PDA

View Full Version : Winchester model 25?

Desertbuck
06-09-2014, 11:30 AM
On Saturday I went to an auction $350 later I got a beautiful Winchester model 25. But I have no idea how to strip the old girl. And can't find any references on how to do it.
Can anyone of you give me any helpful tips?
Thanks

Mk42gunner
06-09-2014, 04:52 PM
I found it in Shotguns by Keith, he states that the Model 25 is a simplification of the older Model 12, so the takedown should be similar.

Robert

Outpost75
06-09-2014, 05:16 PM
The Model 25 is a solid-frame, non-takedown, in which disassembly is the same as pre-takedown Model 12s or the 97.

nekshot
06-10-2014, 12:45 PM
congrats they are nice guns. I have one and I also am very familiar with the model 12's and after looking it over real close and cleaning what I could (it really wasn't dirty) I passed on the temptation to take it apart. Mine has a 30 inch full choke barrel which pushed me over the edge to buy it.

Desertbuck
06-12-2014, 09:38 PM
107615 I just thought you all might picture of the old girl here she is.

Outpost75
06-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Mine is a 26 inch ful choke, also with the corncob fore-end.

richhodg66
06-17-2014, 01:37 AM
There is one of those in a local pawnshop for $200 that has been sitting there more than a year. It was apparently owned by a serious trap or skeet shooter, the butt is obviously weighted somehow and it has a vent rib, nicely installed, but I don't think it's factory original. I've been considering picking it up, but I like Ithaca 37s, and really don't use the shotguns I already have very often anyway.

nekshot
06-17-2014, 11:54 AM
There is one of those in a local pawnshop for $200 that has been sitting there more than a year. It was apparently owned by a serious trap or skeet shooter, the butt is obviously weighted somehow and it has a vent rib, nicely installed, but I don't think it's factory original. I've been considering picking it up, but I like Ithaca 37s, and really don't use the shotguns I already have very often anyway.

I understand your feelings about the 37's but they did not make many 25's. For 200 bucks you need a shrink for not buying it!!!LOL

richhodg66
06-18-2014, 08:18 AM
Kinda thought so. Obviously not a collector grade since it's been modified. Sure is heavy, but I'm certain there's a weight in the stock which could be removed. The shop is in Topeka if anybody is really looking hard for one.

Desertbuck
06-20-2014, 09:34 PM
I took it out today for the first time. Its been a while since I shot a shotgun and the recoil kind of took me off guard! But in a fun way :) I have more questions though are these Winchester model 25s supposed to literally unload the spent shell on their own?
Here is what I experienced --- Under recoil this slide moves forward ever so slightly trips the built in safety that prevents the bolt from opening when the gun is cocked, then the slide bounces back ejecting the spent shell most of the way, than all I have to do is pull the slide back a short distance and run a fresh one home. I found if you slam fire you go through a box of shells fast!lol
But is that how they where designed to work?