PDA

View Full Version : I hate neighbors sometimes

osteodoc08
06-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Just gotta vent guys.

Got off work around 1230. Had the afternoon off. Wife took the kids to an amusement park and won't be home until late. I get home and reload some ammunition. I just received a new mold and was excited to try it out. I grab my guns and ammunition and went to the hunting club. It's only five minutes from my house. I get there and realized my chrony has a dead battery. I then went to drive home and when I entered into my neighborhood there was an oncoming car. One of my neighbors had set out is for sale sign in the road as he was mowing. I was able to slow down but I could not avoid it because of the car that was coming in the other lane. Now the roads in my neighborhood are fairly narrow and there's really just enough room my truck in the car. I got down to the end of my section & I see a dog to my left. I thought it was one of my dogs and it may have gotten out so I rode down there. Then here comes this guy pulling in front of me with his truck blocking me. I then ease up on the curb asking him what his problem was. He said I purposely ran up the curb to hit his sign. I told him it was in the road and he was Fing stupid if he didn't think it was gonna get run over. We exchange further pleasantries and he asked if I knew who he was. I told him I didn't nor did I care. He whipped around and tried to pass me on the left so I maintained right of way and proceeded forward. Dave, my neighbor on that end must have known him as this guy is yelling for him before he tried to pass me.

So I return home after this and he rides by my house like he's gonna intimidate me (did I mention this is the same A hole who followed my wife and was cursing at her saying she was speeding by his house a few moths ago? She filed a police complaint)

He says he's gonna call the cops. I tell him go ahead. I ease up his way and record a video of him on the phone calling the cops and the sign is clearly in the road still. He's yelling at the dispatcher so I drive up make a U turn and decide it's better to just wait at my house as the police will now have to come and file a report.

His stupid signs are still in the road and I wasn't gonna pass up another opportunity to run them over. (In hindsight I probably shouldn't have)

I wait about 15 minutes and decided I wasn't gonna let this ruin my day. I made sure the dogs were inside and headed back. Bought this time the police showed up at his house. He tells his side, I tell mine. Police offer says he (the neighbor) wants to file charge of me trying to run him off the road and swerving to hit him with my truck. I laughed at him and asked the police officer of there were any tire marks in his perfectly manacured grass. Of which there were not.

I told the nice police officer that if he would like to play that game, he should inform him that I would also do the same and it would hard to defend with him being the aggressor that chase me down and blocked my passage with truck and there was a witness.

The nice police officer then released me so I continued on my way to go shoot. He did tell me this guy was demanding a supervisor and for my arrest, he didn't seem overly concerned.

remember that dead chrony? Yep. Still no battery. So back I went and his supervisor is there. He flags me down. I asked him if Dave corroborated the story. He basically repeated back what I told the officer. He then asked if I purposely ran over his sign. I replied "Officer. I have loved in this neighborhood peacefully for over 8 years. You saw I had a clean record. There was an oncoming car and his sign was in the road, what would you have done?" He laughed and told me to just avoid this guy. I assured him I would and went home and got my 9V battery and had a nice evening shooting.

I asked my neighbor to look after my house. He asked if this was the same guy that chased my wife down a month or so ago. He remembered that. Yet another good witness to this guys character.....thankfully I have really good immediate neighbors and obviously this guy is moving.

I will tolerate a bunch of **** off people, but you don't threaten me and you sure as heck dont threaten my wife or family (which he tried to by intimidating my wife)

Just wanted to vent. Thanks guys.

Sweetpea
06-20-2014, 09:39 PM
Sounds like this jackwagon needs to get his house sold and move somewhere else...

Just don't send him down my way!

Ragnarok
06-20-2014, 10:01 PM
If it takes more than two sentences to tell me why you hate your neighbor then I ain't interested in why you ran over his signs...sounds like you really just needed some batterys....be a luver not a fighter...have to live with neighbors...urgent need of batteries so you can chronograph loads represents no need for speed on narrow roads

WallyM3
06-20-2014, 10:05 PM
They have medication for your neighbor's "issues" nowadays.

