PDA

View Full Version : Hornady Pro-Jector Carrier Plate upgrade?

msmyth01
06-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Does anybody know if the Ez-ject converion carrier plate convervison kit at Midway will allow the use of the L-N-L primer system on a Pro-Jector press? It's $77 and change. Looks like it come with primer tubes, but I'm not sure. Hornady is closed till Monday. I have a chance to pick up a new, (unused) Pro-Jector press serial # 12xxx for a decent price.

wabashman
06-07-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm pretty sure it will. I believe I read this earlier this week when looking at case feeder. But I do know it will also let you add in the case feeder later if you choose. Check Amazon as well. Pretty sure I saw one on there for a little bit less money. Plus free shipping if you have prime.

msmyth01
06-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Well, I picked up the Hornady Pro-Jector press today. Apparently Hornady offered these as complete kit. The bix had the goodies (Paciffic M scale, loading block, deburring tool, etc.). The bad news is it can't be convertwd to EZ-Ject because it roll pins instead of screws holding the carrier to thw ram. I'm still quite happy with the purchase. I'll use it as is for a couple of months and if I'm not happy, I'll trade up to L-N-L. It even came wirh a #6 shell plate. :-P

blikseme300
06-09-2014, 04:08 PM
The Pro-Jector is a fine press and will serve you well. I use 2 of these for brass prep and loading rifle cartridges but don't use the priming system as I seat primers off-press. For volume pistol loading the LnL AP's work very well especially if a case collator is added. I prefer the Hornady presses even though I have 3 Dillon SDB's.