PDA

View Full Version : Saeco Lubri-Sizer.....What am I Doing Wrong?

bonza
06-20-2014, 09:20 AM
Many years ago, on another continent, I had years of good service from my old RCBS lube/sizer. A few months ago I decided to buy another lube/sizer & was going to go with another RCBS, but decided to give the Saeco a try instead. At the time I bought a .455" & a .459" die along with a top punch which would suit both bullet styles I am currently using. Until this morning I have only used the Saeco to size/lube .455 Webley 265gn RN bullets which it has done an ok job with. Today I switched over to the .459" die to lube some LEE 500gn Spire Points, only to find that the bullet won't fit in the space between the top punch & die! Now this is a fairly long bullet, but I cannot imagine this tool wasn't designed to accept such a size. I've tried adjusting everything I can get my hands on, but still cannot get a large enough 'window' to fit the bullet in without removing the top punch. What am I missing here?!

BABore
06-20-2014, 09:37 AM
I've made most of my own top punches and shortened them accordingly to eliminate this issue. Can you use a flat faced TP for this boolit style? How much are you shy of fitting? Can you trim back the existing TP? The up stroke window is controlled by the bottom rod tie plate that contacts the stop rod. I drilled and tapped mine for a 1/4-20 set screw to contact the push rod then spaced my tie plate off of the guide rod end with a nut. All a timing thing along with the TP length.