500MAG
06-20-2014, 10:10 PM
I've had issues with neighbors in the past. Sometimes you need to be the bigger man and just try to get along. I certainly understand your frustration but I wouldn't want to live in a neighborhood where I have to ask my neighbor to keep an eye on my house to protect it from another neighbor. This is something that won't end and will continue to escalate.

Heavy lead
06-20-2014, 10:13 PM
Had a neighbor to the north at my last house who kept mowing more and more of my property for a year and a half, one humid wet June I stopped mowing my lawn for two weeks, he asked me one day if my mower was broke and I could use his, I replied that the mower was fine, I just hoped since he kept mowing into my lawn more and more I asked if he could just do the whole thing for me.
Funny, he figured out where the property line was just fine after that.
Got along before and after that just fine too, sometimes the passive aggressive way works better than my usual aggressive/aggressive.

osteodoc08
06-20-2014, 10:16 PM
If it takes more than two sentences to tell me why you hate your neighbor then I ain't interested in why you ran over his signs...sounds like you really just needed some batterys....be a luver not a fighter...have to live with neighbors...urgent need of batteries so you can chronograph loads represents no need for speed on narrow roads

I wasn't speeding at all. I was going probably 10mph or so as I rolled over them. I didn't see them as I was more interested in the oncoming car. He's the second house in after a stop sign on a down hill slope. I didn't notice them until I was right on them.

I've lived here for 8 years and haven't had any issues with any neighbor that weren't easily resolved.

This guy has a habit of chasing down people and being the aggressor. I didn't even pay the signs any mind until he decided to pull his truck at an angle in front of me to block me off as I rounded a cul de sac in the rear of the neighborhood where I thought I saw my dog.

Did i chase the mailman down when he ran into my trash can knocking the wheel off (that the trashman left in the road)? No. I picked it up and put the wheel back on.

This guy obviously "ain't right" and I don't trust him. He knows where I live and my wife is home with the kids alone quite a bit when I'm working. Of course I'd ask my neighbor to keep an eye out. We've always looked out for each other. I've even take care of his dogs and our kids play together.

Beagle333
06-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Nise.... is that trailer still available? I'd like to move up in my surroundings a little. (not a nice neighborhood here) [smilie=1:

monadnock#5
06-20-2014, 10:26 PM
I quarrel with nothing you did or the way you handled yourself. The one and only thing I might have done differently, is when he asked "Do you know who I am?" I would have said "No, but do youy have a business card". Then I would have "Googled" the name ASAP.

There are people born into this life to be messed with. Others, not so much.

"Know your enemy as you know yourself."-Master Sun

osteodoc08
06-20-2014, 10:29 PM
I quarrel with nothing you did or the way you handled yourself. The one and only thing I might have done differently, is when he asked "Do you know who I am?" I would have said "No, but do youy have a business card". Then I would have "Googled" the name ASAP.

There are people born into this life to be messed with. Others, not so much.

"Know your enemy as you know yourself."-Master Sun

I'll have to keep that one in mind. I live in a middle income neighborhood. I'm pretty confident he is more of a legend in his own mind.

Echo
06-21-2014, 09:58 AM
A little Transactional Analysis (TA) would have come in handy here. The other person expected you to react in a certain way, and if you didn't, he would have gotten frustrated or angrier. Stay calm, maintain an even strain, reply Adult to Adult when he expects you to reply groveling, or angry. He gets frustrated as all Getout, and goes away even angrier, and all you did was stay calm and ask for and give info. And that's the true story you tell the cops...
TA is a great way to discuss personal interactions, but it is a sorry way to do therapy. Still, a little knowledge and understanding of TA can really do one well. IM never-to-be HO.

montana_charlie
06-21-2014, 12:34 PM
One of my neighbors had set out is for sale sign in the road as he was mowing. I was able to slow down but I could not avoid it because of the car that was coming in the other lane.
...urgent need of batteries so you can chronograph loads represents no need for speed on narrow roads
I wasn't speeding at all. I was going probably 10mph or so as I rolled over them. I didn't see them as I was more interested in the oncoming car.
I guess it's a good thing they (they?) were just For Sale signs (that you couldn't slow down enough to avoid) instead of a little kid and his puppy.

