PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions on a new reloading book

Bonz
06-19-2014, 08:48 AM
HORNADY (http://www.sinclairintl.com/manufacturers/HORNADY/index.htm) - 9th EDITION HANDBOOK OF CARTRIDGE RELOADING
Has anyone looked thru this reloading manual ? If so, is it a good source and worth the money ? Many looking for reloading recipes.

I do have and use the "Modern Reloading Second Edition by Richard Lee" and I load mostly pistol cartridges.

06-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Depends if you are looking for jacketed or cast load information.

If jacketed, it has load information for the latest cartridges using the latest powders. I particularly like that they have loads specifically for the Garand.

If for cast, you won't go wrong by getting both the 3rd and 4th editions of Lyman's Cast Bullet Handbook.

If for jacketed and cast, buy both the 45th and 49th editions of Lyman Reloading Handbook.

joesig
06-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Are you going to shoot Hornady jacketed bullets? If so, then it's nice to have.

If you are going to shoot cast, Lee and Lyman will work.

Don't forget powder manufacturers have their data on line for free.

Bonz
06-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Are you going to shoot Hornady jacketed bullets?

I shoot 100% jacketed in my .500 revolver only, due to the compensators.

I have a Lyman 49th Reloading Handbook but it doesn't seem to have as many powders & bullets as the 'modern reloading second edition' does

dragon813gt
06-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Only worth it if you load their bullets. I have the entire collection because I use their bullets. I didn't see any difference between the 8th and 9th for the cartridges I load for.

Bonz
06-19-2014, 02:36 PM
Thanks to everyone for their input. Think I'll just stick to the 2 that I have and the online recipes...