PDA

View Full Version : Ruger 4" Redhawk Now Available!

AlaskaMike
01-16-2008, 03:45 PM
It was pointed out to me on another forum that Ruger is now selling the new 4" barrel Redhawk in .45 Colt!

Awesome news! It doesn't appear that you can order it via their website yet like you can the .44 Mag version, but they are advertising it.

Mike

Bass Ackward
01-16-2008, 05:29 PM
It was pointed out to me on another forum that Ruger is now selling the new 4" barrel Redhawk in .45 Colt!

Awesome news! It doesn't appear that you can order it via their website yet like you can the .44 Mag version, but they are advertising it.

Mike

Mike,

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=89708966

AlaskaMike
01-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Cool! I've already found one on Gunsamerica.com too.

Mike

C A Plater
01-16-2008, 11:14 PM
I looked for a Redhawk in .45 for quite a while with out luck. I got myself a S&W Mountain Gun instead as a consolation. Good to see Ruger finally bring them back although I no longer am in the market being quite happy with the Smith.

Crosshair
01-17-2008, 03:10 AM
SWEET!!!!!!. :drinks: Will these guns be able to handle "Ruger Only" handloads? Being that they are built on the 44 mag frame, I can't see why they wouldn't. Would go nicely with my 7.5" Ruger Vaquero.

9.3X62AL
01-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Redhawks have been generally reputed to be at least as strong as Ruger Blackhawks in a given caliber. My BisHawk x 45 Colt provides nearly all the recoil entertainment I care for, thank you--and I suspect the Redhawk would be similarly recreational.

The Redhawk x 4" is a great idea, although I'm not going to jettison my current 5.5" in 44 Magnum to get one in either 44 or 45. I've debated swapping the Redhawk for a BisHawk in 44 Mag for a couple years, but that idea is moving with the speed of a glacier. The Redhawk is a NICE 44 Magnum platform--a little heavy, but S&W 629 carry weights have spoiled me rotten. You give up a pretty significant power potential with the S&W compared to the Redhawk, though--EVERYTHING COSTS SOMETHING, whether it be in weight or strength. My own "boundaries" with the S&W N-frame is to limit velocities to 1200 FPS range with the 240-250 grain boolits/bullets as per Elmer Keith's caveat ("1200 FPS is all you need"), both out of concern for the platform and for my comfort level. The Redhawk is an all-day revolver with full-strength 240-250 loads (1400 FPS-class). My own view is that the Bisley Blackhawk stock grips handle recoil better than the plow-handle Blackhawk or SAA and either the Ruger or S&W double-actions, regardless of grip installed. Very subjective, that last.

I'm not real fond of the new grips shown on the new-series Redhawks, but I haven't handled one to get a feel for them yet. I had a tough time finding a grip I liked on the Redhawk--the Michaels neoprenes seem to fit me best. If the grips fit me well, I'm not real concerned about aesthetics.

Just my dos centavos-worth.