Love Life
06-21-2014, 12:48 PM
I would be angry if somebody ran over my yard signs as well. I also would have just slowed down tremendously until the oncoming car had passed me. I seek peace and really do my best to avoid confrontation.

However; accidents happen. You handled being blocked in by his vehicle much better than I would have.

Akheloce
06-21-2014, 12:52 PM
I once had to rent a condo in a bad neighborhood for a year while I was on some National Guard orders. I was temporarily a military cop augmentee for the year.

The neighbors were not of the type that you would want to have over for dinner, and I was getting nasty notes left on my truck (parking was tight, the lot was small, and I was the only one with a truck, which was long enough to require a little maneuvering around). Several times, my neighbor knocked on my door, rudely telling me to move my truck somewhere down the street, rather than park in my designated space.

One day, I got back from a training exercise. I still had face paint on (camo), I was wearing my military issue guille suit, and a tactical drop holster on my thigh. I was very tired, as I hadn't slept in 2 days, and hadn't bothered to take the gear off before heading home.

So there I was, standing outside my door, having a smoke, wearing a guille suit, camo face paint, and openly carrying, and tired enough not to give a darn. Needless to say, I was left alone after that, with neighbors hiding from me as I approached from then on.

starmac
06-21-2014, 01:02 PM
A real good attitude adjustment, makes some neighbors easier to deal with.

imashooter2
06-21-2014, 02:23 PM
Sounds to me like the whole thing could have been avoided if you watched where you were driving and applied the brake. There was no reason to drive over his signs even if he put them in the road.

starmac
06-21-2014, 03:06 PM
In the road is no place for a sign you think you want to keep, period. If it is a kid in the road, I might run over the sign on your lawn, if that is what it takes to avoid them, but a sign in the right of way gets no such consideration.

farmallcrew
06-21-2014, 03:10 PM
a guy at work the other day came up with a good saying, it might work in this sitution. "Eff your time" But on the other hand your neighbor probably has a sign in his yard too that read " i have no guns because the government will protect me" *****!!!!

GOPHER SLAYER
06-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Here is my best attempt to win friends here. Ost, what your neighbor really needs is an attitude adjustment. This is quite often achieved by slapping the living **** out of the creep, providing of course that you are big enough to do the job. I would have to hire a biker gang to do the job for me. One of my friends does that from time to time. He also calls on them to get rid of renters who don't pay the rent. If you disagree with me, I really don't care. I have lived in this world a very long time and I learned a long time ago that there is only one thing bullies understand and kindness ain't it. Our fearless leader tried that with a certain thug recently. I think it was in Russia or maybe it was Iraq. There are so many to choose from.

white eagle
06-21-2014, 04:08 PM
I had a similar neighbor but the jack bait was manufacturing meth
he tried and tried to get my goat but I maintained my cool till the day he touched me
the I got off my lawn tractor and knocked him on his bass in front of his kids one of which is friends with my son
he later told my son his dad had it coming

TXGunNut
06-21-2014, 05:00 PM
I do whatever I can to get along with my neighbors but it seems your neighbor doesn't see it that way. OTOH I tend to ignore folks who try to intimidate me. If that bothers them so be it. As a former peace officer and a CHL carrier I must not let jerks like him engage me. I just give them "the look" and walk away. I figure he'll try that with the wrong person someday and learn a hard lesson. Karma works.

firefly1957
06-21-2014, 07:56 PM
People like that are all over i have known a few odd thing every single one of them is a strong democrat does he put up political signs?

NavyVet1959
06-21-2014, 08:22 PM
"I am firmly convinced that most problems in life are caused by people who just don't get laid enough. So, the next time you have someone giving you grief, just smile and say, 'I know where you're coming from'."

I think we know where this guy was coming from.

jmort
06-21-2014, 08:27 PM
"People like that are all over i have known a few odd thing every single one of them is a strong democrat does he put up political signs."

Exactly

NavyVet1959
06-21-2014, 08:53 PM
"The reason that most people are alive today is because it's illegal to kill them, no matter how much they deserve it."

