PDA

View Full Version : Somebody got a deal

500MAG
06-10-2014, 06:12 AM
I was watching the Corbin "Discover Swaging" book on Eboo and someone got it for $25 yesterday. What a deal. That book goes on some sites for over $200. Couldn't pull myself to buy it. I know I'd be spending a fortune with a swaging setup. Thank you Lord for that little bit of will power.

Bad Water Bill
06-10-2014, 07:42 AM
2 years ago I went to Amazon looking for "YOURS TRULY HARVEY DONALDSON".

Most were selling as they were printed on gold.

I found one "used" for $14.00 and jumped on it.

A previous owner had made 2 notes in pencil and that was the only sign that the book had even been opened.

Still had the original plastic sleeve on it.

Sometimes you just get lucky and that definitely was your day.

Czech_too
06-10-2014, 03:49 PM
In regards to the OP, is this the book you're referring to?
http://s403.photobucket.com/user/Czech_too/media/CorbinSwaging_zps285d7a1d.jpg.html?filters[user]=81066569&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
I picked this up years, or decades, ago. Doubt if I ever even read it. Am I sittin' on a small fortune or just sittin'?
Brian
p.s. sure hope that link works

500MAG
06-10-2014, 06:37 PM
In regards to the OP, is this the book you're referring to?
http://s403.photobucket.com/user/Czech_too/media/CorbinSwaging_zps285d7a1d.jpg.html?filters[user]=81066569&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
I picked this up years, or decades, ago. Doubt if I ever even read it. Am I sittin' on a small fortune or just sittin'?
Brian
p.s. sure hope that link works

No, the book is called Discover Swaging by David Corbin. Probably similar but it's a hardcover

Bad Water Bill
06-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Amazon has a 1979 edition hardcover listed for $69.99 right now.

MrWolf
06-10-2014, 07:03 PM
I paid $42 from Amazon last year for a used hardcover. Just have to keep looking as prices fluctuate.

shooter93
06-10-2014, 07:08 PM
The more I see of these things the more I have come to realize that at my age with the 100's of gun/shooting books I bought over the years I should sell them all and retire with a ton of money. I have the whole Corbin set and literally hundreds of other books that seem to be selling for huge dollars. I'll never sell them though there are people I'd prefer to pass them on to.

Frank46
06-11-2014, 12:09 AM
I'm really suprised at what some gun books bring when they go up for sale. I've bought many over the years and occasionally check out the prices. Some of Frank De Hass's books, Harry Pope, and a bunch of others bring some real fancy prices. Frank

MtGun44
06-15-2014, 11:22 PM
Did Loverin ever put out a book?

Bill

gandydancer
06-15-2014, 11:54 PM
I was looking at a copy of Keith's SIXGUNS at a flea market today 1st ed $65.00 in very good condition. almost brought it.GD PS is that book worth that much money?

Land Owner
06-16-2014, 03:20 PM
The more I see of these things the more I have come to realize that at my age with the 100's of gun/shooting books I bought over the years I should sell them all and retire with a ton of money. I have the whole Corbin set and literally hundreds of other books that seem to be selling for huge dollars. I'll never sell them though there are people I'd prefer to pass them on to.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon are you assured that those to whom you will pass your bequeaths will be as pleased to receive them as you are to provide? If in any doubt, sell the books for cash at the going rate. Spend the money on yourself while you are healthy and able. Take sentiment for "stuff" out of the picture. Pass along cash as your legacy, if there is any left. Let those "Fence Sitters" find their own books at the time of their interest.

Submitted for your consideration...

gandydancer
06-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Land Owner nailed it. That's what i'd do. to many things I gave away ended up on ebay. A re-work by winchester XTR 22 lever action new barrel & new wood that would knock your socks off.my best friend wanted it in the worst way, I let him have it after a while. it left me with a heavy heart as I liked it a lot also. all the work was done for free by winchester. so I let him have it for what I had in it. one week later while in Vermont he sold it for a very good profit and could not wait to let me know about it. and was dumb founded when I got mad at him about it. so no more give aways. I sell it my self. & no I never forgave him for it. its been over 25 years now. I don't know if he's still alive now or not and don't care.