PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 1885 Highwall Gunsmith ???

Moondawg
06-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Can any of ya'll recommend a good gunsmith to do some work on a Winchester (Miroku) 1885 Highwall, preferably one that is familiar with the breed. One in Texas would be great.

I have a 38-55 that needs at trigger job and some work on the front sight dovetail. I called Lee Shaver, and he no longer has a FFL so I cannot mail the thing to him. The main thing I don't want to trust the trigger job on a Miroku 1885 to just anyone. The local AR part changer screwed up the dovetail and it needs recutting, but that is more minor.

Thanks

Chill Wills
06-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Any honest to god gunsmith can do the dovetail work.

Without the FFL, Lee can still receive the trigger group witch is all he needs to recut the sear. Did Lee describe that option to you? ....and/or is it that you want the same 'smith to do it all?

Tatume
06-06-2014, 06:10 PM
You should PM to Goodsteel.

Gleedaniel13
06-09-2014, 12:37 AM
Without the FFL, Lee can still receive the trigger group witch is all he needs to recut the sear. Did Lee describe that option to you? ....and/or is it that you want the same 'smith to do it all?

I think he already described it, but if not maybe he has forgot it. You can have the option to mail him about your concerns.;)

Dixiejack
06-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Wayne McLarren has written 3 editions of a book dealing with Browning Hi Wall and Winchester Hi Wall. You might want to get in touch with him.