If I can see my neighbor's property from my house, they live too close.

jonas302
06-21-2014, 09:04 PM
I don't think you could run over your neighbors signs in the road and not expect some form of confrontation you were the aggressor when you did it doesn't matter if they should be there or not its not friendly behavior to destroy other peoples property

smokeywolf
06-21-2014, 09:24 PM
I've been fortunate enough to have had some pretty good neighbors and some very good neighbors. In a tract home in SoCal, where you can just about spit into your neighbor's kitchen window from your own kitchen window, having a good neighbor makes a BIG difference.

We are however, looking forward to moving to a much more rural area and lifestyle. In researching property, one of our parameters is to keep neighbors at least a quarter mile away; farther would be better. Neighbors can be wonderful and on occasion even life savers.
But, I kinda see neighbors as being a little like an ugly woman with a great figure; they look better from a distance.

osteodoc, you might consider calling or stopping by the local LE office and stating that because of this encounter with your neighbor and the previous implied threat to your wife, you fear retaliation by your neighbor and would like some extra watchfulness from the patrol officers/deputies.

Should your difficulties with this aggressive and combative neighbor become more serious, this helps to further reinforce that you and your wife are the victims and he (your neighbor) is the aggressor.

smokeywolf

Love Life
06-21-2014, 09:33 PM
But, I kinda see neighbors as being a little like an ugly woman with a great figure; they look better from a distance.

smokeywolf

They all look good to me (ladies)!!!

MaryB
06-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Former next door neighbor before his wife dumped him and he was arrested for meth was a real jerk. He was making meth, I caught him dumping used chemicals and used motor oil in my yard one day and that ended any neighborly relations. Told him that if I caught him again he might get shot. Next night the cops busted him and saved me the trouble. His yard was always 3 feet deep of grass, backyard was filled with trash bags, caught him running an extension cord to my house late one night to power his fridge for awhile because they turned off his power, same for water, one night my pipes started to hammer bad, he had taken the cap off a fire hydrant and was using a sump pump in a bucket to fill a kiddie pool in his basement so he had water. City cut that off too. I was so glad to see him go and the house go on tax auction. They burned a shed out back he was making the meth in because it was so contaminated. Lady who bought it on a tax auction got it cheap, $5k. Fixed it up nice. She is 70 and we get along great. I mow for her so she doesn't have to worry about a push mower, we share a garden... great neighbor.

smokeywolf
06-21-2014, 09:42 PM
I don't think you could run over your neighbors signs in the road and not expect some form of confrontation you were the aggressor when you did it doesn't matter if they should be there or not its not friendly behavior to destroy other peoples property

Assuming this incident happened as osteodoc described, he was definitely NOT the aggressor. He was the victim of someone who committed an illegal act.

So, it doesn't matter that the neighbor illegally impeded a public thoroughfare with a sign or structure? You are the one responsible if you collide with this road hazard?
You shouldn't collide with the road hazard that your neighbor intentionally placed in the roadway, even if it causes you to swerve into oncoming traffic?

I see this kind of attitude all the time here in Kali. Many here are more interested in protecting the perpetrator than the victim.

smokeywolf

Artful
06-21-2014, 10:29 PM
The neighbors were not of the type that you would want to have over for dinner, and I was getting nasty notes left on my truck (parking was tight, the lot was small, and I was the only one with a truck, which was long enough to require a little maneuvering around). Several times, my neighbor knocked on my door, rudely telling me to move my truck somewhere down the street, rather than park in my designated space.

I was living in an apt complex once and some jerk kept parking in my designated parking spot - one day I left a note.
I was just coming home for the range and the only paper I had to use was a used B-27 Target (humanoid), I had been practicing IPSC two to the chest one to the head with.
With my Felt Tip I politely penned them a note to NOT to park in my spot again and put it under their window wiper blade in front of the driver's seat.
http://i54.tinypic.com/9uoiu0.jpg
Never had parking problem from that car again in my space.

