PDA

View Full Version : What's been the problem with the Forum?

Dale53
06-11-2014, 08:36 AM
I couldn't get on in the last few days. Nothing wrong with my computer, the site was down. I got worried...

Things seem to be working fine, now.

Dale53

plmitch
06-11-2014, 08:43 AM
No problem here. Seems to be the smoothest its ever run.

captaint
06-11-2014, 08:54 AM
I had issues yesterday also. By later in the afternoon, it was fixed, though.

gtgeorge
06-11-2014, 09:14 AM
I am sure that some got ip blocked as did I trying to reply to an important PM. Had to change ip addresses to get back in but the problems replying continued for days. I wonder just how many members got blocked due to the problems?

M-Tecs
06-11-2014, 09:14 AM
I could get to it from work and my phone but for the past three day no joy from home. I had to clear and reset all histories and cookies.

brstevns
06-11-2014, 09:44 AM
I had problems yesterday but working this morning?

Love Life
06-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Can't post JPEG photos...

SSGOldfart
06-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Guess I got blocked for a couple of days???????

Working now

sthwestvictoria
06-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Could not log on at the start of the week from a Windows computer but now can. Although I can now reply to threads, cannot post pictures. So I have been using a third party website tinypic.com to host the images and post the link in my replies. Downside is the image is not on the castboolit site for posterity.

freebullet
06-11-2014, 04:54 PM

Me too. I post pics a lot, threads get boring without eyecandy. I hope that gets worked out soon.

Smoke4320
06-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Right now the only way I can get pics to post is to load them on a picture hosting site then copy and paste as {img} file name {img}

chambers
06-11-2014, 06:02 PM
I had issues several days ago, could not log in anywhere, but now I can.

Mod42
06-11-2014, 08:09 PM
I have not had any problems with Castboolits, but cast data has been a problem for several days. I can get on the site and look at most everything except the load data. Hoping this gets corrected soon!!

Gunload Master
06-11-2014, 08:14 PM
I had security setup that was blocking legitmate members. That security has been updated and should not be affecting members now. What issues do you have with photos?

M-Tecs
06-11-2014, 08:44 PM
I get a messsage from webpage "the following errors occurred: thCAU0QS1.jpg: This is not a valid image file"

This happens with any image I try to upload.

What is the default font and size. If I cut and paste is always changes?

Bad Water Bill
06-11-2014, 09:36 PM
From what I have read lately Gunload Master (Willy) and his tireless crew of volunteers have been trying to make major changes here to improve the site.

Yes there have been a few oopses as they are adding many things including security to keep this the greatest site on the internet.

I just wish there were someway to give them a month off to go shooting.

They really deserve it.

Thank you for all your hard work guys.:drinks:

Dale53
06-12-2014, 10:04 AM
From what I have read lately Gunload Master (Willy) and his tireless crew of volunteers have been trying to make major changes here to improve the site.

Yes there have been a few oopses as they are adding many things including security to keep this the greatest site on the internet.

I just wish there were someway to give them a month off to go shooting.

They really deserve it.

Thank you for all your hard work guys.:drinks:

AMEN!
​Dale53

Gunload Master
06-12-2014, 11:58 AM
I believe the image upload has been fixed.
I wish I could take a month off.. not even remotely possible!

HATCH
06-12-2014, 12:03 PM
I got a question for those not being able to access this site the past few days.
What browser are you using?
Firefox?
Chrome?
Internet Explorer?
other?

The reason I asked is that I know for a fact that Chrome was updated last week or at least the copy on my PC was updated.
I couldn't get into a secure website that I frequent on a daily basis with it yet I could with Firefox or IE.
I had to reset Chrome to default settings and then it started working again.

I use Chrome on my work PC because the favorites, search history and passwords are linked to my phone.
It makes life MUCH easier for me.

Bad Water Bill
06-12-2014, 12:34 PM
I went to bed the other night and everything was working great.

The next mourning firefox was full screen and asking me to sign in and use my password.

they would not accept my user name or password.

Nothing else was accessible.

Had to call in the troops and it took them 15 minutes to get full service back.

Unfortunately we could not find GUNLOAD MASTERs schedule book and pencil on a 30 day trip to the gun range.

Perhaps he needs to move to Idaho's asbestos rain forest.

texassako
06-13-2014, 07:11 PM
I don't think it likes my ip address since I can only get here from a different ip than my home service. Otherwise it just tells me the site doesn't exist for the last 3 days.

Bad Water Bill
06-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Willy and a pro company are working 24 hours a day making major changes and corrections to the site.

