PDA

View Full Version : storms= mulberry wine

nekshot
06-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Forecast the other day said high winds so me not the dumbest fella to do things the easy way went and spread painters drop cloths around the mulberry tree and after first wave of storm I scooped up 3 gal of plump fruit and out to the store for sugar and yeast I went, got 9 quart of goood stuff in the glass and "now we wait"!

reloader28
06-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Wow, good deal.
I dont think we have mulberry's around here.
I hope it turns out good for you.

I have to rack 5 gallons of gooseberry wine today.

WRideout
06-21-2014, 07:34 AM
Forecast the other day said high winds so me not the dumbest fella to do things the easy way went and spread painters drop cloths around the mulberry tree and after first wave of storm I scooped up 3 gal of plump fruit and out to the store for sugar and yeast I went, got 9 quart of goood stuff in the glass and "now we wait"!

Believe it or not, I have found a veritable forest of mulberry trees on the south side of Pittsburgh, where I work. I try to make a few gallons of mulberry wine every year, and sometimes blend it with other reds I have made. A mulberry/black raspberry blend is very nice. So far I have harvested about five pounds of mulberrys, and plan to get it fermenting this weekend.

Wayne

CastingFool
06-21-2014, 07:38 AM
I have two mulberry trees in the backyard, and the grandkids went out to pick a few, off the lower branches. Of course, they ate more than what they put in the bucket, and their hands got really dirty. I need to get out there and spread some tarps, too.