Mumblypeg
06-21-2014, 10:36 PM
Man... that's cold.....

lefty o
06-22-2014, 02:16 AM
time to one up your pain in the butt neighbor, and go have a restraining order filed on him.

RogerDat
06-22-2014, 03:18 AM
I used to have a pretty hot temper but at some point I figured out two things. I won't live long enough to provide a public service thumping to everyone I meet that desperately needs it. And when I lose my temper because of what someone else is doing or saying they I am letting them choose my actions for me.

Now I try to make a decision based on what I think is important, if I don't think it is important I don't figure it is worth getting worked up over or having a verbal confrontation about. If the situation in my opinion warrants a confrontational approach there is still no point in working up to it with a bunch of verbal back and forth.

Your neighbor wants to have an argument over the sign, do you? If not then just ignore pretty much everything he says, if he takes it someplace you don't think should be tolerated then don't. But make it entirely your decision.

I'm with Yoda on this. Do, Don't do. No interest in dancing with idiots or as they say wrestling with pigs in muck, sooner or later you figure out the pig enjoys it.

Lance Boyle
06-22-2014, 08:41 AM
So you were going 10 mph on a residential street while there was an oncoming vehicle? Why the hell didn't you just take the extra 10 seconds to brake in your lane, let the other car pass and go around the stupid sign that shouldn't have been there? That seems to be the sanest approach to the problem to solve.

I used to live on one of those narrow residential streets, wold never make code these days. We were always having to make allowances for things, lawn service truck and trailers, garbage trucks, neighbors rubbish cans. Our street was pretty much 130% of a single lane, not a true double lane. I had low life neighbors too.

That said, your neighbor sounds like a loose cannon. I'm not saying dance to the moron's tune but damn, you CHOSE to drive over his sign......twice? That doesn't make you a great neighbor either.

Now if I got it wrong and your speed was too high to stop in your lane without hitting something....well I'll just let you work on that one.

doc1876
06-22-2014, 10:31 AM
the trick to neighbors, is that you have to convince them you are crazy. That does not mean just sitting on the porch and shooting all day, I mean crazy, not legally so you can't enjoy your sport, just scary crazy. We can't shoot in town, but my neighbors have given me a lot of room for close to 25 years, and I live in a real bad part of town.

NavyVet1959
06-22-2014, 10:42 AM
the trick to neighbors, is that you have to convince them you are crazy. That does not mean just sitting on the porch and shooting all day, I mean crazy, not legally so you can't enjoy your sport, just scary crazy. We can't shoot in town, but my neighbors have given me a lot of room for close to 25 years, and I live in a real bad part of town.

Yep... Being known as "That Guy" has it's advantages... When one of my neighbors asked me what I was working on in my garage so late at night, I just replied, "explosive devices"...

Love Life
06-22-2014, 10:46 AM
Late one night, sneak over to his yard with a thing of Round Up. Spray it into the pattern of a ....body part. Go back to bed.

Over the next day or so as the grass dies and browns, joy will be brought to your life.

I mean, if we are discussing bad things to do to a neighbor, who was mad because somebody ran over his signs, we might as well bump it up to vandalism...right?

jonas302
06-22-2014, 10:50 AM
If you can't avoid an obstacle in the road or see it ahead of time you shouldn't be driving sitting behind the wheel doesn't give you the right to destroy anything in your path That's the difference with city folk I guess they don't have the time to be good neighbors treat everybody as you would want to be treated and you avoid confrontations like this so what if the signs are not supposed to be there stop and wait wave at your neighbor and have a nice happy day what if it was a dog or a child in the road just run it over not supposed to be there?

Assuming this incident happened as osteodoc described, he was definitely NOT the aggressor. He was the victim of someone who committed an illegal act.

So, it doesn't matter that the neighbor illegally impeded a public thoroughfare with a sign or structure? You are the one responsible if you collide with this road hazard?
You shouldn't collide with the road hazard that your neighbor intentionally placed in the roadway, even if it causes you to swerve into oncoming traffic?

