PDA

View Full Version : Format change???

mikeym1a
06-12-2014, 05:59 PM
not sure where to post this. When I logged on this afternoon, the front page looked different. Up to this point, when I would log on, In the upper right corner, there would be an item saying something like '..Unread Posts..'. Click on it, and anything new would show up from any forum. It's not there today. Anybody have any idea what has happened?

mikey

BK7saum
06-12-2014, 06:03 PM
I would like to know as well. I rarely go to a specific forum, but rather browse the new unread posts.

340six
06-12-2014, 06:12 PM
the chat button must be there i just can not find it. It has changed some

gtgeorge
06-12-2014, 06:23 PM
You can find the "New Posts" under the quick links until/if they put it back.

Blammer
06-12-2014, 07:18 PM
No advertisers, that I see.

tazman
06-12-2014, 07:57 PM
I've got a big banner ad at the top saying I have a 2 week notice to renew on my subscription to cast boolits. I never paid anything when I joined. I thought this site was free except for team boolit members and vendors.

jonp
06-12-2014, 08:08 PM
I saw the banner also about the subscription. I logged out and went back to the site and its still there so i think itsbs glitch. I pm'd about it. I gave when the fund drive was on but if it is turning into a pay site i guess ill have to go elsewhere.

nagantguy
06-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Noticed it was acting odd and looking different and as for paying fer member ship, I'd give. I pay 17.95 a year fer guns the rag I get much more from here and spend much more time

alamogunr
06-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Ads are back as well as the "unread posts".

jonp
06-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Glitch. So is the chat.

tazman
06-12-2014, 09:43 PM
The banner about subscription is gone too.

Gunload Master
06-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Its back to normal, dont worry about the subscription banner. Software updated.

mikeym1a
06-12-2014, 11:29 PM
I've got a big banner ad at the top saying I have a 2 week notice to renew on my subscription to cast boolits. I never paid anything when I joined. I thought this site was free except for team boolit members and vendors.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but, my memory isn't what it used to be. I do remember making a donation for site maintenance, but that was all. However, when I logged back in just now, the front page seems to be back to normal. mikey

blackthorn
06-13-2014, 12:41 PM
By now, most, if not all of us should be aware that site changes are taking place! Maybe we should all be a bit patient and not be too quick to jump on every little glitch that pops up? In the last few days there have been several threads of this ilk started and each time someone had to take time to tell us the problem was being addressed. Every time one of us makes an issue of something, the powers that be have to take time to reply or those threads seem prone to "bust the angst meter". Time replying to threads that, while they contain legitimate concerns, are most likely to be "in process" means less time the overworked folks at the top have to spend actually fixing the glitches.

alamogunr
06-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Not so much "angst" about the site as "angst" about my outdated computer. By now I should know more about how computers react to various conditions but I still am suspicious of everything that changes.

I dread having to buy a new system.

SSGOldfart
06-13-2014, 01:34 PM
I saw the banner also about the subscription. I logged out and went back to the site and its still there so i think itsbs glitch. I pm'd about it. I gave when the fund drive was on but if it is turning into a pay site i guess ill have to go elsewhere.
Hummm,
well Jon we all have different interest with how we use our free-time but, look at this way how much would you spend in a years time on Mag's and books ?I'm more inclined to pay for a membership then another book on casting, this site provides much more than a book would ever be able to provide. I've not found another site that gives this type of information:lovebooli

s mac
06-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Hummm,
well Jon we all have different interest with how we use our free-time but, look at this way how much would you spend in a years time on Mag's and books ?I'm more inclined to pay for a membership then another book on casting, this site provides much more than a book would ever be able

to provide. I've not found another site that gives this type of information:lovebooli

My thoughts exactly Bob.

SSGOldfart
06-13-2014, 02:07 PM
just another thought a paid membership might help with keeping out the trolls too, something to think about.8-)

foesgth
06-13-2014, 03:10 PM
just another thought a paid membership might help with keeping out the trolls too, something to think about.8-)
It wasn't long after I stated reading the stickies on this site I figured it was worth the team boolits donation. I would hate to lose any members over charging for use, however there is no free lunch. My low end membership to team boolits is less than $1 a month. Come on jonp a Big Gulp soda is $.99.

mrbill2
06-13-2014, 07:59 PM
At 71 I'm not going to start paying for it now!