PDA

View Full Version : Pouring more lead-better pic's

SWANEEDB
06-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Well we did it again yesterday, was to much fun not too. Got about 400 lbs put into those little bars, 1/2 to 1 1/2 pounders. Used w/w & mono/lino strips. Two batches of around 200 lbs ea. Both batches came out at 84/86. Pic's are better (I hope) than the day before so those who asked here you go. One pic, the pot, measures 6 x 10 x 22 or 24, 1/8in stainless steel, my burners are set in angle iron, very strong, you can see on the right the two bolts used to raise the pot at the end of dipping to get the lead at one end of it, leaves very little that my ladle won't pick up, ladle you see I bent to lower the weight, not as much spillage as a straight one, it dips at 1 1/2 lbs, W/W on the scale were at 25 lbs ea cast from a linotype mold, came home the other day with 26 of them, got 5 left for a later pour. I do put a shield around the burner, got the fan set up to pull out the smoke and what have you, another fan behind me.

fastfire
06-08-2014, 11:16 AM
If you have a weed burner you can make fast work out of those pig ingots, works good on ww's also fwiw.
Good looking setup.

osteodoc08
06-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Sweet set up. Sounds like you're on your way to a nice lil stash.