I see this kind of attitude all the time here in Kali. Many here are more interested in protecting the perpetrator than the victim.

smokeywolf

osteodoc08
06-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Just for clarification, I really didn't notice the signs until I was right on top of them. I tend to be on the lookout for kids and animals. These were small flat darkly colored signs. I slowed down best I could but wasn't gonna slam on the brakes. There was also an oncoming car.

As far as I'm concerned, this incident is over and if this neighbor who lives at the front (I'm in the back) would ask me for help, I would do what I could. I typically don't hold grudges and while LL idea makes me smile, just isnt in my demeanor.

If he wants to push the issue and try to take me to court for something bogus, so be it. I'd hope the police report would show him to be the primary aggressor.

I guess what what made me so mad was that he chased me down in his car and attempted to block me off and intimidate me, something he's already attempted to do to my wife. Don't corner me and don't mess with my family. Period. Otherwise I'm a pretty easy going and peaceful guy.

Thanks for for letting me vent. Several interesting posts and comments. I love this place.

Love Life
06-22-2014, 10:54 AM
I seek peace, but had the man intimidated my wife or family...

jcwit
06-22-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm seriously wondering if some of the respondents here were raised as Amish or Mennonites.

Nothing against their religion, but they are known as total pacifists.

Love Life
06-22-2014, 11:03 AM
10 to 15 years ago when I was still trying to prove myself to the world, yeah, I would have thrown the guy a beat down. Nowadays I just take my sweet time in life and avoid confrontation.

NavyVet1959
06-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Late one night, sneak over to his yard with a thing of Round Up. Spray it into the pattern of a ....body part. Go back to bed.

Over the next day or so as the grass dies and browns, joy will be brought to your life.

I'm thinking that doing it with fertilizer might have a similar effect... That part of the "yard graffiti" would be greener and perhaps grow better.

NavyVet1959
06-22-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm seriously wondering if some of the respondents here were raised as Amish or Mennonites.

Nawh, it's just as you get older, you just realize that unless it is something that is worth killing the guy and his entire family, it's not worth the effort to get angry.

Well, there's that plus the way that they like to through that word "premeditation" around in court these days. :)

TXGunNut
06-22-2014, 12:25 PM

Not a total pacifist, just wise enough to realize it's not my purpose in life to administer butt-whippings to everyone that needs it. I've been in more than my share of scuffles and worse but in my present position I pick my battles very carefully, this guy and folks like him simply aren't worth the trouble.

Finster101
06-22-2014, 12:40 PM
10 to 15 years ago when I was still trying to prove myself to the world, yeah, I would have thrown the guy a beat down. Nowadays I just take my sweet time in life and avoid confrontation.

That and some of us don't heal up as quick as we used to either.

Artful
06-22-2014, 12:42 PM

I mean, if we are discussing bad things to do to a neighbor, who was mad because somebody ran over his signs, we might as well bump it up to vandalism...right?

I think the idea of this goes contra to him selling the house and moving away.

Love Life
06-22-2014, 01:19 PM
I think the idea of this goes contra to him selling the house and moving away.

Now you are just knit picking!!

starmac
06-22-2014, 01:21 PM
That and some of us don't heal up as quick as we used to either.

That is a big plus 1. lol That said these guys like this usually count on people letting them slide, and will continue to act the same way until they run across someone that doesn't put up with their bs.

NavyVet1959
06-22-2014, 02:41 PM
Now you are just knit picking!!

FYI -- It's "nitpicking" and is derived from the picking of nits (the eggs of lice, particularly head lice). It has nothing to do with knitting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitpicking

(trivia for today)

WallyM3
06-22-2014, 02:46 PM
Ah! All is revealed.

But seriously folks, I'd be inclined to actively establish my reputation as a stand up, sensible, even-keeled individual with the local LEs, and State's Attorney's office...just in case.

smokeywolf
06-22-2014, 03:31 PM
If you can't avoid an obstacle in the road or see it ahead of time you shouldn't be driving sitting behind the wheel doesn't give you the right to destroy anything in your path That's the difference with city folk I guess they don't have the time to be good neighbors treat everybody as you would want to be treated and you avoid confrontations like this so what if the signs are not supposed to be there stop and wait wave at your neighbor and have a nice happy day what if it was a dog or a child in the road just run it over not supposed to be there?

jonas302,

For the life of me, I don't understand why you would side with a bad neighbor who had already made threatening actions against another man's wife. Followed that by intentionally creating a road hazard, then gets aggressive toward the driver who's right-of-way he violated.

