PDA

View Full Version : Drama.....so over rated...

hithard
06-16-2014, 11:57 PM
i'm sorry to see people leave this forum, all people. Well not all.

But save the drama for the drama forum,

If you want real control over a forum, make people one that you have to be invited to, and don't invite the unwanted. Problem solved.

Catshooter
06-17-2014, 12:07 AM
I agree.

Drama queens are such a bore. If I decided that I just couldn't take here any more, I'd just not log on. Big deal.

Yawn.

Cat

FLINTNFIRE
06-17-2014, 01:06 AM
And the above 2 posts say it all, if I do not like it well I will quit logging in , stop in to lurk and do not post , actually if there were less posts with nothing to contribute there would be more bandwidth for casting, any way why do not we all start more mentoring and helping and less bickering . Please let us all work towards more information about the hobby we like and less dissension among us . I lurked here long before joining as I am not a joiner and I do not post all the time , but I want the information to passed back and forth , to each their own and your mileage may vary , but let us abide by the terms of service and the site owners policies , and in that same vein , let us try to not post to cause drama or rain on someones profession or thoughts , thank you for being a site where I could find lube recipes , flux ideas , alloys , sizing , annealing and even some humor , swapping and selling , the reason I stopped lurking and joined .I too miss Jim from floyd , always enjoyed his posts , and some others , o.k. my 2 cents have a nice night .

ssnow
06-17-2014, 01:38 AM
So you start a thread that will be nothing but more of the same ? :)

Fine!!! That's it, I've had enough and I am leaving.

See you tomorrow :)

ssnow
06-17-2014, 11:44 AM
It's tomorrow. Yea!!!!!!! I'm back. Man, that was a long time to be without the forum. It is fortunate that I do not view the owners right to control what is posted here as an infringement of my rights. Otherwise what would I do? The withdrawal symptoms would be terrible :)

foesgth
06-17-2014, 01:52 PM
It's tomorrow. Yea!!!!!!! I'm back. Man, that was a long time to be without the forum. It is fortunate that I do not view the owners right to control what is posted here as an infringement of my rights. Otherwise what would I do? The withdrawal symptoms would be terrible :)

Nice to have you back we missed you!

montana_charlie
06-17-2014, 04:30 PM
It's tomorrow. Yea!!!!!!! I'm back.
Nice to have you back we missed you!
I also missed you, but only because you first stopped in to say that you were leaving.
Without that dramatic move on your part, I would have missed all of the drama ... while not even knowing that I was missing you.

Doc_Stihl
06-17-2014, 04:34 PM
:popcorn:
Makes like a detective novel to try and find out what all the cryptic rants are about.
As I tell my 7 yr old daughter when she's having a hissy fit. "The drama is strong in you" (In my best darth vader voice)

ssnow
06-17-2014, 05:56 PM
I also missed you, but only because you first stopped in to say that you were leaving.
Without that dramatic move on your part, I would have missed all of the drama ... while not even knowing that I was missing you.

Montana Charlie and Foesgth; Men with a sense of humor !!! I like it :)

Being a newer member myself (relatively speaking), I do not "know" our member who has expressed such dissatisfaction as to announce his leaving. So I won't miss him, as I never knew him.

But I do know what he will be missing if he leaves, he will be missing out on the camaraderie with a great bunch of people; He will be missing the opportunity to teach, the opportunity to learn. He will be missing out on the satisfaction of helping others on their journey. He will take away my opportunity to know him, and that of all the others still to join.

Why? Because of misplaced anger with a Mod who was only doing the job he is honor bound to do.

Seems sad to me.

I urge him to reconsider, as I feel he will later regret this decision. But if he will not, then I wish him the best of luck down whatever roads life holds for him.

ssnow
06-17-2014, 06:02 PM
As I tell my 7 yr old daughter when she's having a hissy fit. "The drama is strong in you" (In my best darth vader voice)

Oh yeah Doc, I am so going to borrow that line :)

enfield
06-17-2014, 06:47 PM
Montana Charlie, how are you going to celebrate your 15,000th post ?

montana_charlie
06-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Montana Charlie, how are you going to celebrate your 15,000th post ?
Uhh ... gee!
I was unaware that I was about to reach that milestone.

