PDA

View Full Version : Euroarms Kentuckian

Sasquatch-1
06-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Does anyone know where I might be able to obtain a frizzen spring for an old Euroarms Kentuckian rifle. I am having poor ignition of the priming powder and I believe it is from a weak firzzen spring. I do not want to pay an arm and a leg to have one made if I don't have to.

waksupi
06-10-2014, 10:05 AM
I kind of doubt the spring is at fault. More likely the frizzen needs re-hardened. If it is the spring, it could be heated, spread a bit, and re- tempered for an attempted fix.
Aside from that, Dixie Gun Works most likely would have a replacement.

Sasquatch-1
06-11-2014, 06:11 AM
The reason I suspect the Frizzen is it is lose when closed over the primer pan (about a 1/16th to an 1/8 of an inch play) and is considerably lighter then the spring for the hammer.

OverMax
06-11-2014, 07:39 AM
Out side of what the previous fellow commented. It appears Track of the Wolf has a pretty good selection of springs also. I took notice of their price. Spendy litt'l things aren't they.

doc1876
06-12-2014, 02:22 PM
waksupi is more than likely right, while you might have a weak spring, most of the European market have bad frizzen hardness. for a truly better ignition, you might check both. Some gunsmiths can "respring" the spring too while he is re hardening the frizzen.