PDA

View Full Version : Colt SAA 44-40 value?

Cornbread
06-20-2014, 05:08 PM
What is a Colt SAA 44-40 pistol in pristine(as in sitting in a glass case probably rarely even held) condition worth? My neighbor up the road has one at his garage sale for $1,100. That's way too steep for me for a caliber I don't shoot or desire but I wondered if that is a good price. Real nice gentleman and his wife. I just met the for the 1st time today and it made me curious to know the guns real value.

Love Life
06-20-2014, 05:11 PM
I would already own it and would have it listed on gunbroker to make me a few extra hundred dollars.

reed1911
06-20-2014, 05:45 PM
1500.00+ depending on the year it was made.

scattershot
06-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Snap it up, and worry about the value later.

6bg6ga
06-20-2014, 05:55 PM
It also depends on the shape of it and how good it functions. Just because its a SAA doesn't automatically mean its worth it weight in gold. There are gems and there are dogs.

Check the timing and lock up.

Cornbread
06-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Thanks guys. I figured it was probably worth more I just didn't know how much more. If I had that kind of cash I'd certainly buy it, but as nice as it is I probably wouldn't be able to turn it around and resell it. It's just too beautiful.

I sent the wife up to take a look for stuff as I have to be working more yet today and I just ran up there on a short break. She came back with an antique folding chair for putting one of her plants on, a really nice stainless steel thermos for me, and a special kind of pot for putting on of her African violets in for $3 total. She's good at getting deals like that.

I hope somebody nice buys the gun. It deserves as nice a home as he has given it over the years.

smkummer
06-20-2014, 06:07 PM
It is probably a good buy if its a 3rd generation. If its anything earlier, its a great buy. If your buying to trade into the caliber and configuration you want (barrel length and finish), then it won't move as easy as 45 Colt.