I suppose I'll brag about it a little while I'm out among the cows.
They always enjoy unusual news when chewing their morning cuds.

On the other hand, maybe I'll use it to log on and say that I'm leaving forever ... er sumpthin'.

CM

JSnover
06-17-2014, 07:28 PM
But save the drama for the drama forum.
Brilliant! Put it between Humor and Politics. If anyone needs to piss and moan about how unfair life is, that's the place.

Hamish
06-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Makes like a detective novel to try and find out what all the cryptic rants are about.

Post of the month right there,,,,,,,

montana_charlie
06-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Brilliant! Put it between Humor and Politics. If anyone needs to pi$$ and moan about how unfair life is, that's the place.
The Complaint Department already exists in that area, and I has tons of space available.

CM

NewbieDave007
06-17-2014, 11:07 PM

I tell both my kids "Suck it up Buttercup!". I must say it enough because all I have to do now is ask them what they think I'll say and then they will say it to themselves.

I may have to save yours for later if mine stops working.

Duckiller
06-18-2014, 01:15 AM
Some of the the "Drama Queens" were long term members that contributed a lot to this board. I believe that they felt for the good of the board they would explain why they left and not just fade into the night. Before you attack them too much think about what you will do when your ox is being gored.

jaystuw
06-18-2014, 01:52 AM
Drama is like a train wreak, no one wants it to happen. But when it does, everybody stops by to have a look. All the action and commotion is interesting and , for lack of a better word - entertaining. Jay

Ajax
06-18-2014, 07:18 AM
Threads like this in my opinion is the reason the old guys are leaving. We used to be a forum who cared for others and acted as such. With all the new people t seems everyone is on guard any more. I believe a forum has to evolve to survive but evolution does not mean change.

Andy

knobster
06-18-2014, 07:50 AM

Hah! I'm going to use that one!

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Drama is like a train wreak, no one wants it to happen. But when it does, everybody stops by to have a look. All the action and commotion is interesting and , for lack of a better word - entertaining. Jay

from the 'other' thread...

Yeah, some of the postings have been less than inspired, but for the most part this has been an excellent "drama" thread.

We speak of how we are here for knowledge and comradery. But after seeing almost 200 post and over 7000 views, I think that a strong argument could be made that we also like a good, knock down, drag out, barroom brawl thread.

We have a number of members on cast bollits that are remarkably talented at on-line rough housing. Its to bad we can't put such talent to use .Maybe have one day a month set aside. A day were the mods give us a clear track to show off our skills in close combat on the key board! A chance to see who best welds the typed word as a sword or a club. A no holds barred thread in "our town" that promises huge drama in a small space for a limited time. No pit needed, Just lots of popcorn.

Of course my suggestion will be greeted with a storm of rage and ridicule. but watch, watch as the view count on this used up thread again climbs. It climbs because a plate of knowledge and comradery is sometimes best served with some spicy hot peppers while watching a demolition derby. Jay
NOT GONNA HAPPEN HERE.

But, if you desire such, PM me your facebook name, I'll send you a friend request and you can join in (or watch) as my liberal brother and I, usually have a knockdown, dragout POST and COMMENT war about once a week on whatever the HOT topic is in the headlines.

Ajax
06-18-2014, 09:03 AM
^^^^ this is the best post i have seen in years. :bigsmyl2:

Andy

JSnover
06-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Threads like this in my opinion is the reason the old guys are leaving.

Andy

Now you mention it, I do have less of tolerance, the older I get.
I took almost two years off for a couple of reasons, one of which was the whiners and pot-stirrers. But I didn't fire any parting shots or try to get other members to beg me to stay (i'd bet that's what some of these drama queens are angling for).

