PDA

View Full Version : question for the electronic guys here

rmatchell
06-15-2014, 11:33 PM
I get permanent magnet motors from work and I have been trying to figure out how to make power out of them. I was told at first that they are servo motors but I'm wondering if they are just steppers. I can turn them by hand and get over 100 volts at .250 amps but that is on one side so I'm wondering how to wire these to work for me.

If anybody knows anything about using these motors to produce power I could use a little guidance.

AlaskanGuy
06-15-2014, 11:37 PM
I have what you need sir....

pm pm me your email addy, and I will hook ya up...

AG

rmatchell
06-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the great information.

I still dont understand the data plate or the color code for the wires. I can use a meter to pick out the three pairs but not sure what to do with them.

silverado
06-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Do you know what the motor originally came from? That would be a big help. Just a WAG but the number of wires to me it looks like it could probably be a stepper motor. What I have seen in the Navy dc motors have 2 wires and ac have 3 for 3 phase normally. Industrial would not be too far off as far as I understand. How many of those wires go to something outside of the motor I cannot really tell from the pics. If you have a 3 phase motor you would have 3 line connections to hook up.

rmatchell
06-18-2014, 10:23 PM
I think your are right about it being a stepper motor. The motors are used on IS machines to put bottles on the conveyer.