PDA

View Full Version : just got home

Lloyd Smale
01-18-2008, 03:15 PM
got to take a shower after 4 days and that felt great! Ive got lots of pain but mostly insision pain. The nerve pain seems to be in check with this stimulator. At least so far so thats good news. Thanks again for all the prayers guys!

waksupi
01-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Welcome home, Lloyd. Glad you are clean again! Of course, sometimes those sponge baths can be interesting...

dromia
01-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Welcome home mate.:-D

madcaster
01-18-2008, 03:30 PM
:coffee:Glad to hear this Lloyd!

testhop
01-18-2008, 03:55 PM
glad to hear from you
and glad you are healing fine
but thay say you cant keep a good man down

Jon K
01-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Welcome Home & have a speedy recovery................

Jon

Poygan
01-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Lloyd,

Isn't technology great! And now you have five months of winter left to recuperate....

Nueces
01-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Glad you're home, Lloyd, and that the stimulator seems to work. Hope being able to rest in your nest helps you deal with the post-operative pain.

Mark

454PB
01-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Good to hear you'll be casting and shootin' soon!

hornetguy
01-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Lloyd...
What kind of stimulator did you get put in? I'm curious because I work for a company that mfgs neurostimulators.
It's fascinating stuff....

MtGun44
01-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Glad to hear that the new high tech fix is working. I just can't get over
how lucky we are to have the (relatively) free market for our health care.
It may get expensive at times, but we are lucky to be alive now to get the
benefits from these new technologies.

I got a stent a couple years ago and have zero effects from what would have
been a serious problem 20 years ago.

Glad you are benefitting, too.

Bill

Lloyd Smale
01-18-2008, 07:12 PM
its called a boston scientific precision
Lloyd...
What kind of stimulator did you get put in? I'm curious because I work for a company that mfgs neurostimulators.
It's fascinating stuff....

Lloyd Smale
01-18-2008, 07:14 PM
even got me a getting out of the hospital present. im picking up a marlin 336D off of one of our fourm brothers! Ive been looking for one for a couple years and it seems like everytime one came up for sale i was broke. I just wasnt going to let this one get away from me.

Bret4207
01-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Lloyd!

wills
01-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Welcome home, Lloyd. Glad you are clean again! Of course, sometimes those sponge baths can be interesting...

Why does a sponge, which lives at the bottom of the sea need a bath?

Scrounger
01-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Why does a sponge, which lives at the bottom of the sea need a bath?

Wills, it's obvious you don't watch Sponge Bob Squarepants or you would know.

sundog
01-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Lloyd, glad to hear you are doing well. And, yes the shower feels good doesn't it!

What kind of recovery time do you have until you can start playing again? We'll miss you on the playground.

I finished my two weeks of down time today, so I'll be going back to work on Tuesday (Monday holiday). I've been doing handy stuff at the bench all week.

Anyway, glad you're back amongst us.

Swamprat1052
01-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Glad you're home and doing better. I sure hope that works for you, I want to talk to you about it in a few weeks. I need to have something done myself.

Swamprat

DLCTEX
01-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Welcome back Lloyd, and speedy recovery! Dale

jawjaboy
01-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Good to know you are at home and doing better Lloyd. Jes take her easy fer a spell.

Jim
01-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Well, Lloyd, I reckon it's time for another shot of sour mash. Here's to your coming home, old man!:drinks:

StrawHat
01-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Welcome Home and here's to a speedy recovery!

Hope your back casting , loading and shooting soon.

blackthorn
01-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Glad to hear you are doing well!!! Just do what the care-givers tell you to do and dont push it too fast. Our thoughts are with you.

hornetguy
01-19-2008, 12:33 PM
its called a boston scientific precision

Ok... the competition.
The company I work for is called ANS, and is a subsidiary of St.Jude Medical.. the ones that make pacemakers and heart valves. They wanted to get into the neurostimulation market, so they bought us about a year and a half ago.

I hope it works for you... I know that our company has seen some pretty remarkable success stories from folks with chronic pain. It's amazing what can be done with neuro-stimulation, and it just gets better all the time.

Good luck with it....

9.3X62AL
01-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Lloyd--

Good to hear that things are going well, sir. Like Jawja said, go easy on returning to daily activities--listen to what your body is telling you.

HORNET
01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Lloyd,
Glad to hear that things are going well so far. Just take it easy and don't try to push it too hard too fast. Its better to take a little longer and have a more complete recovery than to try to rush it and undo any results by creating more damage. Too bloody cold out to hurry things anyhow....best wishes..

SwedeNelson
01-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Lloyd

Best Wishes.
And a speedy recovery.

Swede Nelson

44man
01-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Glad to have you back so we can get back to jawin over stuff again. Take it easy for a while and don't try to cast 10,000 boolits all at once.
Jim

01-22-2008, 03:19 AM
Best wishes for that fast recovery.

Lloyd Smale
01-22-2008, 08:38 AM
it seems to be working well. Its cut my narcotic use by more then half allready and its less then a week out from the surgery so its sure got potential,
Ok... the competition.
The company I work for is called ANS, and is a subsidiary of St.Jude Medical.. the ones that make pacemakers and heart valves. They wanted to get into the neurostimulation market, so they bought us about a year and a half ago.

I hope it works for you... I know that our company has seen some pretty remarkable success stories from folks with chronic pain. It's amazing what can be done with neuro-stimulation, and it just gets better all the time.

Good luck with it....

hornetguy
01-22-2008, 09:50 AM
GREAT!! If you don't mind, I would be interested, as I'm sure most of the other guys here would be, in how this thing works for you over time. I knew nothing about neurostimulation until I came to work here about 5 yrs ago. It's an amazing science..... one that is just now beginning to be recognized as a legitimate way to a better "quality of life" as some people say.
Our company is working on deep brain stimulation (DBS) as well... and they say the applications for that procedure are almost limitless.... from Parkinson's to tinnitis (ME! ME!) and even obesity....

I used to think the semiconductor industry was amazing (it really is)... but when you see this kind of technology being developed to improve people's lives... it's really rewarding.... as corny as that sounds.

Please keep us posted as to how this is working for you...

SPRINGFIELDM141972
01-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Welcome Back. Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Your still in the prayer list.

Everett

Bass Ackward
01-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Well .................... all I want to know is this thing implanted or does it have a hand control where it can be ............... abused? :grin:

If so, they sure gave it to the wrong guy. :grin:

Gussy
01-22-2008, 12:17 PM
First time I saw a "stimulator" in use was in the 60's and it was used on a bull to collect semen. I'm assuming that's not the kind you have?????? They'd have to take away the button!!

Good luck and heal fast!!
Gus

ACK450
01-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Well Lloyd, as ya can see, there is a bunch of us casters, loaders and shooters cheering you on to speedy and complete recovery so you can get back at it ASAP.
Just mind the Doc!

Lloyd Smale
01-22-2008, 04:27 PM
ill let you know how it works in the long run. It is implanted under the skin above my hip and has a remote control to operate it. Im sure ill find a way to destroy it in time.