JSnover
06-18-2014, 05:40 PM
The Complaint Department already exists in that area, and I has tons of space available.

CM

Yeah but it asks for a password to get in. So, what now? Is this my cue to throw a fit and blame the mods, claim my rights are being violated?

montana_charlie
06-18-2014, 06:24 PM
Yeah but it asks for a password to get in. So, what now? Is this my cue to throw a fit and blame the mods, claim my rights are being violated?
I see that it shows no threads or posts, but I never delved into it far enough to learn that.
I tried my forum password, but that doesn't get me in.
So, I guess a person needs to be 'special' to have access.
Maybe one must be a certified whiner ...

CM

Charlie Two Tracks
06-18-2014, 07:06 PM
If I get a little bent out of shape with things, I go to the chapel area here and read the posts of people who are hurting, facing their last days, have family or money problems and my things just don't stack up against cancer or some other terminal disease or financial ruin. That gets me straightened out real quick. What a very nice forum we have here. I need to always remember that.

Hamish
06-18-2014, 07:22 PM
I see that it shows no threads or posts, but I never delved into it far enough to learn that.
I tried my forum password, but that doesn't get me in.
So, I guess a person needs to be 'special' to have access.
Maybe one must be a certified whiner ...

CM

My wife thinks I'm kind of "speshul",,,,,,besides, you guys need to take a number, I'm still addressing customer number 2's complaint, and it's been so long since I paid attention that I forgot who it was,,,,

psychicrhino
06-18-2014, 09:34 PM
I wish there could be one place where all these threads could be put together. Then I could binge read on them without hunting around. Not that they are hard to find thse days.

oneokie
06-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Scroll down to the bottom of the main index page to the "Castboolits Statistics" section and note the number of members. Just below that is the "Newest Member" area. Cursor over that name and down in the lower left of the screen will be a number. Compare the two numbers and ponder the diffenence.

45 2.1
06-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Threads like this in my opinion is the reason the old guys are leaving. We used to be a forum who cared for others and acted as such. With all the new people it seems everyone is on guard any more. I believe a forum has to evolve to survive but evolution does not mean change.

Andy

As you grow to a ripe old age, you may find that your analysis is a bit skewed on this. This older group was going at this ten years before you joined with views and attitude quite different than what you've listed. Different generations have different views on things. It seems most here missed what the OP actually said in his only post. And..... evolution does mean change, you just don't realize it yet............... change is not for the good most all of the time.

nola jack
06-19-2014, 10:43 AM
It seems like this type of thing is a universal trend on forums. Every forum I'm a member of is changing, running off the old timers, not what it used to be, etc. Every one that I've seen has something to do with a poster doing something against the rules and either getting a ban, *** chew, deleted post, etc. Either every forum I visit is changing and going down the tubes or a few people think that because they or their buddy got their wrist slapped on the internet. I haven't seen whatever propagated this thread, but I'd wager it follows the same lines.

jaystuw
06-20-2014, 11:49 PM

NOT GONNA HAPPEN HERE.

But, if you desire such, PM me your facebook name, I'll send you a friend request and you can join in (or watch) as my liberal brother and I, usually have a knockdown, dragout POST and COMMENT war about once a week on whatever the HOT topic is in the headlines.

JonB That's an interesting offer, but I believe it is based on the completely reasonable assumption that I am a conservative. such is not the case. I am every bit as left as your brother. And You know what they say," put two liberals together and in 5 min. they are best friends". And 5 min after that we go to work to make YOU a liberal best friend! Jay

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-21-2014, 07:47 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=2824096#post2824096)

NOT GONNA HAPPEN HERE.

JonB That's an interesting offer, but I believe it is based on the completely reasonable assumption that I am a conservative. such is not the case. I am every bit as left as your brother. And You know what they say," put two liberals together and in 5 min. they are best friends". And 5 min after that we go to work to make YOU a liberal best friend! Jay

Jay,
I was 99.99% sure you were Liberal, from the posts of yours that I've read, and that's OK with me.