I've always thought of country/rural folk as being courteous and thoughtful of their neighbors; still do. Acting out in a threatening manner toward a neighbors wife doesn't fit that description.
Seems to me, osteodoc's neighbor was being anything but neighborly. I've always thought that to be more a part of the stereotype of city-folk.

smokeywolf

jmort
06-22-2014, 03:53 PM
I am with the O/P on this and surprised by the posts painting him as the bad guy.

mozeppa
06-22-2014, 04:14 PM
could always bake him a nice dutch chocolate cake as a fence mending gift.

laced with exlax.:dung_hits_fan:

roadie
06-22-2014, 04:17 PM
I am with the O/P on this and surprised by the posts painting him as the bad guy.

His stupid signs are still in the road and I wasn't gonna pass up another opportunity to run them over. (In hindsight I probably shouldn't have)

I could be wrong, but I'm thinkin this really doesn't help him much.

Gator 45/70
06-22-2014, 04:21 PM
I once had a bit of a problem with neighbors cutting across my yard and driveway thinking it's a public sidewalk, So I went to the coulée at the end of the street and killed a 2 ft cotton mouth brought it back and laid about a foot and a half across the cement with the head in the grass. Left it there for 2 weeks, Never had any problems with them in my driveway or cutting across it after that. That's how I roll, I let nature handle some problems.

jcwit
06-22-2014, 04:42 PM
A quote from me

This was what my above quote was about

jonas302 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?19773-jonas302)

jcwit
06-22-2014, 04:43 PM

As am I.

smokeywolf
06-22-2014, 05:44 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by osteodoc08

"I could be wrong, but I'm thinkin this really doesn't help him much."

roadie, you may be right. But, the antagonist had already chased down the OP's wife and laid a batch of profanity on her and now, as a result of committing an illegal, potentially dangerous and certainly unneighborly act, has gone on the attack as a result of a situation that he created.

People who ignore the law and their neighbor's rights and safety, are often encouraged to more profanity, more confrontation and even more violence when one of their victims "turns the other cheek".

smokeywolf

doctorggg
06-22-2014, 05:45 PM
I've given this a lot of thought since I read the OP'S story. I am with you Osteodoc. I probably would not have run over his signs a second time. However you handled his running you down with his truck much better than I might have. One just doesn't know until he is put in that position.

freebullet
06-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Hitting a fixed object is ticketable here.

Destruction of private property is also.

A 9 volt is not that important.

I would say you were both wrong, with blocking you in being dangerously wrong. I cant blame you for hitting his signs after giving your wife a hard time. He might have gotten something much worse had he come after my wife. She dont mess around when threatened and I won't either if you've been messing with her.

I had a neighbor years ago try to intimidate my wife before she had any training or experience with people like that. I immediately went to his house and made it well known that speaking to her that way would not be tolerated. It took a few years but we get along just fine now even though we are much different. Once he understood his threatening actions would be met with fury he calmed down. In fact I've taken his son shooting and his family prevented a fence fire from getting to our house.

I myself would have dealt with him when he confronted the wife. Since you didn't I would go do it now.

smokeywolf
06-22-2014, 09:10 PM
"Hitting a fixed object is ticketable here."

A sign that someone knowingly and intentionally places in a roadway and in the path of oncoming traffic, may qualify as an extenuating circumstance. That is, assuming that you have a rational minded judge making the call.

imashooter2
06-22-2014, 09:44 PM
You make it sound like the guy built a tank trap with his signs. He moved them out of the way of his lawn mower. That would mean in the gutter on the edge of the road. The OP could have easily avoided the whole incident by maintaining control of his vehicle, applying the brake, waiting for the oncoming traffic to clear and driving around the signs. He could have done this even if the signs were placed dead center in his lane.

