PDA

View Full Version : New CED M2

KrakenFan69
06-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Just got a new CED M2 Chrono. The first trip to the range the speaker function went all McDonald's drive thru on me and I can't understand a dang thing it's saying now. Anyone else have this issue? What can be done for it? I've already contacted CED but it will be days before I hear back from them. Just curious.

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

KYCaster
06-07-2014, 10:05 PM
Time to get new hearing aids??? [smilie=1:

Jerry

AbitNutz
06-08-2014, 12:30 AM
Just order two big Macs with fries and use the LED and write it down. I have one....noting gone loopy yet but as soon as it does that's my excuse to buy an Oehler to the tune of $575...yikes!

http://www.oehler-research.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.15.exe/online-store/scstore/p-M35-P.html?L+scstore+rnrk1052ff05a505+1402476836

KrakenFan69
06-08-2014, 08:53 AM
I know I don't NEED the speaker function. It dust ticks me off as it's brand new! Just thought there may be a simple fix.

Kraken Fan #69

gtgeorge
06-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Maybe pull battery and try a thump test LOL. Really not funny as my display went haywire last year and slapping it around and a battery reset brought it back in line. I don't use the voice though.

The USB option to transfer the data works great though! :)

CGT80
06-10-2014, 03:20 AM
My CED M2 started acting up last year. The same thing happened to the voice. I have had it for a few years. I was getting a lot of errors as well, but part of that may be due to the angle of the sun where I was shooting. I haven't tried it out this year. I do need to chrono some loads. I loved the remote screen and being able to recall all the data and then upload it to my computer. I put the sd, av, and a couple other totals in my load data to use as reference. I have not tried to contact the company yet. It seems it may be another good idea that is produced in China and has awful quality control, based on other reviews of the unit and customer service stories.

dudel
06-10-2014, 12:23 PM
I used the voice feature once. It worked, but meh! With the ears on and other noise at the range, it was a bit hard to hear.

I do get heavy use out of the PC download feature. Very nice.

This box is all digital, so it's hard to see where the static would come from. Did you try fresh batteries (who knows how old the supplied battery is)? Maybe open it and check for a loose connection between the circuit board and the speaker? I don't recall any sealing stickers on the bottom.

If you don't find a quick fix, give them a call.

popper
06-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Get a bigger (rubber?) hammer. I fix a lot of stuff that way. Wife laughs at me but it WORKS.