A bit of backstory...
My Brother (coincidentally, also named Jay) and myself seem to fall in line with the old Aesop fable of the city mouse and the country mouse. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Town_Mouse_and_the_Country_Mouse
He refers to the City he works in and lives at the edge of, "his Beloved Detroit". To me, a small town boy, that statement so telling of our differences. I love my small town and the friendly community that it is, but I am no small town 'rube'.

My motivation for my invite to you is not an attempt to convert my brother to conservationism that could go afoul as you suggest. It is merely what it was, an invite to move Drama from a place that is looking to avoid it, to a place that welcomes it. But I will admit that there is the side benefit of having another pro-gun rights FB friend on my list...I am assuming you ARE pro "individual" gun rights? Because I am overwhelmingly outgunned (pardon the pun) in those (the most important) discussions.

My offer still stands
Jon

JSnover
06-21-2014, 08:20 AM
Blaming the new guys isn't going to cut it. Without them the forum wouldn't last long.
As problematic as it seems, The Pit serves a valid purpose. Anyone who has trouble with rules and standards can post there and if/when they get slapped, they either learn a lesson or leave. The rest of the site remains relatively drama-free.
And if it works better in theory than in practice, add the offender to your Ignore lost and move on.

jaystuw
06-23-2014, 01:24 AM
Jay,
I was 99.99% sure you were Liberal, from the posts of yours that I've read, and that's OK with me.

A bit of backstory...
My Brother (coincidentally, also named Jay) and myself seem to fall in line with the old Aesop fable of the city mouse and the country mouse. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Town_Mouse_and_the_Country_Mouse
He refers to the City he works in and lives at the edge of, "his Beloved Detroit". To me, a small town boy, that statement so telling of our differences. I love my small town and the friendly community that it is, but I am no small town 'rube'.

My motivation for my invite to you is not an attempt to convert my brother to conservationism that could go afoul as you suggest. It is merely what it was, an invite to move Drama from a place that is looking to avoid it, to a place that welcomes it. But I will admit that there is the side benefit of having another pro-gun rights FB friend on my list...I am assuming you ARE pro "individual" gun rights? Because I am overwhelmingly outgunned (pardon the pun) in those (the most important) discussions.

My offer still stands
Jon

I'm a big city mouse Jon,but Los Angeles is enough of a rat race that I wonder if the country mice may of made a better choice by staying clear of L.A. and cities like it.

And yes. I am very much pro gun rights! Guns and shooting have a powerful pull on me. Enough that I simply ignore the liberal leadership and do as I please. Others do the same. Even within the democratic party, a politician that hates guns has to tread lightly. I would rather vote republican than support our anti-gun lefties.

Anyway Jon, I'd would like to take you up on your offer, But its already late here, I should get to bed. (I'm a electric utility lineman, so I have to be heads up in the morning) I will pm you tomorrow! Jay

blackthorn
06-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Jay---There is nothing worse that being screwed-over by folks you admire and trust! I hope you never have to pay the price for keeping your head in the sand! Good luck!

gray wolf
06-23-2014, 06:29 PM
You know what they say," put two liberals together and in 5 min. they are best friends". And 5 min after that we go to work to make YOU a liberal best friend!
Gonna take longer than 5 Min. I suggest bringing a very large lunch, perhaps a snack or two and maybe some dinner. [smilie=l: :bigsmyl2:

starmac
06-24-2014, 09:24 PM
A Cali liberal and gun rights advocate, is an oxymoron. There is not even a remote possibility of being both.
You would have to have a wild imagination to even think it.

TXGunNut
06-24-2014, 09:57 PM
Jay is like a lot of Democrats, he's a nice enough guy that shares our 2A views but he supports politicians that ultimately toe the party line. OTOH the Republicans haven't given me much to smile about lately. Bottom line, IMHO Jay's a good guy. Intelligent, well spoken...just doesn't see things the way most of us do. I can live with that. Folks that agree with me 100% of the time bore me. I don't come here to talk politics anyway.