PDA

View Full Version : Kudo's to Goodsteel on my O3A3!!

rockrat
06-20-2014, 11:11 PM
Sent a barreled action to Goodsteel , along with a NIW barrel and told him to make it a 308. Got it back the other day and mounted it in a refinished scant C stock. Took it to the range today to try it out.

First shot, with the sights lowered all the way, I was shooting at one of our 16" gongs @100yds. Hit it, but couldn't see where. Moved the sight up the ramp a notch and aimed at the center of the gong. Durned if it didn't hit 2" above point of aim. Aimed at the 228yd gong and just went under, so raised sight another notch and shot. Hit just about 3" above bottom of the gong. Shot 6 more times. One shot about 2" @5 oclock and another at 7 oclock , just near the bottom edge. Knew I had pulled one. Other 5 in a group about the size of the bottom of a soda can:)

Shot at our 8" gong @345yds and hit it two out of three shots. Kind of hard for these 60 year old eyes to see it, with open sights.

This thing really seems to want to shoot.

Don't know if Goodsteel sighted it in before he shipped it or just put it together and with his artistic skills, it was spot on. Probably the latter!!!

MBTcustom
06-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Cosmic coincidence I'm sure [smilie=1:
Really glad you like that rifle. The barrel looked perfect (I scoped it thoroughly) and it reamed quite well. I'm sure it will give you years of faithful service!

leadman
06-22-2014, 04:19 AM
Isn't it great when everything works like it should?

The 1903a3 rifles all seem to shoot really well and are easy to shoot. I have a K31 that is very accurate but a pain for an old, broken down lefty to shoot.