PDA

View Full Version : Ruger customer service

silverado
06-05-2014, 11:10 PM
I would like to make a shout out to ruger....great company. I have a super Blackhawk made in the 90s. It had canted sights and the base pin would twist and get jammed up under heavy recoil. I took it it to my lgs to mail it to ruger and 2 weeks later it seems perfect. They said they changed the barrel and base pin (different design one local smith told me would not work), no charge. Can't bet that kind of customer service.

Tatume
06-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Ruger has been very good to many people, myself included. They build excellent guns and back them up with outstanding service. I'm glad they took good care of your Blackhawk.

dilly
06-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Something to be said for good customer service. It means that when a product is in development or manufacture, the company will have to answer for any mistakes they make. That makes them try a little harder to put out a better product initially even.

Lefty Red
06-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Ruger is a great company.

mold maker
06-06-2014, 09:50 AM
I can't comment on Ruger CS, because I've never needed it. I have 8 handguns that go back to the "60s. Everyone, does it's job, without a hiccup.
Thats a tribute to their CS even before it's needed.

bedbugbilly
06-06-2014, 01:00 PM
My experiences with all of my Rugers has been the same as mold maker's . . . . I have 'em that date back to the 60s as well - never hand an issue with any of them. The nice thing is, if I ever do, I know Ruger will take care of it! They are "good folks"!

Cornbread
06-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Glad to hear they treated you right! I love everything about the Blackhawk and Ruger's excellent customer service other than the fact they don't make my favorite Ruger pistol in my favorite caliber :( I wish Ruger would make a 5 shot Blackhawk in 454 that had a 6.5" barrel. If they started making one I'd be on the phone tomorrow placing an order to get one of the first ones.

lefty o
06-06-2014, 04:34 PM
fairly common on ruger single actions that the barrel is not indexed properly originally. not bashing ruger, because overall they do a good job, but they shouldnt ship it originally with simple issues like that. good customer service is getting it right the first time!

Tatume
06-06-2014, 06:13 PM
fairly common on ruger single actions that the barrel is not indexed properly originally.

By this I presume you mean the front sight is not straight up. I've owned many Ruger single actions and have never seen this on a new gun.

9.3X62AL
06-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Only one Ruger CS experience, and I own or have owned a LOT of Ruger firearms. I Fed-Ex'ed my Redhawk to the company on 12/21/12, and it was returned repaired on 01/08/13. Lights-out EXCELLENT!

lefty o
06-06-2014, 06:35 PM
By this I presume you mean the front sight is not straight up. I've owned many Ruger single actions and have never seen this on a new gun.i have, and have read about a lot of other folks with the same issue.

ghh3rd
06-06-2014, 06:36 PM
I have several Rugers and have had nothing but great service from them. My latest contact with them was last week - I called to order a Gate Detent Spring for my SBH. The associate entered the order and when I asked the total, she said zero, "it's our pleasure". It came in the mail a few days later.

I replied to an earlier thread once about another very positive experience with Ruger:

My first handgun was a Ruger Single Six .22 which also came with the .22 Mag. cylinder, which I purchased once I turned 21 ($92 in 1974).

After 35 years, something broke and I couldn't pull the hammer back. I mentioned it to the owner of a local gun store and he said he'd have his gunsmith repair it, no problem. When I picked it up, he said they had trouble getting a screw out of the grip frame, and never took it apart. The screw hole was mangled horribly as if they had used a power tool and let it slip (oops, he forgot to tell me that part, until I pointed it out).

I sent it to Ruger, with a nice letter telling them that it was my first handgun, the problem that I had, and the story about the "gunsmith". They replaced the grip frame, repaired the problem, blued the new grip frame to match the gun, and returned it promptly -- total cost $0.00

What more can I say!

Randy

silverado
06-06-2014, 10:33 PM
I have owned a few rugers, and other than the canted sight the only problems I have had are high primers on some reloads (rugers fault... or blame taurus if you wish) and what I believe is the break in period on my sr1911

silverado
06-06-2014, 10:38 PM
I have owned a few rugers, and other than the canted sight the only problems I have had are high primers on some reloads (rugers fault... or blame taurus if you wish) and what I believe is the break in period on my sr1911

Actually I had a single six and I think because of the recessed cylinders I had a lot of problems with ammo jamming similar to a high primer.... traded that gun for a charles daly 1911 that I am currently trying to fix up to function 100%

oldfart1956
06-06-2014, 11:32 PM
A tip-o-the hat to Ruger from me as well. Purchased a used Super Blackhawk some time ago and some hack managed to whittle away on the hammer until the slightest breeze would drop it. No need to even pull the trigger. At this time you couldn't even find a hammer for sale. Sent it to Ruger and they fixed it, put in some other new parts and replaced the screws that said hack butchered. I paid shipping at my dealer...$12 and Ruger would have paid for that if I thought to ask. Excellent service on a used hacked gun. Audie...the Oldfart..