Everything that happened after that... there was plenty of wrong to go around.

flyingmonkey35
06-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Well depending on where you live local city / county laws forbid the placing of Signs, cones, in the middle of the road / side of the road. unless placed by the city county etc.. You could have easily stated that the sign had done damage to your vehicle when it was struck and have him charged for repair costs.

The Neighbor will NEVER GET IT!! ever, you might as well piss in the wind or pound sand for all the good it will do ya.

"You can't Fix Stupid!"

jmort
06-22-2014, 10:09 PM
If the guy followed anyone's wife home he is scum in my book. As far as the incident involving the signs, we will all have to agree to disagree.

MaryB
06-22-2014, 10:17 PM
Or an outline of a body?

country gent
06-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Round up can be said to be vandalisim or destructive. Miricale grow makes a nisce dark shape and the grass grows much faster. Even mowing every day the color change stands out. When my sister turned forty I used a back pack sparyed and with miricale grow wrote in 3ft tall letters Lordy Lordy Guess whos Forty on the front of the hill in thier yard. It showed the whole summer and fall. No harm no foul nothing damaged. In a short time grass can be replaced with round up.

9w1911
06-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Blocking a road way is also illegal so,,,,,

smokeywolf
06-22-2014, 11:44 PM
Amazing how many think the guy who has "lived in this neighborhood peacefully for over 8 years." should placate and march to the tune of the creepy, aggressive, unneighborly neighbor.
Perhaps all these folks also think the creepy neighbor was probably justified in chasing the OP's wife down and shouting profanities at her.

smokeywolf

Col4570
06-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Radish seeds quickly establish on a lawn and can be placed in a pattern or sown randomly.Just saying.

doc1876
06-23-2014, 09:55 AM
a lot of hind site here, I know that in the heat of the moment WE ALL have done things we should not have. I think osyeodc09 was just trying to vent, and this was a safe place to do it. I also think he was looking for some one to say "you did good not killing him" I know it helped me when the cops told me that one fine day.

I am all for defending the little lady, however mine is quite capable of skinning a whole buffalo, so I think she can handle it herself. I just stay on the couch until dinner is ready.

we can help you send out energy or whatever that this clown sells soon, cause I have had bad neighbors, and they can ruin a happy place fast.

Cactus Farmer
06-23-2014, 06:57 PM
I once had to rent a condo in a bad neighborhood for a year while I was on some National Guard orders. I was temporarily a military cop augmentee for the year.

One day, I got back from a training exercise. I still had face paint on (camo), I was wearing my military issue guille suit, and a tactical drop holster on my thigh. I was very tired, as I hadn't slept in 2 days, and hadn't bothered to take the gear off before heading home.

So there I was, standing outside my door, having a smoke, wearing a guille suit, camo face paint, and openly carrying, and tired enough not to give a darn. Needless to say, I was left alone after that, with neighbors hiding from me as I approached from then on.

First,thank you for your service,second, I wish I could have lived in that neighborhood. We could have had them moving out in droves.;>)

starmac
06-24-2014, 03:03 AM
About 25 years back I was working on a job just east of Houston. I rented a cheap apartment in a seedy neighborhood to start with. This clown knocked on my door at 2 in the morning. I answerede the door in my underwear with a 44 in my hand, and he looked like something out of a cartoon. He was wearing a trench coat and when he opened it he had all kind of watches and jewelry hanging inside for sale. He told me he also took orders for bigger stuff, TV's Stereos, etc. I told him to come on in and we would talk, then went back in the bedroom and closed the door without turning any lights on. In a few minutes I hear mista come get this dog, I just yelled back telling him to not bother my dog. A few minutes later I hear mista, mista, please come get this dog, I told him to leave my dog alone and to shut up (maybe not quite so nice) as I was trying to sleep. This was on a saturday night, so I slept in and didn't get up till 6 am, he was in the corner standing on his tip toes, with that pit bull sitting about a foot in front of him. lol I opened the door,called off the dog, and told him to come back anytime, he left on the run, muttering something I couldn't understand, but nobody ever disturbed my sleep for the next few months I lived there. lol