PDA

View Full Version : i need a rifle scope

stephenj
06-22-2014, 02:51 PM
i am in need of a dependable rifle scope .

i have the very first center fire bolt action rifle i ever bought .. a 788 remington in 6mm rem .
i bought it when i was 13 i worked my tail off to get the money to buy it and it has served me well over the years .. unfortunatly i have not used it much the last 20 years
and i have decided it is time to pass it on to my 16 y/o nephew for his first varmit rifle .

the tasco scope i had on it for years has somehow gotten bent and needs replaced .
after buying a couple pounds of varget and a few hundred j words for him to shoot my fun fund in about wiped out for a few months ... the only other scope i own is on my 22-250 and is a 30 mm tube so it wont fit in the mount .

if anyone here might happen to have a know dependable inexpensive rifle scope they can part with maybe we can come to a mutualy agreeable agreement .

i might be able to trade some boolits .. and a bit of cash or maybe the iron sights off the rifle if you need sights for a 788 .. or ??108505

Love Life
06-22-2014, 02:55 PM
I have:

Simmons 3X9 with duplex reticle. Came free with a savage. Worked well when I had it mounted.

Tasco Varmint 6-24 with mil-dot reticle. Has been a solid scope for years and ate many rounds of full house 308.

They are just collecting dust. Shoot me a PM with which one you want, and it is yours.

stephenj
06-22-2014, 03:25 PM
why thank you very much sir .. pm inbound

Old Scribe
06-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Nice going LL!

Ehaver
06-23-2014, 01:31 AM
Ya beat me to it, I was gonna offer the Simmons I had laying around!

brstevns
06-23-2014, 05:03 PM
You guys are the Greatest!:drinks:

stephenj
06-23-2014, 08:10 PM
this is a great place ... my nephew is going to be tickled pink .

i bought him his first center fire rifle last christmas , i asked him what he wanted and he said 30-06 .
i had offered my advice on what to get .. but he is near as stubborn as me and couldnt be talked into a 243 6mm 22-250 .223 or even a .308 as more practicle for what he wanted .

so thinking you cant ever go wrong with a 30-06 and you sometimes have to learn the hard way
i bought him a 30-06 savage .
needless to say he has learned about recoil and the practicality of an 06 for shootin critters

thanks to love life l can give him a ready to use rifle and get him shooting more and enjoying it .

i am hoping he uses it enough this summer to erode the throat on the factory pencil barrel and get it rebarreled with a heavy barrel for x mas