PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Right place, right time.

David2011
06-11-2014, 01:47 AM
A gentleman contacted me through a friend recently, wanting me to cast boolits for him. I explained that I was not a commercial caster and declined. He persisted. Visiting with him I learned that due to health issues he is no longer able to cast but still loves to shoot is revolvers. He came to visit me and we swapped a bunch of commercial boolits I didn't need for some raw metal. I ended up with an excessive amount of truck WW and a 5 gallon bucket of linotype strips in exchange for the commercial boolits. I also have a permanent invite to his private range. That's a score all around! I feel like I made a new friend and it was an honor to meet the man.

The supply of metal he left with me will last longer than he will. He shoots one 66 round match a month plus some practice. I'll just leave a fresh box of boolits sitting on the bench every time I visit his range.

David

bruce381
06-11-2014, 01:58 AM
glad to see you will make an exception for him. Sounds like thats the kinda of guy to do it for.
good karma stuff there.

dikman
06-11-2014, 02:46 AM
Good man! Sounds like a deserving sort of fella to do it for, and it's not as if he's trying to freeload, he's paying his way as best he can. As he has his own range, maybe you can re-cycle the scrap sometime too?

Any of us could be in that position in the future, and it would be nice to think that there will be someone out there to help us.

62chevy
06-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Good man! Sounds like a deserving sort of fella to do it for, and it's not as if he's trying to freeload, he's paying his way as best he can. As he has his own range, maybe you can re-cycle the scrap sometime too?

Any of us could be in that position in the future, and it would be nice to think that there will be someone out there to help us.

Amen !!!!

Might have another 5 or 6 years of doing it my self depending on what the good Lord has in store for me. I can only hope it much longer.

osteodoc08
06-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but if he is providing you raw materials and you are returning it to him, there is nothing exchanged hands and certainly not any profit to be made. I dont see how this would violate "the rules"

You can reload for someone if they provide you the materials and not be subject to manufacture of ammunition. I dont see where this is any different.

Its not like you took your raw materials, made some cast boolits and sold it to him, that's completely different.

jsizemore
06-11-2014, 08:19 PM
You should be able to make and share any size ingot you want. The older gentleman just needs his a little smaller then most. I'll bet he has a wealth of info to share.

David2011
06-12-2014, 12:01 AM
This man is the kind of guy you just want to help. He's seen a lot of history and recently lost his bladder. He's still recovering from the surgery. He will have boolits for as long as I can supply them regardless of any future supply of raw materials.

David

Defcon-One
06-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Great for both of you!

If you don't charge him for them, then you are NOT a commercial caster. In the US of A, friends are still allowed to do each other favors or make trades.... at least for now!