribbage with the Roomies.

After I moved back to Ventura I bought a Weihrauch HW35E in .177 and I was going thru a lot of pellets shooting from my bedroom door to the wall in my living room. 10M/33ft on the nose.

I had made a pellet trap out of a 15" square Wooden box filled with Duct Sealing Putty (Motac) and a picture light over the top. I shot into that trap for nearly 10 years on a very regular basis nearly everyday after work. I was not married!

After I got married I shot mainly live targets (Mocking Birds in my back yard in town.) and shot 1-2 at least 3-4 times a week. I also shot many rolls of Necco Wafers stuck in the top rung of the fence. I had bought 25 or so 500 round tins of H&N match pellets as my gun liked them, so I didn't need to buy very often.

When we moved to Ojai (Semi Rural) 10 years ago, my next door neighbor would call the Sheriffs anytime she heard the gun go off and so I was forced to curtail my shooting until my Garage was built. Now I shoot mainly in my garage or at my clubs range in Rose Valley.

Now I go directly to Pyramyd Air as they have more stuff for Air Rifles than anyone else. I still shoot mainly H&N Match Pellets in both .177 and .22 cals, but now with the R1 it seems to like the H&N Barakudas or Crow Magnums. They are in the 21-22 gr range and soak up more of the power that gun is capable of.

I like the buy 3 get one free thing they do and recently they had some .22 H&N pellets that are identical to the H&N match pellets except they were in 500 count tins instead of the normal 200 round tins .22's usually come in. My HW77 likes those pellets. I bought 4 tins of those, and soon will be buying 4 more tins of Barakudas for the R1.

The R1 will put a Barakuda pellet 1" into a dry phone book at 50 yards!

Pyramyd also has cool stuff like Pellet Pins that hold 15-20 pellets in a stick and allow you to push them directly into the chamber of your break action gun without touching them.

My whole point here is that I pretty much stopped looking for places to buy Air Gun Stuff. Pyramyd is pretty much a One Stop Shop.

Also their shop guys can tell you what to do if you have a problem with your gun, just don't cornfuse the shop guys with the sales guys.

You just have to ask for what you need. You get a new catalog from them about every 2 months or with every order and there are valuable articles in the catalogs like what Dillon Precision does with their monthly Blue Press mailings.

The History of my .02. [smilie=p:

Randy

Mauser48
08-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Walmart and big 5 usually has them.

bandsmoyer
08-03-2014, 06:46 PM
I agree with TC lets at least have a state here

45cal
08-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Pyramid air.
It is such a waste of your time to go to wal mart.
These folk send your selection promptly and its a good thing to know what your guns likes because the selection is overwhelming
I have my marauder down to one ,the rws