PDA

View Full Version : I just flabbergasted the foreman at the local powder coating place

dbosman
06-19-2014, 04:44 PM
I called, introduced my self, and explained what I was looking for (over spray) and what I wanted it for. He was astounded. I'm on vacation next week so I'll meet him one morning.

That was fun.

MrWolf
06-19-2014, 06:46 PM
See if he will give you the overspray and filter powder. You don't want to get any contaminates from the blasting, etc.. I also asked my guy if he had any leftover virgin powder but they run everything through. Good luck and hope it works for ya.

RP
06-19-2014, 08:08 PM
I found a guy that PC on a small scale stuff like car rims and bike frames and he always has powder that is not used but not enough to do another job. Something to keep in mind you need to keep the powder sealed and away from any moisture or heat like we get here in the upper 90s I keep mine in the fridge out in the shop.

Beagle333
06-19-2014, 09:42 PM
It's humid as a swamp here..... well... it is a swamp here. :roll: I keep mine in ziplocks that are in Tupperware containers with a bag of RemDry in each one.

I imagine if they got damp at all, it'd be Piglet time for me again!:|

MrWolf
06-20-2014, 11:17 AM
RP thanks for the tip as I didn't think if that. I will probably put everything into ziplock gallon bags for storage.

fastfire
06-20-2014, 12:27 PM
It's Purdy dry here, Last time I checked the humidity was 35%. Couple weeks ago it was 14%.
I can leave the powder coat containers open with no clumping.
Hands need lotion once in a while though.

nframe
06-26-2014, 11:10 PM
I have been using mixed white and black overspray from where my cousin used to work. I have over a gallon tub of it. I have been tumbling for a few minutes and dumping through a 1/4 hardware cloth basket the size of a toaster oven tray with a shake or two to remove excess powder back into the container I store it in. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes with generally good results. Don't know the brand of powder. The white looked really good when he did some with the ES method before he got laid off.