PDA

View Full Version : Whats that noise???

Remmy4477
06-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Sitting here reading the forums about 9:30ish pm. I hear this noise comming from my back room (Man Cave). Sounded like someone was trying to break in a window or at least maybe pry it open, first thought! Lots or ruffling and twigs cracking. What the? Ran down the hall (armed of course) expecting to see someones head or more comming through a window. Nothing! Noise is comming from out side. Ran around back and discovered this bandit and her 5 kids in a tree next to the house, youll have to look close to see mamma! She's a bigun!!! Think I scared her kids as they all scrammbled up the tree whining like all get out!! Yep mamma was a bit mad! You need to look just above the window to see her, crappy camera! All ended well! Let mamma gather up the kids and go there merry way!Most excitment I've had all week so far!http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=107121&d=1401941595

Magana559
06-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Very cool, we had a few causing problems at the house too. Careful with them girls! They like to bite and scratch!

MrWolf
06-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Hehe had to expand the pic a bit to finally see her. Aye, careful with them.

mikeym1a
06-05-2014, 09:13 AM
I could not see what you were talking about in the photo, so I saved it and brought it up in my Paint Shop. Norton Internet Security immediately starting running and said that the photo contained a .exe that was a threat, and deleted it. Perhaps you should do a scan of your computer. mikey

PS, I thought I saw raccoons in the photos...

trapper9260
06-05-2014, 09:22 AM
I see the coon not a bad size one too bad you had the young ones also in it.Just to let you know that if they want to get into a space that as long there head fits in it they will get into what ever they can if they want.

nhrifle
06-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Did you take Biden's advice and fire a couple warning shots out the back door?

WallyM3
06-05-2014, 08:23 PM
I've had them on the back porch, big as Cocker Spaniels, and as fat, too. Se me open the door from the house and begin to amble over...maybe for a visit. I just chuckle and close the door. Bears...not so much. Even though they are "just" blacks, their claw marks are 8 feet high on the soffits as they reach for the bird feeders. Flying squirrels will eat from my hand.

Moose don't much care one way or another. Used to have 7 skunks arrive in sequence every night. Have some stories out of their visits. This was a second home when I bought it. I think the increased human activity didn't suit them.

I happen to like all that animal activity. The deer are too numerous to mention.

Remmy4477
06-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Did you take Biden's advice and fire a couple warning shots out the back door? I honestly don't think our local Barney Fiffe would understand, well uncle Joe said I could!

firefly1957
06-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Last fall the dog woke me growling and barking at the back door by the noise i was sure it was an intruder standing to the side of the door (Mostly glass) i flicked on the yard and the porch light nothing....then it moved outside the door near my feet it was a porcupine trying to get in the door? Banging on the glass chased it off the porch were it received several 200 grain semi wadcutters one would have been enough had a put my glasses on and hit it better. I did put a extra pair of glasses next to the bed now it was a good learning event for the purpose of home defense. I do not know how long quills last in the ground so i do burn them when i get them at least enough to remove all the quills.