Please be patient while they continue to keep this the best on the net.

farmallcrew
06-13-2014, 08:53 PM
I had issues over the weekend not being able to get on. And i needed on here to get on my PM to get a fellows phone number to call him about setting up to buy a gun he had for sale. Needless to say when i was able to get on here, i got the number and called the guy 2 times during the times he specified(left messages both times) and sent him a PM stating what happened, no answer. Then he PM's me saying we cant come up with a deal, blah blah blah, ive moved on to another seller no hard feelings i hope. :killingpc:killingpc:killingpc:groner::groner::gro ner:

you would think if someone was that interested in something and the buyer said yes i will call you you and the site goes haywire and it seems like other people had it happen, that you would wait to hear from your first buyer before saying, oohhh well i gave him a 2 day window to call, he doesn't want it. Totally my fault for not writing his number down right away, and putting in the rolodex[smilie=b:[smilie=b:[smilie=b:[smilie=b: haha.

Chill Wills
06-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Same with me for a long time. Not sure what is up but I did try a PM to the web master a few days ago , no reply on that so fat......
Chill Wills.

Bad Water Bill
06-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Please read this and hopefully your answers will be found here.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?244835-I-may-not-be-responding-very-soon-Please-bare-with-me

Give the guys a break please.

9.3X62AL
06-14-2014, 01:23 AM
Just a few downtime periods over the past week for me. Seems to all be cat-quick and race-ready now.

This site has been utterly reliable and absolutely bullet-proof for many years. I deeply appreciate that, and that such conditions are not accidental. FWIW, I greatly appreciate all that Willy--No. 1--and all the shot-callers here do to keep the place open and running. I know it involves a ton of work, and I would like to extend a sincere THANK YOU for all of your efforts.

orisolo
06-14-2014, 07:21 AM
I found out few things
1. Any use of html code in pm gets you banned. Easy way to replicate this is by copy paste from browser to pm window

2. Pictures are a problem to load

3. If you got block use any web vpn to get a "new up" and off you go

I wonder why security is so tight? Simple html code should be allowed. I do understand ddos Sql injection and so on. I think there should be better script then just instant block of an up. After all a major ddos can not be stopped with out huge budget and even then only to a limit.

Btw I use chrome as browser

TXGunNut
06-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Seems to be working great for me now but I had serious connectivity issues on my end so won't complain about site issues. Even posted a pic awhile back so it's all good.

I understand the need for security and applaud the efforts of those responsible for fixing the site I spend so much time on. I wish it wasn't necessary but these are the times we live in.

Good job. Thank you.

orisolo
06-16-2014, 03:11 AM
Hackers are a big problem to any busy site.They either try to get in and get all the credit card info (not really a problem Here)They will Launch DDOS attack and extort money to stop.They will launch DDOS attack ordered by competing website.I think these are the most common reason for hacking.(not counting the "kids" who hack for practice)My Home IP is still banned and I have to use Proxy to write this words.

freebullet
06-16-2014, 03:19 AM
If you can see the pic its working now if not then....

Cmm_3940
06-16-2014, 03:21 AM
what? No DDOS mitigation utilizing virtual servers/virt ip addys/load balancers here? Color me Shocked. (Or just purple). 8-)

Cmm_3940
06-16-2014, 03:25 AM
Hackers are a big problem to any busy site.They either try to get in and get all the credit card info (not really a problem Here)They will Launch DDOS attack and extort money to stop.They will launch DDOS attack ordered by competing website.I think these are the most common reason for hacking.(not counting the "kids" who hack for practice)My Home IP is still banned and I have to use Proxy to write this words.

You might try doing a DHCP release/renew to see if your ISP hands you a new IP addy. Depending on the ISP, they may not have the IP lease locked down...

fred2892
06-16-2014, 03:27 AM
If you can see the pic its working now if not then....

Nope, I can't see it.

orisolo
06-16-2014, 05:35 AM
You might try doing a DHCP release/renew to see if your ISP hands you a new IP addy. Depending on the ISP, they may not have the IP lease locked down...
my provider save the ip for few days.
I hour the black list is removing old ip after few days, I know mine do.

till then it's pretty suck to use proxy

orisolo
06-17-2014, 09:35 PM
Still blockedIm getting frustrated.Is there any way to get my IP's white listed?

LAH
06-18-2014, 11:25 PM
Nope, I can't see it.

Neither can I. Having trouble with links on this site.

orisolo
06-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Still blocked, I must use Proxy to login. The IP block doesn't expire, I hope it is not permanent.

Bad Water Bill
06-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Contact your nearest friendly mod.

They may be able to solve your problem in a heart beat.