PDA

View Full Version : Lee Shaver's work...wow!

omgb
06-14-2014, 10:10 AM
I purchased a NIB H&R Trapdoor Officers model last year and have been shooting it all this time with my BP loads. Accuracy has been exceptional but...the trigger was really bad. The pull was in excess of 11 pounds and very gritty with loads of creep. I sent the gun off to Lee Shaver 4 weeks ago for a trigger job and got it back Thursday. I requested 3 pounds pull with minimal creep. Well, it's right on 3 lbs and it's as crisp and creep free as a target rifle. This was just outstanding work in a very short turn around. Total cost from Lee was $113 with shipping included. That gentlemen was a bargain. My hat's off to Lee. I can't recommend him enough.

R Talley

Tatume
06-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Yes, Lee Shaver runs a good shop.
Take care, Tom

chill45100
06-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Lee has done a trigger job on several of my rifles and all are now exceptional.

Jim Flinchbaugh
06-14-2014, 11:01 AM
His globe site inserts are light years better than Lymans as well

fouronesix
06-14-2014, 12:26 PM
The one time I called Lee Shaver about a sight modification for an original 1874 Sharps, he answered the phone himself, was knowledgeable, polite and knew exactly what I was talking about and did exactly what was needed. First rate individual and shop.

Every other sight maker/distributer I called either didn't care, didn't know, talked down to me, was rude, wasn't interested or didn't care to know or help- and we all know who they are- even the highly touted Montana based ones.

omgb
06-14-2014, 12:57 PM
I had asked about swapping out the tang sight that comes on the gun with one of his. He advised me that if I did, the only model that would fit folded forward and I might find that a problem. I agreed. He cost himself a sale but won a life-long customer.