View Full Version : Just got my new Lyman 4500

hickfu
06-14-2014, 04:11 PM
I just got the Lyman 4500 and a couple of the size/lube dies and wanted to see how it works.... It works AWESOME! I lubed some boolits in 5 to 6 minutes that would have taken me an hour to do pan lubing... This thing is probably the best thing I have purchased since I started casting and lubing boolits..

Ok, I know there will be some of you PC guys looking here but try not to flame me too badly.. They were the only boolits I had sitting around to do and I really wanted to give the Lyman a try!!

I figure I will load these up for some fun plinking, I love the lube/sizer! I will never pan lube again..

EDIT: dont look at the ring around the nose!!! I dont have the correct punch so I used the punch from a 9mm TC boolit :veryconfu

Doc

dragon813gt
06-14-2014, 04:17 PM
Now when you get tired of how slow it is you will buy a Star. Ask me how I know ;)

hickfu
06-14-2014, 05:04 PM
LOL, yeah I know! I just didnt have that kind of money to spend right now.... Maybe in the future I will be able to own a Star.

Doc

Kevinakaq
06-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Congrats Doc, I know you have quite a bit of fun in front of you. I had been tumble lubing and using Lee sizing dies for quite a while and only recently (two months ago) invested in a Lyman 4500 for my rifle loads. Not looking back one bit and enjoying myself immensely. As far as upgrading I do believe a lot of people are still using their Lyman 45's and quite content doing so. Upgrading isn't all it's cracked up to be, learn what you have and perfect it. If it doesn't meet your needs once you have mastered it then think about replacing. Now if I would listen to my own advice as well!!!

Regardless it is such fun to learn something new and I'm right there with ya partner learning myself.

Enjoy!!!
Kevin